What ever happened to Ernie Zampese?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Didnt he have a son that was also an NFL offensive coach? If I remember right he is 1 generation earlier than Norv Turner in the Coryell coaching tree. I think Turner and Martz both worked under him in LA before he moved on to Dallas.

I could be totally wrong as the 80s were a bad time to be a brain cell in my head, but I do know he was a good OC and anyone that worked under him could be a good fit for our Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His son, Ken, is the QB Coach in Cincy. And if Hue Jackson gets a HC job, he'll likely become Cincy's OC or Hue's OC.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
His son, Ken, is the QB Coach in Cincy. And if Hue Jackson gets a HC job, he'll likely become Cincy's OC or Hue's OC.

Not sure about that seems the young Zampese has not moved up the coaching ladder and not sure how he would handle being OC. Been passed over so many times, he has had interviews, but nobody has given him the opportunity and one has to wonder if something is lacking because as @jrry32 has communicated many times about the Schottenheimer name one would surmise the Zampese name as an offensive coordinator should have teams beating down Ken Zampese's door.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure about that seems the young Zampese has not moved up the coaching ladder and not sure how he would handle being OC. Been passed over so many times, he has had interviews, but nobody has given him the opportunity and one has to wonder if something is lacking because as @jrry32 has communicated many times about the Schottenheimer name one would surmise the Zampese name as an offensive coordinator should have teams beating down Ken Zampese's door.

I think he's the next man up if Hue leaves. Been with Lewis for over a decade and he was passing game coordinator in STL under Martz during 2002 before going to Cincy.

But it's also possible he doesn't have what it takes. We shall see. He's a good QB Coach, though.