What Cardinals Fans Are Saying Before And After The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Johnny Hekker is my choice
Have always wanted him in Cardinals Red.
Too bad. All the Hekkers Are Belong to Us.

hekk.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joyner is slower than both Cody Davis and J. Johnson and Davis is one of the fastest players on the team.
Did you not see him run 25 yards for an INT. Now when it comes to tackling... Joyner > C. Davis.

Joyner is faster than Johnson, and he plays faster than Davis (because he has better instincts).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any of those fans who didn't choose Goff are morons. Their QB is ancient. Arians' coaching lifeblood is bleeding out with that QB depth chart.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A confident bunch.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AZCardinals/comments/77ibay/pick_the_winner_of_card_vs_rams_in_london_aeneas/

Pick the Winner of Card VS Rams in London

24-23 cards
---------
27-21 cards
---------
27-22 Cardinals
---------
24-17 Cards
---------
31-24 Cards
---------
Unfortunately I think the Rams take this one :(

27-17
--------
Cards Crush it

35-31
-------
Cards make this a blood bath

38 to 17 for the RED SEA GANG
-------
31-17 Cards
--------
13-7 Cards
--------
20-10 Cardinals
--------
28-22 Cards
-------
38 - 12 red birds
------
23 - 17 Cards
--------
34-24 cards take it
--------
I'll guess 34 - 17 Cards. I think AD vs their less than stellar run defense is going to allow us to really open up the playbook. Hopefully the o-line shows up again
-------
24-21 Cardinals
--------
31-27. Cards take it.
--------
34-21 cards win
---------
42-38 cards
--------
21-19 cards
--------
Cards 28 Rams 13
--------
Cards 38-20
--------
Cards win 17-14
-------
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...iction-scouting-report-london-game/781095001/

Arizona Cardinals and Los Angeles Rams: Prediction and scouting report for game in London
Kent Somers, azcentral sports

Cardinals on offense
Can serious problems on offense be solved in one week? Maybe we’ll find out on Sunday when the invigorated, confident Cardinals play the Rams at Twickenham Stadium. It’s still hard to believe the offense that scored 38 points against the Bucs last Sunday was the same one that struggled to reach 20 points in its first six games.

That’s how much things changed with the addition of running back Adrian Peterson and the return of tackle D.J. Humphries and guard Alex Boone from injuries. Is it realistic to expect 134 yards and two touchdowns from Peterson again? No. He can’t keep up that pace, especially at 32. But Peterson obviously gives the Cardinals a run threat, which allows them to be more diverse on offense. More important, his addition made others around him play better.

The offensive line blocked better. Tight ends Jermaine Gresham and Troy Niklas played their best games. Receivers were willing blockers. Carson Palmer had time to throw. The Rams’ defense has dropped off some from previous years, but it’s still learning the system of new coordinator Wade Phillips.

The front seven is formidable. Tackle Aaron Donald, the best defensive lineman in football, will challenge the Cardinals’ interior. Robert Quinn will rush off the edge, testing Humphries. Alec Ogletree and Mark Barron are fast, physical inside linebackers. Watching Phillips and the Cardinals’ Bruce Arians match wits should be fun.

Edge: Cardinals.

Cardinals on defense
For years, the Rams were clueless on how to function on offense. Coach Sean McVay has changed that and it’s hard to recognize the unit this year. Quarterback Jared Goff, who looked overmatched as a rookie, has eight touchdown passes and three interceptions. The eight touchdowns are not a huge number, but the Rams will take that TDs-to-interceptions ratio.

Todd Gurley spent the 2016 season looking for room to run, to no avail. That, too, has changed. He has 521 yards and four touchdowns. The Cardinals, as usual, will sell out to stop the run. They will try to put the Rams’ offense in Goff’s hands. Watch strong safety Tyvon Branch on Sunday. If the Cardinals’ defense is clicking, Branch will be making a bunch of tackles versus the run.

The Rams upgraded their offensive line in the offseason. Left tackle Andrew Whitworth has stabilized a group that was among the NFL’s worst for several seasons. Outside linebacker Chandler Jones, who has seven sacks this season, will test him. The Cardinals' defense has been streaky all season, playing well for two, three quarters only to put up little resistance during other parts of the game. That has to change or the Cardinals will fall out of contention in the NFC West quickly.

The Cardinals appear to have run out of patience with starting cornerback Justin Bethel, who is expected to be replaced in the starting lineup Sunday by Tramon Williams. Bethel is an exceptional athlete, but too often fails to find the ball. Williams, 34, was signed after training camp started and has played a minimal amount this season.

Edge: Rams.

Special teams
For years, the Rams have been strong in this area under assistant John Fassel. The Rams didn’t look as good in this area until last week. They scored two touchdowns on special teams against the Jaguars: a kickoff return by Pharoh Cooper and a return of a blocked punt. Those scores were the difference in a 27-17 victory.

The Cardinals' special teams played better last week after performing far below average in the first five weeks. Bethel should improve the coverage teams if he’s able to play more. Bethel might not start at cornerback, which will make him more available on special teams. They still aren’t getting much out of the return game, but at least Kerwynn Williams had better judgment last week about when not to return kicks out of the end zone.

Edge: Rams.

Bottom line
At 4-2, the Rams have been among the league’s more surprising teams this season. It’s no fluke. They have a direction on offense and should improve defensively as the season progresses. The trade for Adrian Peterson apparently was just what the Cardinals needed. I like how the Cardinals handled the trip to London: arriving early in the week rather than late, as the Rams did. I think it will pay off for them.

Prediction: Cardinals 24, Rams 21.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Confident bunch :)

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I honestly like the way the Rams have handled the trip. Monday was in the States and the team had some bonding experiences. Then it went back to work and business. It is a business trip. They are on their way now. Probably getting some sleep. Maybe some meetings. Get some rest through tomorrow. Walk through on Saturday. Then you have the game Sunday which will be played at 10 am 'home' time.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Joyner is slower than both Cody Davis and J. Johnson and Davis is one of the fastest players on the team.
Did you not see him run 25 yards for an INT. Now when it comes to tackling... Joyner > C. Davis.
I disagree. If we're talking about 40 times then yeah, C.Davis is a track star but Joyner has superior game speed. Recovery etc.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly like the way the Rams have handled the trip. Monday was in the States and the team had some bonding experiences. Then it went back to work and business. It is a business trip. They are on their way now. Probably getting some sleep. Maybe some meetings. Get some rest through tomorrow. Walk through on Saturday. Then you have the game Sunday which will be played at 10 am 'home' time.
https://www.thescore.com/news/1402243

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
This offense is a little bit of a touchdown check down offense. ”

- Cardinals’ DC James Bettcher

Them's fightin' words....though, really, I think he is right....he righted his quote a bit, but he meant that. For us to go 10-6, we have to hit the 12-30 yard passes.....the Jags game is not going to get us past 7-9 or 8-8. McVay knows this, and I expect to change through the Watkins-train! I don't expect the Rams to win this game, unless the big plays return. We have the better team, and maybe the better reoster. The big change is AZ's O line play...LG and LT look very good,now. Boone is better than Iupati as a pass blocker, too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree. If we're talking about 40 times then yeah, C.Davis is a track star but Joyner has superior game speed. Recovery etc.

Joyner's instincts and toughness are what set him apart. The instincts and ability to quickly see and react are what make up for his lack of speed. At safety Davis should have more range, but yeah probably more often than not Joyner is going to be in the better spot in spite of that speed differential.

What is interesting with Davis is that he's gotten a lot better the past year. He's really taken to this coaching staff IMO. Never going to be a great tackler/pursuit guy but his ball skills are pretty damn decent.

Stump23

Rookie
This is a true story. Fitz is a good guy but he gets away with a ton of crap away from the ball because he is such a good guy.
I went to the game in AZ in 2014. I think we picked off a ball and headed down the sideline and we got called for the exact same penalty. I think the play involved Ogletree???? Sound familiar?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The game has a 6:00pm London start time, I don't know if that start time will effect the game or not! Or if so, in what way!

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
The game has a 6:00pm London start time, I don't know if that start time will effect the game or not! Or if so, in what way!

With that start time in London it makes it a 10 am start game for our home turf. I'd think that would be better than 5:30 am start time. Which is typical of London games.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This offense is a little bit of a touchdown check down offense. ”

- Cardinals’ DC James Bettcher

Them's fightin' words....though, really, I think he is right....he righted his quote a bit, but he meant that. For us to go 10-6, we have to hit the 12-30 yard passes.....the Jags game is not going to get us past 7-9 or 8-8. McVay knows this, and I expect to change through the Watkins-train! I don't expect the Rams to win this game, unless the big plays return. We have the better team, and maybe the better reoster. The big change is AZ's O line play...LG and LT look very good,now. Boone is better than Iupati as a pass blocker, too.
I think he was saying the we go for the big plays first and check down last

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
With that start time in London it makes it a 10 am start game for our home turf. I'd think that would be better than 5:30 am start time. Which is typical of London games.

The Rams should benefit from the later arrival, their body clock is already adjusted to East coast time and wont have to adjust too much for the early start even though its an evening game local time.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Good to see @DVontel again. Definitely my favorite enemy fan. Your team scares me a lot more with AP. That trade irritated me greatly. Even though your collective backfield of CJ2k, AP and CP averages 65 years of age and are on Medicare, they worry me. Here's hoping for a good, close, 52-0 Rams win.