What do you guys think...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
about these questions/suggestions I posed for Demoff? I wanted to see what you folks thought, but I know we're not supposed to comment in the Demoff threads. Here's my list of questions:

Hi Kevin, thanks for all the time and effort you put into connecting with the fans of the Rams worldwide and the STL community. I have 4 questions:

1. I know the NEW stadium in STL is 10-20 years out, but I heard you raising the hypothetical dome or outdoor question to the season tix holders. My question is, why not do something like AZ or INDY has and do the retractable roof? The best of both worlds if you ask me. Is that a consideration?
I am a Ram fan who has a great appreciation for the historic players, coaches, and moments in franchise history. I enjoy seeing the division, conference, and championship titles hanging in the rafters as well as the retired numbers. One thing I wish the Ed had was a statue or two or three. Could that be a possibility at a future stadium? I can just imagine a larger than life statue of Deacon coming to rip a QBs head off or Marshall Faulk juking his way for 6. A consideration in the future?

Since you have been working in STL one of your main goals has been to improve the FAN EXPERIENCE in the dome and find ways to make the dome unique and give the fans something to be proud of. One of the great Rams traditions during the GSOT and through 2006-07 were the yellow foam sticks (our version of the terrible towel) and the "Bang the drum all day" song after TDs ( ). I know the latter is also a Green Bay tradition, but we fans in STL LOVED it! Other teams have adopted the Ravens "woooo ohh oohhh ohhh" chant. PLEASE BRING THESE TRADITIONS BACK!!!

What is the process for retiring a Rams #? Is this discussed on an annual basis? Do people vote within the organization? I understand that Deacon, Marshall, and Isaac were quite easy decisions, but what about a guy like Torry "Biggame" Holt? Is this a possibility in the future? I know his number isn't retired, but the Rams seem to have made an effort to steer WRs away from the number (with exceptions of Gilyard and Spach). How about Steven Jackson?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I like question #1.
I think Demoff has already said the additional cost of a retractable dome is prohibitive.

Q's 2 &4 I'm not a fan of adulation of individuals so I say no to both.

If the inflatable sticks is what that question was ( he asked "foam") but the inflatables have been outlawed haven't they,no artificial noise makers?

PhxRam

Do me a favor and try and just pick one question. I understand wanting to ask a bunch of questions but please pick one.

If we happen to be short on questions, you are more then welcome to submit and additional one.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO it would be quite sad for the Gateway City if they don't go retractable I understand the cost, but Stan has the means and it would enable the city to host so many extra events look what that Dome has brought the city of Indianapolis not going in the same direction would be a decision that everyone involved would look back on with great disdain!

PhxRam

IMO it would be quite sad for the Gateway City if they don't go retractable I understand the cost, but Stan has the means and it would enable the city to host so many extra events look what that Dome has brought the city of Indianapolis not going in the same direction would be a decision that everyone involved would look back on with great disdain!

I thought the cost was prohibitive to put on the current dome. I am sure if they build a new dome it would be in the discussion.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I agree, Den. I mean, if you're gonna build a new stadium... Design it for the long haul.

Lord knows we don't need buyers remorse and go thru this again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams24/7 - all are good questions in my book. I'd pick #1.

And... Maybe I'll steal one of your others... :sneaky:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

I absolutely agree IMO a dome or retractable dome would be our best shot at a Super Bowl,I think the Northeast cabal dodged the bullet this year on weather . so the Mason Dixon line will be the indicator ,North gotta be a dome or these guys are more arrogant than I thought

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I thought the cost was prohibitive to put on the current dome. I am sure if they build a new dome it would be in the discussion.

Great point and if the option is inside or outside because they won't go retracable then I'm for inside because I am getting older the cold weather rips right through me now at 47. Now when I wore a younger man's clothes the thought of watching a game like Detriot vs. Philly in the snow was exciting, however, now I just shiver!

PhxRam

Great point and if the option is inside or outside because they won't go retracable then I'm for inside because I am getting older the cold weather rips right through me now at 47. Now when I wore a younger man's clothes the thought of watching a game like Detriot vs. Philly in the snow was exciting, however, now I just shiver!

I hear you on that. When I lived in NY, me and my buddies used to go to Buffalo games and it was cold as all hell.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thought I've heard Kevin discussing Indianapolis as the model to follow... i.e. Their stadium?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I think Demoff has already said the additional cost of a retractable dome is prohibitive.

Q's 2 &4 I'm not a fan of adulation of individuals so I say no to both.

If the inflatable sticks is what that question was ( he asked "foam") but the inflatables have been outlawed haven't they,no artificial noise makers?

Unless the individual's name is Vince Lombardi. He remains bigger than life.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hear you on that. When I lived in NY, me and my buddies used to go to Buffalo games and it was cold as all hell.

Mark Twaine wrote "The coldest winter I every spent was a summer in San Francisco." Although some debate if he actually said that one thing for sure, whoever said it never spent time in Western, NY from December through February!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Unless the individual's name is Vince Lombardi. He remains bigger than life.

As well he should as I showcase my Italian bias...When I grew up according to my Grandfather, it was, God, Lombardi and the Pope in that order!

PhxRam

Mark Twaine wrote "The coldest winter I every spent was a summer in San Francisco." Although some debate if he actually said that one thing for sure, whoever said it never spent time in Western, NY from December through February!

You really have to live in the snowbelt to truly understand what cold and snowfall is.

It sucked shoveling your driveway 2-3 times a day. Shoveling snow off your roof in fear of it collapsing.

23 years of that and I had enough. Packed what few things a 23 year old has and moved out west.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Packed what few things a 23 year old has and moved out west.

And the reason that Horace Greeley said..."Go west young man, go west!" was because he was Mayor of Utica, NY. My wife and I had enough this year of the harsh winters in New York have since purchased property in Arlington, TX (we have family there) and in eight years we will be handing out crayons to all our friends and family in Upsate, NY and tell them to color us gone!

PhxRam

And the reason that Horace Greeley said..."Go west young man, go west!" was because he was Mayor or Utica, NY. My wife and I had enough this year of the harsh winters in New York have since purchased property in Arlington, TX (we have family there) and in eight years we will be handing out crayons to all our friends and family in Upsate, NY and tell them to color us gone!

Where in upstate? I grew up on Skaneateles Lake, which is south of Syracuse.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Where in upstate? I grew up on Skaneateles Lake, which is south of Syracuse.
Albany, NY (Town of Guilderland) beautiful from April - November, but I am looking forward to one day shoveling just sunshine.

PhxRam

Albany, NY (Town of Guilderland) beautiful from April - November, but I am looking forward to one day shoveling just sunshine.

Used to go out that way to catch grateful dead shows. Spac was always a good venue to catch acts like crosby,stills, nash.