What Dolphins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I find it funny they think so highly of their backup QB. If he's so great he would be starting.
I would bet my ass that Hill throws for at least 20+ TD's this year and be as good as Tannehill's #'s.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I think Tannehill is an underrated QB, but yeah, it wouldn't surprise be to see Shaun Hill's stat line look the same after 16.

Slappy967

Starter
I'm thinking that the freaking stupid dolphin song they play in their stadium has finally driven many of them into pure insanity.

They would have to have fans actually attend games for them to actually be driven nuts by that song.

V3

Hall of Fame
Who are all these fine young QBs that everyone keeps saying we should have drafted? Aside from Luck and Wilson it's been a lot of average, IMO. Luck no one had a chance at, Wilson is a 3rd round fluke.
This past draft had a few QB's that have looked good(Bortles, Bridgewater, Mettenburger, Garopplo).

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
This past draft had a few QB's that have looked good(Bortles, Bridgewater, Mettenburger, Garopplo).

I'll give you Bortles, but I doubt the other ones will ever be worth Donald. Maybe.

Slappy967

Starter
No use looking to the past and this team is still winning 8 games so next draft is out too barring a trade up. All aboard the Shaun Hill war wagon!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

I really wanted Garropolo as well. Think he's got a pure throwing arm. He'll be a good one in time.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Career stats:

Moore - 5,321 yds 33tds 28ints
Hill - 6,381 yds 41tds 23ints

I'll take Hill. More experience and is better with the ball. This offense is built for a qb to manage the game and not make mistakes to cost the team. Hill can do that. This is going to be the best supporting cast he's had and he will surprise people this year.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
I think some folks are reading the consideration for acquiring a QB wrong. There isn't another available QB ready to come in and start over Hill, but there are several backup QB's with NFL experience that could force either Gilbert or Davis to the practice quad. It would take time to learn the offense and that is likely the biggest barrier versus giving up a future 5-7th round draft pick, IMO.

fearsomefour

Legend
Does anyone outside the Rams beleive in Hill? At least we did upgrade the position. I'd drink heavily with 16 games of Clemens.
A lot of people are not familiar with him. To me, I am surprised he was not a starter somewhere already when the likes of Fitzpatrick and Hoyer are starting.
I said when he was signed it was a huge signing....did not anticipate this however.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ran into a Steelers fan this morning who said that Hill's hands are too small.

1tvjvl.jpg

I changed the subject and questioned him about his team's Cheech and Chong running backs, Bell and Blount. A good time was had by all.

V3

Hall of Fame
I really wanted Garropolo as well. Think he's got a pure throwing arm. He'll be a good one in time.

I liked Garropolo, Mettenberger, and Bridgewater(kinda why I brought them up since I've been watching to see how they've been doing). I never bothered to watch Bortles since I never thought for a second the Rams would take him. I have to say I was pretty pissed when NE took Garropolo.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I liked Garropolo, Mettenberger, and Bridgewater(kinda why I brought them up since I've been watching to see how they've been doing). I never bothered to watch Bortles since I never thought for a second the Rams would take him. I have to say I was pretty pissed when NE took Garropolo.

Same here.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Brady Quinn’s tenure in Miami ends after two weeks
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 26, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/26/brady-quinns-tenure-in-miami-ends-after-two-weeks/

bradyquinn-e1409078727148.jpg
AP

Brady Quinn didn’t last long in Miami.

Quinn, the veteran quarterback who signed with the Dolphins two weeks ago, wrote on Twitter today that he has been released.

“It was short lived but I enjoyed every second. Thank you Miami Dolphins for the opportunity to play the game I love again. Best of luck to all the players and coaches this season,” Quinn wrote.

The 29-year-old Quinn, a 2007 first-round pick of the Browns, has made clear that he wants to keep playing. But Quinn may be out of options. There wasn’t much interest in Quinn this offseason, and the one team that gave him a shot wasn’t impressed enough to keep him around. We may have seen the last of Quinn in the NFL.

Should the Dolphins trade Tannehill to the Rams?
http://www.phinfever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11583

A friend of mine suggested this. They can probably get a first rounder for him
----------------
picard-facepalm_zps404792fb.jpg

---------------
Ya knew there was an agenda behind this topic.

Let's think logically about this. If Miami were to give up on Tannehill at this point it is a sign of no faith. Why would another team, who is probably getting a top 15 pick, pony that up for a guy who Miami is throwing to the curb?
--------------
Miami was a tie breaker away from the playoffs, and Im impressed through the preseason. THIS IS A PLAYOFF TEAM.... we should not be thinking about IMPLODING this roster to start over again
---------------
I wasn't asking about Miami, I'm asking about St Louis. If Miami is willing to give up on Tannehill for Moore than why would St Louis pay a 1st round pick for Tannehill? Who overpays for a QB who lost his job?
---------------
b6488ee3.gif

-----------------
Id rather trade a portion of the fan base
----------------
I like the idea of trading Moore. Given the Rams desparation, you might get a 2nd or 3rd for him.
---------------
Rams won't trade a 2nd or 3rd for Moore. It's more likely they would do it for Tanny because of that lovely abused expression "upside potential".

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
@RamzFanz maybe you should make an account here and tell these guys that there is no desperation. Lol. A second or third for Moore? Not gonna happen, fellas.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Since when is Matt Moore one of the best backups in the league? Since when is he worth anything more then a late round pick? Matt Moore freakin sucks. Hill is much better.

Moore IS one of the best backups in the league. You haven't seen him play in the last few years if you think otherwise. But he's not any better than Hill. Maybe the same if Moore is lucky. No sense trading for someone who's not an upgrade.

And yeah, Dolphins fans can be real depressed assholes.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Grimes And Finnegan A Special Pair
http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?82779-Grimes-And-Finnegan-A-Special-Pair

I wouldn't go so far as to say Finnegan is special at this point, but I think there's certainly room to be optimistic. He got snaps vs. Roddy White, Vincent Jackson, and Dez Bryant and didn't get molly whopped. He looks like a starter.
-------------
All the new rule enforcements are designed to hurt a guy like Finnegan, there is no 'going through' receivers anymore.

Maybe he adjusts... we'll see.
------------
Grimes and Finnegan are an expensive pair....which would be fine if Finnegan's name was replaced with Verner.
-----------
I thought the circumstances, some variables, a confidence, health clearance, athletic ability, body conditioning and physique, I thought he would have a better chance of regaining his form than the opposite..he looks good so far.
-----------
I'm still not completely sure about Finnegan as a starter. Hope he will be solid. Grimes looks outstanding. He is an absolute superstar and one of the three players on this team which makes most fun to watch. The other two are Wake and Clay.
-----------
Miami Dolphins vs. St. Louis Rams...
http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?356588-Miami-Dolphins-vs-St-Louis-Rams

I don't want Tannehill to play a single down if Robert Quinn is in the game
-------------
St. Louis Sams? Really?

tumblr_lonqv6r9Zs1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

--------------
I wouldn't play the starters at all. I just remember when Sparano kept the offense in and Long got hurt and was never the same after that.