What Dolphins Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
How much could we get for matt moore?---rams related
http://www.thephins.com/forums/show...much-could-we-get-for-matt-moore-rams-related

What is the most we could get from moore? is a 2nd or 3rd rounder possible?
-----------------
If they want Matt Moore, they're going to have to give us a lot in return because if Tannehill goes down, it's Brady Quinn, and that is not okay.

I feel for Bradford. Dude just can't stay healthy.
----------------
Having a backup like Moore is huge... but you'd have to consider the potential return you could get for him right now. If we could get a good pick, I'd move him.
---------------
Jake Long..
shifty.gif

It would leave us with Brady Quinn..uhm..Brady Quinn..Devlin received an injury settlement so he would not be ready to go in case of emergency and Lobato..just no

Would have to be a Conditional #1 pick imo
---------------
Man...Rams' year isn't looking too hot (high draft pick incoming). They're in the WRONG division to be losing their starting QB this close to the season.

Money says they'll get raped by the Cheaters for Mallet.
-------------
Jake Long got beat on this play and cost them the season. They are now stuck with Shaun Hill as a starter, I don't think hill has been a starter since the 2010 season. This is exactly why we need to keep Matt Moore.
-------------
Jake Long is the one that got Bradford hurt lol...
-------------
Third rounder is definitely not possible lol If they were so interested, the offer would be a 5th round pick. There are several teams with back ups just as good or better than Moore, Moore doesn't have this amazing trade market that some of our fans think he has, and that's why we should keep him.
-------------
Yah most I'd say would be a fourth, but more likely a 5th or later. Moore doesn't have crazy value IMO bc he doesn't have any long term chances of maybe being the answer like maybe Cousins or someone else would.
--------------
I watched the play and Bradford wasn't hit very hard. He is just a fragile QB who hasn't been able to stay healthy since he was injured in college. It isn't Long's fault that Bradford is made out of paper mache.

I don't think the Rams would have any interest in trading for Moore. I think they probably realize that without Bradford, their season is probably over before it starts. I suspect they will go with the backup QB they now have on their roster and pick up a veteran QB who is cut over the next week to serve as his backup.

The Rams staff has to realize that Bradford is not the long term future for them at the QB position. He just doesn't appear to be able to make it through a season without suffering a serious injury. . Right now the Rams just have to hope that they are able to draft one of the top QB's in next years draft. With their current problems at the QB position, a top five draft pick next year appears very likely.
--------------
Maybe they trade for Sanchez, We need Moore
---------------
Rams are better off tanking and drafting a top qb.

--------------
After taking some time to think about it. I think the Rams would better off to try and trade with the Redskins. They could always offer their first round pick next year to try and trade for Cousins or RG3, if Cousins beats him out for the starting job.

That would make a lot more sense for the Rams if they are still looking to have a successful season this year and it would also provide them with their starter for several years to come. The Rams trying to trade for Moore as their starting QB this year really doesn't make much sense at all. He is an excellent backup QB, but nothing special as a starting QB in the NFL.
--------------
Having to pay him $5M a year is precisely the reason I don't think the Rams or any other team has any interest in trading for Moore. He isn't a starting caliber QB and the Dolphins are probably the only team in the NFL who would be willing to pay him that type of money to be a backup on their roster.
-------------
While I don't think Moore is worth a third I would say I don't think there are better backup QBs unless you mean young guys with future potential. As far as vets go I can't think of anyone I'd say "Yeah give me that guy no doubt"
------------
Similar, albeit different body parts, to Chad Pennington. That wasn't much of hit either that knocked out Chad in 2009. Did you notice if Bradford was wearing a brace on his repaired knee?
------------
I like Matt Moore as much as anyone, but I'd say a backup who is as good if not better would be Matt Hasselbeck.
------------
I agree that Bradford seems as fragile as Chad did in of his career. I don't know if Bradford was wearing a brace or not, but since he was coming off surgery on the same knee he injured, I certainly would think he would have had a brace on his knee.

Of course Bradford looks like the only way he can stay in a game and not get hurt is if he was surrounded by plastic bubble which no one on the opposing team is allowed to touch.
------------
They should sign Kyle Orton...(the Rams that is)
-----------
I just think many people on here are vastly overrating what the Dolphins could get in a trade for Moore. I don't think anyone, including the Rams would offer anything higher than a sixth round pick for him and probably a seventh round pick is a more realistic estimation of what he would go for if the Dolphins actually had any interest in trading him.
-------------
I don't think they would either. There's a story they're interested in Buttfumble, but Kelly wants the mother lode for him.

They'll likely end up starting Hill, bring in a vet back-up on the cheap, and shoot for a new QB next draft.
------------
Tough break for Bradford. Unfortunately, no knee brace can control knee motion enough to prevent excessive strain on an ACL.
------------
Seems like we have this discussion every year. I think if anyone had offered a 2nd or 3rd round pick at any time over the last few years we would have traded Moore in a heartbeat but realistically we could probably get a 5th or maybe 4th round pick for Moore and it isn't worth getting rid of him for that price. He is one of the best backups in the league and that does have value.

The Rams are idiots they had a ton of draft picks the last few years and Bradford has never been able to remain healthy and even when he was healthy he wasn't that great (he looked pretty good though), they had the draft picks to select a quality young Qb and chose not to and they are more than likely going to be picking early next draft.....
---------------
Bradford's injury is exactly why it would be foolish to trade Moore....
--------------
i think shaun hill is not the worst solution for them, he has started over the years and looked decent
--------------
I'd like to know how much we could get for Ryan Tannehill? Not that I think he should be traded, but I'm seriously curious: how much? Would the Rams trade a first rounder for him?
--------------
All of these. And to add a little perspective to the Rams doomsday predictions....

Kellen Clemens went 4-5 as Rams starter last year. (better win % then Bradford)
He led them to wins over New Orleans, Indianapolis and Chicago.
3 of his 5 loses were to Seattle (X2) and San Fran.

Not saying this doesn't hurt STL, but a backup caliber vet quarterback could still lead STL to a very respectable record.
--------------
It was hard to tell, with the dark socks and pants. I could not see anything bulky like the knee braces linemen wear or like the one Joe Namath used to wear. You could see that thing from a mile away.
smile.png
I'd say since there was a brace, it was some sort of lightweight space age material kind of thing. Braces do prevent excess lateral movement, which is how many knee injuries occur.

To listen to that so called injury expert, no brace is ever going to protect the ligaments and if that's the case why does anyone ever wear them? Bradford's knee did not appear to bend in an awkward direction. It seemed like something that could have happened doing many common knee movements considering the way it happened.
------------
And, Shaun Hill is an upgrade over Clemens. IMO, there is a good chance the Rams could win as many games with Hill as they could have with Bradford.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Does anyone outside the Rams beleive in Hill? At least we did upgrade the position. I'd drink heavily with 16 games of Clemens.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Since when is Matt Moore one of the best backups in the league? Since when is he worth anything more then a late round pick? Matt Moore Fuckin sucks. Hill is much better.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Does anyone outside the Rams beleive in Hill? At least we did upgrade the position. I'd drink heavily with 16 games of Clemens.

I'm much more comfortable then I would be if Kellen were starting. I don't want the rams to trade for anyone. Unless it costs a fourth or less. I'm not gonna give up a high pick for a stopgap solution.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am irritated by the talking heads, that seem to enjoy being ignorant....I think one guy does a little research (whether its correct or not), and then they all hear the info, and parrot it as gospel....

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Money says they'll get raped by the Cheaters for Mallet.
Even Miami fans know they cheat!:huh:

Third rounder is definitely not possible lol If they were so interested, the offer would be a 5th round pick. There are several teams with back ups just as good or better than Moore, Moore doesn't have this amazing trade market that some of our fans think he has, and that's why we should keep him.
Nice to see logical fans on other forums;)

Jake Long is the one that got Bradford hurt lol...
:shooting: Insensitive Moron :fighting:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I am irritated by the talking heads, that seem to enjoy being ignorant....I think one guy does a little research (whether its correct or not), and then they all here the info, and parrot it as gospel....

Dude, they love it. We'll get to see them be sick talking about our team when we're winning, that's it. That have us down to fail, that's what they want to see. People love to hear Rams are doing bad. I blame the GSOT....

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Shaun Hill > Matt Moore. I'll take Austin Davis over Moore. Yo Selassie what are those dumb ass tuna fans thinking down in FL?

I don't understand any of this Sanchez, Cousins or Mallett, or whomever talk.

I would take Hill over any of them that goes for most if not all backups on other teams.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Who are all these fine young QBs that everyone keeps saying we should have drafted? Aside from Luck and Wilson it's been a lot of average, IMO. Luck no one had a chance at, Wilson is a 3rd round fluke.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Boy, how well put is this?

All of these. And to add a little perspective to the Rams doomsday predictions....

Kellen Clemens went 4-5 as Rams starter last year. (better win % then Bradford)
He led them to wins over New Orleans, Indianapolis and Chicago.
3 of his 5 loses were to Seattle (X2) and San Fran.

Not saying this doesn't hurt STL, but a backup caliber vet quarterback could still lead STL to a very respectable record.

So, Kellen Clemens leads the Rams to a 4-2 record outside the division, with THREE of those wins being wins against NO, Indy and Chicago. If Clemens can do THAT with last year's team, then Shaun Hill, a much better QB with time to prepare on a better Offensive unit should be able to achieve even better results.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The only back-up QB that I would be willing to trade a 2nd-3rd round pick for is Cousins. That's about it. Otherwise everyone else is way overvaluing their back-ups

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jeff Fisher miscalculated....
http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?356583-Jeff-Fisher-miscalculated

First by picking Rams over Fins, second by not having a decent backup plan with an injury prone starting QB. You reap what you sow, Jeff!!!
chuckle1.gif
chuckle1.gif
chuckle1.gif

-------------
I liked him.

But it's painfully obvious the game has passed him by.
-----------
Yea he chose wrong. Bradford or whoever he drafts not a hard choice. Tannehill and Wilson were both in reach
------------
You reap what you sow, he should of taken dolphins job better player better team just need good coach .we would made playoff w him last year.-----
-------------
You can't tell me most of you didn't think the same thing. Bradford hasn't been healthy ever and he passed on the Fins because "they already had a QB in place". He also liked that draft pick but let's face it, he's as good as gone and never had a chance at that division.
-------------
Jeff Fisher sucks.
------------
I never cared for Fischer. They had that shot at the Super Bowl in Tennessee, but beyond that his record speaks for itself i.e. average.
------------
6 winning seasons out of going on 18 or 19. 2 winning seasons out of the last 9. If he wasn't kicked to the curb by Bud Adams, he'd still be coaching TN. Yet, with his scary impressive curriculum vitae he demanded to be the defacto GM. Just ponderous.

"You can't fool all of the people all of the time" (well maybe except for Steve Ross but fortunately with the help of Demoff father and son tagteaming, he fooled Stan Kroenke even more. Now the chickens are coming home to roost.
-----------------
Can't stand him...screw him, screw that team, and that boring city.
---------------
Did the guy who hit Sam Bradford happen to run past a certain Left Tackle who might have played for the Dolphins a little while ago?
--------------
Fisher has the same "back up plan" as the Boss did when he selected 3 injured players in the draft - and didn't have a tackle on either side worth a pay cheque
--------------
Many of us called it. He is and always has been the epitome of mediocrity.
--------------
Talented roster. If the owner doesn't overreact they can really build something.

It will be interesting to see how our line fares against that front seven, even in a final preseason game.
-----------------
http://deadspin.com/sam-bradford-out...1626253124/all

Check the .gifs. That is most certainly #77 on both of those. We made the right decision not to offer him top tier money to re-sign. I will give Ireland credit there.

Seriously though,
lol.gif
at Jake Long doing the worm on 2 plays in the same series. And getting his QB's leg shredded in the process.
--------------
We offered about the same money as St Louis. I don't think he was worth top tier money but when you spend his money on a career backup like Ellerbee I would rather have kept long.
--------------
I liked the Rams as an NFC team until Fisher pulled his stunt. Now I root against the Rams at every turn and Laugh when I see fisher and his confused look.
--------------
Fisher paraded himself like a rock star and some kind of diva because teams without coaches had interest in him. He is a veteran coach only because of Bud Adams foolishness.
Compared to Sparano, he was an upgrade...but that is not saying much.
Philbin is a strange bird but I will give him a few more years. It is not like Harbaugh would like to coach here...
--------------
Not sure how he chose wrong. He saved our franchise years of losing seasons by going to STL. We should all be grateful.
-------------
Ireland says he offered more money than St Louis. Maybe Jake felt so much loyalty to the Dolphins that he didn't want to subject us to his play. Thanks, Jake!
-------------
I was so relieved when he passed us by. The guy is the Jay Cutler of coaches. Just good enough that you don't obviously need to fire him, but not good enough to actually get you to the promised land. Mediocrity incarnate.
-------------
Decent defense, suspect offense, questionable QB situation...as far as teams go I'd say his choices were a wash. He went with the one willing to give him GM power and I don't blame him.

I don't hold grudges especially when the guy didn't do anything to me personally. I just move on.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Yeah, I'm sure Fisher saw the whole Incognito/Martin saga break out last year and said to himself, "Wow. I screwed the pooch."

You know the fun thing? Shaun Hill's last 16 games:
335, 552, 3541, 21, 13, 82.3
Tanehill's last 16 games:
355, 588, 3913, 24, 17, 81.7

But we're going to trade a second round pick for his back up.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Well they aren't wrong about his mediocrity. That's going to follow Jeff around for a long time, until we make the playoffs a couple straight years.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Shaun Hill > Matt Moore. I'll take Austin Davis over Moore. Yo Selassie what are those dumb ass tuna fans thinking down in FL?

I don't understand any of this Sanchez, Cousins or Mallett, or whomever talk.

I would take Hill over any of them that goes for most if not all backups on other teams.

I'm thinking that the fucking stupid dolphin song they play in their stadium has finally driven many of them into pure insanity.