What does Cam’s status really mean?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
What can we infer from Cam Akers’ apparent soon to be “active” status?

I think it is a question with a two-part answer.

1. That he is healthy enough to play without creating an undo risk of re-injury. That part is purely a medical position that can only be assessed by team doctors. I presume that, in making this assessment, Cam’s opinion and desire/willingness to take on the risk of returning were not significant factors. I also presume (or, at least, strongly hope) that no team doctor would risk his or her professional status and reputation by signing off on the return of a player who is likely to suffer a re-injury. So…on this issue, I’m not too worried.

2. That the Rams and Cam believe he can be effective. This is less of a scientific issue. While the doctors no doubt have an opinion, on this issue the beliefs of the team and the player can be the deciding factors. Are they right? I sure hope so, but it remains to be seen.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Well, I'm sure Cam and the Rams and the docs have put a huge amount of effort on both parts of your answer. That tendon has gone through a gauntlet of stress tests, no doubt.

Just unreal that Cam is ready so soon. But it sounds like there's 100% buy-in from all parties involved.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I guess we’ll find out for sure now that Hendo’s down again. We got Funk and is Howell still around? And who else? I guess regardless of Cam’s status we probably need a body or 2. Let’s see what else Les has up his sleeve.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is one of those gambles that feels a high probability of loss for both the Rams and Akers.

I’d rather see Michel and Funk all game with Cam leaving the game with no turf marks ( grass stains for serious people @Loyal )

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It means he's cleared medically
It means he's practicing
It means he feels he's good to go
It means McVay was right when they thought he'd be back in time for the playoffs

Q729

Legend
It means here's something else for defenses to prepare for.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It means I'm gonna be shitting my pants and hoping he doesn't suffer an injury because then we will need to hear from internet doctors coming out of the woodwork with I told you so's. :laugh4:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're usually pretty cautious with injuries, so I don't think they'd put Cam out there if they didn't think he was medically solid. How effective will he be? I don't know.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
With Hendo heading to IR McVay said Cam might actually get some touches this week.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It means he's cleared medically
It means he's practicing
It means he feels he's good to go
It means McVay was right when they thought he'd be back in time for the playoffs
But....
What does it really mean? :laugh1:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But....
What does it really mean? :laugh1:
3761F1D8-E906-4BE1-B29A-896147C1C70A.jpeg