What Eagles Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I guess you don't eat much Mexican food in Texas then, do ya?
Gotta be kidding me. They use that crap down there? I've been all over the country and haven't seen that in an actual Mexican restaurant. I have to admit, I haven't been to TX in many moons.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dang, the Hoppy Hog sounds very interesting! Very creative stuff, it must have taken some serious trial and error to put those ideas together.
After as many years as I have brewed you have a pretty good idea how a recipe is going to turn out before we brew it. It's more trying to figure out if others will like certain beers when we get a wild hair. The Hoppy is actually quite simple. It's not necessarily an easy one to nail but it has a low malt content so you know your hops will really power through it. The rest is primarily making sure your timing is right during the brewing and fermenting process.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'll try and take this food and beer thread and put it back on course lol.

Are you pro-Foles or anti-Foles? He was a stud last year. Is it a case of defenses having a year of tape on him and the offense? I've read a few comments saying they don't think is the future for you guys.I know your line has been a contributing factor too in this.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
When I make it to Oregon, I'm coming to see you!

Agreed. I like the super hoppy ones the best. Kolsch is a good one too. Used to really be into the dark beers but my tastes have changed in beer (and coffee) away from the smokey toward the bitter.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
That's funny. You can actually flag your own post as inappropriate...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agreed. I like the super hoppy ones the best. Kolsch is a good one too. Used to really be into the dark beers but my tastes have changed in beer (and coffee) away from the smokey toward the bitter.
We make so many different styles it's hard to say I like one more than the other. Of course we generally have 12 beers on tap at our pub so I can go with my mood just about any time. I've been on a bit of a hop kick for the past few years. We are doing a Tail Curler series and are on #4. They all have different hop profiles with the same malt backbone. It's been really fun and just a great series if you are really into hops or from the brewer's stand point because we all like to experiment and simply screw around with flavors and recipes. Most of our beers we have to produce the same way every time because you have to have consistency. Our seasonals and specialty beers are where we get to have fun.

My oldest son is now my junior brewer. He's 21. :D Tough gig.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
First off being from the Philly area I think it's the Amaroso bread that make a cheese steak. You can get the other ingredients in other parts of the nation but with the difference in water from other areas the bread doesn't taste the same.

As for the game I think the Rams have a decent chance of winning this game. The Rams run the ball and that is something that will wear on the Eagles D. Not only that but they are so thin at LB if Kendricks, who is nicked up, doesn't play well the Rams running and inside passing game will be in good position to make hay. Not only that but when you look at their Oline, or lack thereof, we should see some sacks and Aaron Donald in the back field making it tough on Shady and Sproles. Yes they get Lane Johnson back but how many games will it take for him to get up to live speed? The interior of their Oline is in shambles and Peters looks like he is nursing a bad wheel. Just the recipe for Quinn to get his grove on. The 49ers played missing their best pass rusher and one of the best LBs out and still shut the Eagles Offense down.

I really think if the Rams can get their run game going early their (Eagles) D might break. There have been grumbling from some players on the D side of the ball as to being wore out. That was a complaint about practice. What do you think the D feels like on Monday when they have to play 40 mins a game due to Chips play style? The 49ers gashed the Birds D every time they ran the ball but they (9ers) never commited to the run. The Rams need to run and make the Eagles stack the box so that Davis can use his mobility to go down field and exploit the middle of the field.

Lastly lets look at the Eagles wins. They struggles at home with the Jags. They were gifted a win vs the Colts, thanks refs. They then struggled with the 1-3 Redskins and pulled that game out in the end. The Redskins looks almost like the GSOT against the Bird. Then they lose to a struggling 49ers team that hasn't been able to score and had locker room issue that seems to have a lot of their team at odds. I am not sure if its just me but to have the Eagles sitting at #6 in the power rankings is a joke when they lost to the 49ers the were #19. I for one think this is a huge opportunity for the Rams to go into Lincoln Financial and make a statement. I hope it is a positive statement, especially since I will be watching the game with a ton of my rabid Eagles friends. If the Rams do beat the Eagles I really think this sets them up to be beat by the Gmen next week and will be the beginning of the normal panic that infects Philly fans once their dreams of a title fade. Lets make it happen guys! Go Rams!!!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
After as many years as I have brewed you have a pretty good idea how a recipe is going to turn out before we brew it. It's more trying to figure out if others will like certain beers when we get a wild hair. The Hoppy is actually quite simple. It's not necessarily an easy one to nail but it has a low malt content so you know your hops will really power through it. The rest is primarily making sure your timing is right during the brewing and fermenting process.
Simple, but it requires precision with your timing to get it right is my guess, that being with less sugar to ferment.

I don't know, but that's just my favorite thing lately, light roasted low malt content with a clean hoppy flavor. Right about when I quit years ago, my favorite thing was dry hopping. The aroma alone is wonderful.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There used to be a poster over at RRF who would troll a thread he didn't like by posting his favorite recipes. :sneaky: A food fight in this thread is good however. Keep 'em coming. (y)

Skimming through about a dozen Eagles boards I have come to the conclusion that they are overlooking the Rams and still fighting amongst each other over their loss to the 49ers. There is hardly any mention of the upcoming game against our team.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
There used to be a poster over at RRF who would troll a thread he didn't like by posting his favorite recipes. :sneaky: A food fight in this thread is good however. Keep 'em coming. (y)

Skimming through about a dozen Eagles boards I have come to the conclusion that they are overlooking the Rams and still fighting amongst each other over their loss to the 49ers. There is hardly any mention of the upcoming game against our team.
Hopefully the coaching staff and players have the same mentality. Unlikely, I know, but fun to think about.

Either way, I think we match up well and win this one.

AZRamsFan93

Gotta be kidding me. They use that crap down there? I've been all over the country and haven't seen that in an actual Mexican restaurant. I have to admit, I haven't been to TX in many moons.
They don't serve Mexican food in Texas. They serve Tex-Mex.

If you want real Mexican food come to AZ!!

AZRamsFan93

Hopefully the coaching staff and players have the same mentality. Unlikely, I know, but fun to think about.

Either way, I think we match up well and win this one.
Much depends on which QB we start and their ability to tackle ALL GAME versus Eagles' backs.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
They don't serve Mexican food in Texas. They serve Tex-Mex.

If you want real Mexican food come to AZ!!
I know you have lots of "natives" there in AZ but the best Mexican food I've ever had was in Southern CA.