What did everyone think of Barksdale?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Haven't re-watched yet, but I thought he was pretty damn solid.

I said it last night, and it was my biggest concern all preseason. They kept Sam clean. If that stays true we're in for one hell of a season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:

I said it last night, and it was my biggest concern all preseason. They kept Sam clean. If that stays true we're in for one hell of a season.
Nothing special, but also nothing bad. The less you hear about an O-lineman the better, I guess. The whole line could do a little better in the run game, but it looks like pass pro isn't a real issue (for the starters).

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Username said:

Yup. Barksdale was fine. And I said before the game, the interior OL is my concern. They don't get much push in the running game, but they did do better in pass pro last night.

Sam has yet to be sacked, so that's a step up from last year.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
max said:
Username said:

Yup. Barksdale was fine. And I said before the game, the interior OL is my concern. They don't get much push in the running game, but they did do better in pass pro last night.

Sam has yet to be sacked, so that's a step up from last year.

AND FWIW our backups have been running for their lives,raise your hand if you'd like to see Davis have some downs with the first team , Celmons ? meh he's gonna break the pocket no matter what

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Barksdale played well the problem is the Rams lack depth at OL and it's killing them trying to get plays done. Chris Williams showcased whey he's a Guard and not a tackle and nobody else faired much better. Brandon Washington also showcases why Philly gave up on him so quickly.

I really wish the Rams would bring back Wayne Hunter for depth because they currently do not have a fourth OT on the roster.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
den-the-coach said:
Barksdale played well the problem is the Rams lack depth at OL and it's killing them trying to get plays done. Chris Williams showcased whey he's a Guard and not a tackle and nobody else faired much better. Brandon Washington also showcases why Philly gave up on him so quickly.

I really wish the Rams would bring back Wayne Hunter for depth because they currently do not have a fourth OT on the roster.

Yeah; Washington, Nsekhe, Hooey,... not much there to be excited about.

I think the Rams pick up someone from the cuts or perhaps make a trade. I could see Pettis or Pead as bait... Before anyone freaks out I say this because those are the only positions we appear to have depth to trade out of.

V3

Hall of Fame
If there's ANY injury on this line, the Rams are in trouble, IMO. The starters are good enough in pass-pro but they aren't very good in run blocking. Many like to pile on Pead for his performance last night but many times Pead had NOWHERE to run- and this is coming from a person that isn't a Pead fan. The O-line is by far my biggest concern and if they can't get their act together and/or stay healthy, this offense isn't going to progress much.

V3

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
den-the-coach said:

I think the Rams pick up someone from the cuts or perhaps make a trade. I could see Pettis or Pead as bait... Before anyone freaks out I say this because those are the only positions we appear to have depth to trade out of.

I've been suggesting the Rams would trade for O-line help from their depth at RB or WR for a while now. Some people don't agree with me. I'm wondering if they were trying to showcase Pead last night for a trade? That may have backfired on them.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Username said:

Nothing special, but also nothing bad. The less you hear about an O-lineman the better, I guess. The whole line could do a little better in the run game, but it looks like pass pro isn't a real issue (for the starters).

Agreed. Like Max said the interior's push has been a little disappointing. I think a lot of the runs have been a little scripted, but that's no excuse to have people blasting through the backfield on run calls. I also think a lot of the Rams success running the ball this year will be off tackle when Kendricks comes back. Him and Harkey will do some damage.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
den-the-coach said:

Terrible. I watched Washington completely miss about 8 times last night. He needs to cut the dreads so he isn't so noticeable lol. They're all pretty worthless and hurting the 2nd/3rd/4th unit agreed.

fearsomefour

Legend
The only team I could see trading for Pettis right off the top is the Chargers. I dont think they would as they have some young WR on their roster even after their rash of injuries. But, who do they have that would help? Max Starks? No thanks. I think the best you would get for Pettis (nothing against him but he hasnt done enough to garner big interest imho) would be the kind of guy the Rams could pick up after cuts.

A55VA6

Legend
I think Barksdale has done a good job. I'm just fine with him coming in and protecting the right side. It's guys like Nsekhe that I can't watch.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:
Username said:

Nope, that appears to be the bright spot alright. Like you, I thought they'd be better in support of the running game, I wonder if it's because they've put early emphasis on pass pro? If so, it's time to switch. :ww:

Speeps

Starter
Barksdale looks really good. In fact, the pass protection for Sam was very impressive. If I'm correct, Sam has yet to be sacked all pre-season.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I mostly agree with everyone's assessment of the O-line play but I read some reports that talked about how the Packers played with 8 in the box quite a bit after Sam left. Kind of hard to run block successfully against that.