What Fa Cbs Do You Realistically Like For The Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I know the obvious connection is Verner...but do you think someone like Munnerlyn or Talib could be options?

Would their price tag be more, less, equal to Verner?

A55VA6

Legend
I honestly don't really like any of them. I'd rather draft one, trust tru and jenks, Fisher is high on McGee. So I think we'll be fine there. If I had to choose one I suppose Verner.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think Verner is the highest chance among starters for us, if they don't grab him I think they might grab a cheap veteran CB for depth and draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I honestly don't really like any of them. I'd rather draft one, trust tru and jenks, Fisher is high on McGee. So I think we'll be fine there. If I had to choose one I suppose Verner.
I honestly think the draft is the way to go for this position as well.

I think each of the three vets I listed though do offer something. I think Talib is the best of the 3. Verner has the experience with Williams. And Munnerlyn playes the nickel on 3 wr sets while manning the outside on 1st and 2nd down.

I don't know how high Fisher is on McGee...I've seen very little talk about that. I also think they need to keep churning the CB corp.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I don't know how high Fisher is on McGee...I've seen very little talk about that. I also think they need to keep churning the CB corp.

I agree. We have JJ and Tru. Behind that in a distant 3rd is McGee, and even further is Pointer. I see us drafting at least two CB's in this draft. If we grab a top CB in FA then we still grab two CB's, just not one very high. If we don't grab a top CB in FA, then we draft one of them higher. Our CB is crap, expect them to fix that.

fearsomefour

Legend
I would like us to sign ideally two vet CBs. Not top notch guys but solid vet guys to provide depth and push JJ. I would still drat a guy too.

laramsoriginal

Starter
It sounds like the rams will most likely bring back Finnegan for cheap. If thats the case I don't see the rams drafting a CB in rmthe first two rounds.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am torn on this topic.

Bring in a Free Agent and move JJ to slot. That makes sense but now you are bumping a highly drafted starter in favor of a High priced guy like Verner. You don't get Verner to play nickel. Fine if Fisher thinks Verner is much better than JJ because Jenkins walks when he hits free agency then.

If Fisher likes JJ then sign Jenkins as a Safety from New Orleans and don't mess with developing chemistry with a potential young star. Draft a corner in rounds 2-4?

My preference would be to sign both Jenkins from, NO and Verner from Tennessee, and screw Janoris if he doesnt like it. Instant Secondary upgrade and then draft a young Corner and Safety that will be better depth than what the Rams have. Adding those two would make the defense killer and both have worked with Williams so it eases the transition.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We desperately need CB depth. McGee showed a total lack of readiness and talent during the Bears game when Tru got concussed. I don't think the FA CBs are the right move. I'd much prefer drafting a CB that won't cost a fortune before he proves his worth to us.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
A FA CB??? I like to see Cortland Finnegan a free agent looking for work in the NFL.
I really hope they see a reason to explain Finnegan's fall off and a good hope to return to form this year and that it's not just a Friends with Jeff Fisher thing.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really hope they see a reason to explain Finnegan's fall off and a good hope to return to form this year and that it's not just a Friends with Jeff Fisher thing.
It's been cited many times that the belief is that Finnegan hasn't been healthy since halfway through the 2012 season. And Finnegan played well that first half.

So if that is indeed the case, I think it worked beautifully for the Rams...because if they get him to reduce his cost and he remains with the Rams then we now have a bargain on our hands.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Hopefully with a reduced price of CF we can go out and get Mr. Verner who would be a PERFECT fit for Greg Williams and his scheme. LEEET IT BEGGIIIIIIIINNNNN!