What Falcons Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Since this game is on Saturday night, let's kick this thread off a day early.

Since I began doing these "What opposing fans are saying before the game" threads in 2005 over at RRF, this is the first one that's been posted for a playoff game. (y)

This is a confident group of fans. The vast majority believe the Rams are the best team for them to face in their first playoff game. Btw don't know if this stat is correct but the Falcons are undefeated this season when they've scored 20 or more points.
*****************************************************************************************

View: https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/947848645524590592

View: https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/947875093396430848

DSbHBabX4AAccYB.jpg

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4060238-tweet-on-falcons-defense/

Tweet on Falcons defense

Falcons' defense 2017: Yards per game (9th), rushing ypg. (9th), passing ypg. (12th), red zone (5th), points (8th). 2016: Ypg. (25th), Rypg. (17th), Pypg (28th), red zone (32nd), points (27th).
espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

So stoked about what this defense can be.
----------
I can't wait to see this defense next week. If we beat the Rams, get ready for the media storm we get.
----------
It feels strange to see the pendelum swing from being better on offense to being better on defense. The improvements this D has shown this yr over last are amazing. That D is the only reason, when u look at all the close games we won, we made it to the playoffs imo
----------
Our defense is ONE year away from Dan Quinn having it 2013 Seattle like or even 1985 Bears like. We just need to improve on turnover margin on a consistent basis and stopping the run on a consistent basis.

I'm glad our defense has improved on not allowing big plays through the air like they did last year. The 2018 Falcons are set up to be the opposite of the 2016 Falcons where we could have a historical defense that leads us to a championship this time, and maybe a trip to the Super Bowl in our hometown!
---------
Defense wins championships
---------
That is a FACT, coming into this season no one would have thought our offense would have fallen this hard with Sarkisian. I understand our O-line isn't the same as last year and we have a different fullback, but man our play calling and execution got worse. Our running backs are still averaging near the same carries as last season and Julio Jones is still a top receiver in the league. It's just that Matt Ryan fell off a little and our O-line hasn't pass protected as well either.

Our defense saved us against the Bears, Lions, Saints (in Atlanta), Seahawks, and Buccaneers. Our defense had 2 takeaways against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers in week 2 (one of those was for a TD) and we hung on by 11 points. Against the Panthers yesterday our defense grinded the Panther's offense and gave our offense so many chances to wear down the Panthers defense.
--------
Yet, I still don't feel comfortable when the opponent is facing a 3rd and 21
---------
If the offense can find a groove we can win this whole thing.

I just don't think it'll happen.
--------
They have really turned it up since the Minnesota game. We are genuinely an excellent defense right now, especially in coverage. We could be getting a little bit more pressure IMO, and our LBs are excellent but also a little on the small side, but overall this is the best Falcon's defense since 1998, no doubt about it.
---------
https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/t...or-falcons-to-get-to-conference-championship/

Best Scenario for Falcons to get to Conference Championship

1.) Of all the teams, the Falcons have not played the Rams or Philly. (Have not seen our defensive schemes)

2.) Beat the Rams and then play Philly without their starting QB.

3.) The Rams Defense gave up 34 Points to San Francisco the last game at home.

4.) Philadelphia did not score a single point against Dallas D.

I think this scenario is the best chance to get to the NFC conference.
---------
The rams sat most of their players of significance yesterday
---------
The Rams are very beatable. Easy division, rookie QB, young team and a helluva RB. Their defense can be exploited also. We play our game and we win. Number #1 goal. Stop the run
-------
There is only one scenario for Falcons to play in NFCC. Beat Rams and Eagles, it won’t be easy. Rams will be favorite to win the next game.
---------
Yes we landed in the best case scenario all we need to do now is beat The Rams (I hate The Rams) I am old school like that
---------
I just wish that the Rams were still the St Louis Rams so beating them would be just a little bit sweeter. I know we already had our playoff moment were we literally hit their entire franchise with a flamethrower in the playoff pounding during the DVD days, but I wouldn't have minded seeing something like that again
---------
https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4060235-matt-lafleur-rams-offensive-coordinator/

Matt LaFleur - Rams Offensive Coordinator

Matt's QB coach last year. He should know some things....
default_ph34r.png

View: http://www.therams.com/team/coaches/matt-lafleur/fd03d3b3-7116-4bfd-bb25-efa756cd8391

Also, for the record, I think we should have promoted him instead of hiring Sark. Just sayin...
---------
seeing the transition of Goff and that offense, i have to agree i wish we would have / could have promoted him. we dont know if he was offered and declined, though its hard to imagine anyone wouldnt want to take over this offense.
--------
I just found out Sean McVay grew up a Falcons fan and wanted the OC position before he became a head coach. apparently his grandfather was responsible for the Niners dynasty's success too. who knew?

I had an interview in Atlanta Friday and the interviewer had Rams stuff in his office. asked if he was from St. Louis and he said no, he was a Falcons fan but he went to school with Sean McVay. said McVay got him tickets to the NFCCG last season and everything.
---------
We know he wasn’t offered. He asked to remain as QB coach and Quinn “wasn’t impressed” and said no.
---------
He doesn’t call plays in their offense though. That offense runs through McVay. Maybe LeFluer wasn’t ready to completely take over.
---------
LaFleur and McVay were at Washington together from 2010-2013. The only reason he came to Atlanta was because of Kyle. If he wasn't going to SF, he was going to LA. There was no reason he would stay in Atlanta for the same role if he could coach with a guy he already had a relationship with. Pretty simple.
---------
https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4060195-easiest-path-to-sb/

Easiest path to SB

The Rams will be a tough game but their inexperience playing in “big games” and a suspect D should allow us to pull this out. If our D plays anything like they did today we will be a force in the Playoffs.... For Christ sake WR’s stop dropping balls.

Being the lowest seed if we can beat the Rams we’ll get the Wentz-less Eagles, the Eagles have looked terrible without Wentz. Then we’ll most likely play the Saints to go to the SB. Wow, this is going to be exciting.
---------
There defense is suspect? I guess i just think about our guard situation and their front four. If andy plays a wont worry about it. Havent checkout their stats this year.
----------
I do wanna see the playoff pressure on Goffs shoulder. Their WR’s aren’t great. We should be able to hold our own against them. Just have to figure out scoring touchdowns
----------
LA Rams have the 16th ranked D FYI.
---------
Aaron Donald is Gurley’s equal on D!

Handle these two and get a lead and we can beat these jokers man!
----------
Handled him just fine last year when we put up 44. This year's offense isn't last year's, but defense is 5 x better.
---------
Donald did get a sack last year and 21 of those points came off turnovers. But, either way Wade Phillips 3-4 isn't Jeff Fisher's 4-3. And the Rams went from last in points scored in 2016 to first in 2017.
----------
The rams have good players in the front 7 but they can be run on...if we can get the running game cranking there will be play action opportunities......of course it only works if we catch the **** ball
---------
I just hope and pray the dropsies are over with.

200.gif

----------
How is the Rams secondary? I know the front 7 is really good, but can they cover in the back end?
-----------
Rams are a great first round get. young first time HC. young first time in playoffs QB. My only real concerns are Donald and their ST unit.
------------
https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4060187-how-do-we-match-up-against-the-rams/

How do we match up against the Rams?

I know about Aaron Donald at DT & that their defense is pretty good. They also have Gurley.
-----------
Their defense is absolutely not good
----------
They're tougher and more physical than Seattle. Gurley is 1 man wrecking crew. But I like us against them.
----------
So short of killing ourselves with drops, penalties & turnovers, we should win this game?
----------
Don't really have much of an opinion about them other than Goff has been an unexpected surprise since we embarrassed them 42-14 last year. They're not a team to be trifled with. They have a lot of talent on the offense.

That being said, they run a WCO with zbs concepts so it's a scheme we're very familiar with. Shouldn't pose too many issues if players stay disciplined in their assignments.

Their defense is a little suspect. They have given up a lot of yards on the ground this year (surprisingly) so that's something to look at and possibly exploit.

But they don't particularly worry me in any department other than Gurley. They are a young team with a young (the youngest) coach going into their first playoff game (kinda like we were in 2008). We'll see how they fare with the pressure elevated.
----------
Well, they are a younger team with very little playoff experience. They are a really good team. If we can run the ball at all I think we can beat them
----------
Wade Phillips defense. He is going to blitz you and then blitz some more. The interior of our Oline will be important.

A. Donald is probably the best defensive player in the game right now. He is constantly disruptive.

We can exploit those 1 on 1 matchups but will our OC? I don't know.

Their Offense will score. They got some weapons. If we don't beat ourselves, big if, I like our chances.
---------
Their defensive line is better than Panthers. Andre Levitre will be huge next week. Ryan had tough time today with the pass rush.
----------
This is a dream matchup for the Falcons. And the Eagles the week after. The road to the NFC title is the best it possibly could be for the Falcons.
---------
Of course we'll be the underdogs (rightfully so) but how many times have we seen teams struggle trying to cheat the schedule and take a week to rest only to lose rhythm....

Plus young inexperienced coach and QB, not that crazy an atmosphere...

Wouldn't be the craziest upset that's ever happened.
----------
I won’t lie, the way we’ve played running backs this year, Gurley looks monstrous
---------
Its going to be like playing the saints honestly, except Gurley is one guy and not two. Hopefully Goff’s inexperience comes into play.
----------
We match up great against them
------------
Deion Jones and Devondre have been terrific this season at gap discipline, so I don't see Gurley going off on us.

Something else to keep in mind, their HC rested all of his starters today and wasn't even trying to be competitive. Unwritten rule not to do that and it definitely messes up momentum the starters had.

If the Falcons can move the ball like we did today, AND GET THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE, we should win this thing.

Look for Poole to get attacked on defense, though. It's tough to complete passes on Tru and Alf can make a play on a ball so that's who I think they'll key in on.
----------
They are certainly a team that can capitalize on mistakes.

This is from about mid-season. Look at the number of drives that the defense/ST led them to points either directly or by putting the offense into a position to get easy points...

I949moS.jpg

-----------
Some of you guys are severely underestimating the Rams. Woods and Watkins have elite speed and can burn anybody in our secondary. Kupp is a great slot guy. Plenty weapons there. Goff isn't some statue. He can make plays outside the pocket. The OL is big and powerful. They get a whole lot of push.

Defense obviously has Donald but Brockers and Quinn bring heat too. The LBs arent world beaters but very fast as both of them are college safeties. Trumaine Johnson a big physical corner. Joyner a playmaker at FS. They are the 3 seed for a reason.

We have to slow down the run game. We have to protect Ryan. We have to mininize turnovers and create a couple. Gonna be a dogfight but I like our experience.
-----------
Stop Gurley and force Goff to beat us. Rams Defense can be scored on but we are going to have to match them point for point in order to stay alive in this game. Tough matchup but definitely winnable.
----------
I like our chances against them. I honestly feel like they are the lightest competition for us of all of the teams in the NFC playoffs. JMO.

Contain Gurley like we have the RBs the past two weeks
Keep their QB pressured, even if the sacks don't get there. He can be rattled with constant pressure in the face.
Keep playing defense the way we have.
STs wake up!
Open lanes for Freeman and pound away.
Quinn, if the game is really close, learn some in-game management or at least just pretend you know what you are doing and copy the millennial 50 yards across the field from you. Otherwise, your decisions could single-handedly lose us the game.

BALL GAME

Ram65

Legend
Three more to go after this one PT thanks for all of them.

Uninformed.

The Rams are very beatable. Easy division, rookie QB, young team and a helluva RB. Their defense can be exploited also. We play our game and we win. Number #1 goal. Stop the run

Better but, it is the pass they have to worry about first.

Their defense is absolutely not good

The Rams defense makes stops when they need to. I see a few Falcon turnovers.

Some of you guys are severely underestimating the Rams. Woods and Watkins have elite speed and can burn anybody in our secondary. Kupp is a great slot guy. Plenty weapons there. Goff isn't some statue. He can make plays outside the pocket. The OL is big and powerful. They get a whole lot of push.

Defense obviously has Donald but Brockers and Quinn bring heat too. The LBs arent world beaters but very fast as both of them are college safeties. Trumaine Johnson a big physical corner. Joyner a playmaker at FS. They are the 3 seed for a reason.

We have to slow down the run game. We have to protect Ryan. We have to minimize turnovers and create a couple. Gonna be a dogfight but I like our experience.

Very informed. He knows the Rams better than the rest.

I can see why they have excitement here. Beat the Rams and play the Eagles. I haven't seen much of the Falcons. I watched the Viking game awhile ago. They did nothing on offense @ home after the Vikings played the Rams. I would have thought the Vikings were a little vulnerable at that time. Seems like they drop a lot of passes. Rams defense has to step up right out the gate. Ryan can get rattled so get to him early.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Just another overly cocky fan base. They’re all like this. Everyone thinks their team has the best path to the Super Bowl. Everyone thinks “stop Gurley and make Goff beat you”.

That’s cool and all. But everyone is confident until Aaron Donald hits them in the mouth.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Good mix in there. Some confident, others realistic. Interesting that many of them don't recall getting ran on by the saints. Another legit team with a good run game

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well damn I just read their comments guess we have no shot now. :)

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Guess I'm just old school.

Why all the talk about the 2nd round of playoffs?

1 game at a time.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I hate them with a white hot intensity now...Thanks Prime Time.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I suspect that some of their fans are in for a rude awakening. Lol.

They are gonna learn a harsh lesson about context when discussing that Ram/Niner game. Lol.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Defense wins championships
" The Rams Defense that is!"
That is a FACT, coming into this season no one would have thought our offense would have fallen this hard with Sarkisian. I understand our O-line isn't the same as last year and we have a different fullback, but man our play calling and execution got worse. Our running backs are still averaging near the same carries as last season and Julio Jones is still a top receiver in the league. It's just that Matt Ryan fell off a little and our O-line hasn't pass protected as well either.

Our defense saved us against the Bears, Lions, Saints (in Atlanta), Seahawks, and Buccaneers. Our defense had 2 takeaways against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers in week 2 (one of those was for a TD) and we hung on by 11 points. Against the Panthers yesterday our defense grinded the Panther's offense and gave our offense so many chances to wear down the Panthers defense.
In other words, " The Falcon's have been lucky to have a decent Defense, that has saved there Bacon!!"

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I really don't keep up with other teams other than the Rams, but good god, their knowledge of other teams is horrendous.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For a team that has been so very average and very inconsistent they sure are proud of themselves.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am amazed how many of those clowns talk like they know all about the Rams. It is obvious that 99% don’t have a clue.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I'm one of those guys who feels we need to exact a little revenge from last year's 42-14 loss. We are such a better team this year, and I think their fans look at how easily they won last year and will equate it to an easy win this year. They will find this is a much better Rams team than the 2016 version. I want to see a total beat down of the Falcons.

images

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I think this guy got the inside scoop that the Rams are going to rest Donald, Brockers, Ogletree, Johnson, Barron, Joyner and wait for the Minnesota game. :LOL:

This is a dream matchup for the Falcons.
This guy loosely includes nightmares into his language when he says “dream”.

Plus young inexperienced coach and QB, not that crazy an atmosphere...
Yeah. Those young guys haven’t served the Rams too well this year. Go back to sleep Falcons fan. :sneaky: