What Cardinals Fans Are Saying Before And After The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm drinking the koolaid. Having McVay as the HC is a different animal than anything we've seen the past 15 years.

Yeah, granted as we all know divisional games are nuts. But even though I admit this thing could really go almost any way, I am far more confident going into this one than I have been vs the Cards in a long time. Having the type of team we do this year has been a loooong time comin for us.

This Rams team is different too. They are tough mentally, resilient as hell, and have the ability to put points up quickly. Their defensive play the last few games as these guys have settled in with Wade is a real big deal too I think. Most Cards fans probably haven't watched our games, but when they do I think they're in for a shock.

Rams' only real loss, where they were clearly beaten, was home vs the Skins. I don't like to play what if, but the truth is this team is a dropped pass by KUPP in the endzone away from 5-1. This group is so far from previous Rams teams it might as well be a different team the Cards fans are discussing. They're in for a surprise I think, come Sunday, win or lose.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah, granted as we all know divisional games are nuts. But even though I admit this thing could really go almost any way, I am far more confident going into this one than I have been vs the Cards in a long time. Having the type of team we do this year has been a loooong time comin for us.

This Rams team is different too. They are tough mentally, resilient as hell, and have the ability to put points up quickly. Their defensive play the last few games as these guys have settled in with Wade is a real big deal too I think. Most Cards fans probably haven't watched our games, but when they do I think they're in for a shock.

Rams' only real loss, where they were clearly beaten, was home vs the Skins. I don't like to play what if, but the truth is this team is a dropped pass by KUPP in the endzone away from 5-1. This group is so far from previous Rams teams it might as well be a different team the Cards fans are discussing. They're in for a surprise I think, come Sunday, win or lose.
And, just to add my 2 cents, They have never seen the Rams make 2nd half adjustments like we do, weather we are ahead or behind! There goin' down!!

The only thing Arians thinks about at half time ...

Ariz..png

10633.gif

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Then doesn't it follow that maybe he's not really such a good guy ???
Funny, I seem to recall during the "Football Life" on Kurt Warner, that Larry came across during a game with Kurt as more concerned about his stats in the game than winning. Kurt ripped him a new one...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny, I seem to recall during the "Football Life" on Kurt Warner, that Larry came across during a game with Kurt as more concerned about his stats in the game than winning. Kurt ripped him a new one...

yeah, he was young and before kurt came along that's all cards players could aim for. kurt set him and the organisation straight. he was a blessing for that team.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Goff is going to have a big day. He'll have time and targets available against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. I am certain they are going to give up 30 plus to the Rams.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/the-defense-is-offensive.255448/

The defense is offensive.

The defense is 24th in yards and 29th is points. Not to mention all the big plays we give up. Dansby is a shell of himself. Badger is ok. He is not nearly as explosive as he once was. Even Buc hasn’t shown much.
----------
They miss Calais.
---------
Yeah the defense needs work. Dansby is old now and TM is a shell of what he once was

Golden wasn't getting sacks but he was getting pressures and he needed to be accounted for now he's gone.

The guys up front play well against the run but can't penetrate.
--------
I just don’t like our depth. We don’t have anyone making game changing plays right now. We are a middle of the pack type D. I don’t want my safety leading the team in tackles.
----------
This defense is very flawed at LB which makes the DL look worse than they are. Peters and Gunter have been reliable.
---------
Latest Calais Campbell vs Robert Nkemdiche stats for 2017.

Campbell
Games - 6
Total Tkls - 28
Solo Tkls - 18
Assists - 10
Sacks - 8
Pass Def. - 1

Nkemdiche
Games - 2
Total Tkls - 1
Solo Tkls - 0
Assists - 1
Sacks - 0
Pass Def. - 0
--------
Having Bettcher as your DC is like having some guy at halftime tying one arm behind the back of all the players to close the game out
---------
Bettcher sucks!
--------
CC was great but for those crying about not bringing him back you just need to look at his contract

4 years 60 million with 30 million guaranteed and a 6 million dollar signing bonus.

That's freaking insane money for a DL who's 30. The Jags have to overpay to get free agents. Sucks but glad he got paid
--------
He took the money and I don’t blame him but we would probably have stayed for similar money.
---------

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Not to take too much away from this fantastic thread, but can someone explain to me the logic of flying us in last second, other than keeping us from all the distractions? Honest question, I'm curious if McVay has revealed an explanation on his interesting approach.

I, for one, would think getting their early to get acclimated would be far more advantageous, but an honest explanation would fix me up.

Thanks
A couple of things here. One, I think the Rams can stay in Jacksonville with no hoopla surrounding them, still embedded in American culture, keeping things relatively normal. Two, staying on East coast time this week makes traveling to London more like a normal East coast swing for the team. There won't be a lot of time for sightseeing. This is a business trip and a little less time to try and be NFL ambassadors. I think this McVay trying to keep things as normal as possible for his young team by limiting the distractions and possible culture shocks. Smart guy this McVay!!!!!! Rams win big!!!!!

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Pssh....Still no respect. Hopefully the Cards come into this game as overly enthusiastic as these fans. I almost prefer every team thinking we're not ready to win... as we continue to rack up the wins against them

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CC was great but for those crying about not bringing him back you just need to look at his contract

4 years 60 million with 30 million guaranteed and a 6 million dollar signing bonus.

That's freaking insane money for a DL who's 30. The Jags have to overpay to get free agents. Sucks but glad he got paid

It's basically a 2 year deal with a $16.5M cap hit next year followed by $3M year three, and from what I just witnessed from Calais last game, I'd say he was a pretty shrewd signing for that defense. Cards definitely miss that dude no other way to spin that one without bein a homer lol.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AZCardinals/comments/7799zh/all_day_needs_to_shut_up_prime_time/

The thought of our potential definitely has me excited. If we can make it out of London with a win, I'll really start opening my mind up to the possibilities and getting fired up. As always, GO CARDS!
---------
I stay awake at night thinking of the possibilities. Definitely waiting on one more week to really get me excited, but I’m pumped.
---------
Lol im not gonna say anything yet... 2 weeks ago I thought our season was over. I need to see the defense and the O line more. Then I will get excited. But that RB duo has me fukin stoked.
--------

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AZCardinals/comments/771k0j/rams_fan_here_can_we_talk_about_the_upcoming_game/

I think it will come down to who traveled better because division games and London games are tricky and hard to predict (Unless the jaguars are playing). We will need to run the ball all over you guys and need to stop you guys from running the ball all over us.
---------
Y'all have the highest scoring offense in the NFL. We have to cut your average score in half to have a reasonable chance.

It comes down to Gurley and your #2 receiver vs Williams/Bethel.
--------
At least we don't have to worry your DC is going to cripple one of our stars.... Man I hope I didn't just jinx us. But your old DC.... Crickeys, took out everyone when we were on a win streak. Luckily that streak is one.
---------
Your D line is gonna eat our O line.
---------
They took NE down to missed field goals
--------
And won against.... The Bears and the Giants. They're about as much of an unknown as we are right now. Inconsistent with no "good" wins. Us beating them doesn't really tell us much about ourselves.
---------
I have no inkling of how were going to play considering the following factors 1) London 2) RAMS 3) Cardinals
--------
I feel like the Rams are spooky...

I saw your game against the Jags and your special teams were spooktacular. What was it 14 points off of special teams play? That's been our biggest weakness for the last few years and I think that's where the game will be won or lost.
-------
If I were the Rams, I would be fearful of the day that you’re traveling to London....
-------
Shit yea if we have a few days on them to get used to the time zone and everything that'd be a good advantage.
--------
They want to drink the water Bortles drinks before going to London.
--------
Essentially what will decide the game is whether our o line can stick on their blocks without getting flagged every other play, and what your #2 receiver can do against Bethel.
---------
The Ram's are getting dicked with a divisional 'home' game in London.
---------
They are getting dicked because one of their scheduled divisional home games isn’t at home. I can’t explain it in any clearer terms. Maybe a cost break down of home fans traveling aboard to see a game might help?
---------
The nfl is trying to expand their brand. Mexico and England are locations they are cultivating.

The teams are still getting paid. Fans are still watching on TV. The players are enjoying it.

I guess the only person pissed is you.
---------
I think it's going to be a hard game. but if Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley miss the flight, I'd feel a lot better about our chances.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think it's going to be a hard game. but if Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley miss the flight, I'd feel a lot better about our chances.
These two ^ will undoubtedly be major factors in the House-of-Cards Downfall! And Goff passing for 4 TD's!!(y);):D

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Are twilight/ night games the norm now in London ??

No, this is another test time. It does make sense though with both team being West Coast based. It should look pretty awesome under full floodlights as the sun is due to set at 1754 London time.

Dude , they arrive England Thursday afternoon - they play 3 days later.
Hardly last minute.

The team are actually on Thursday afternoon and landing some time on Friday.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Two, staying on East coast time this week makes traveling to London more like a normal East coast swing for the team.

Thankfully they have the bye after London they will need the time to get back into their own time zone.

It's basically a 2 year deal with a $16.5M cap hit next year followed by $3M year three, and from what I just witnessed from Calais last game, I'd say he was a pretty shrewd signing for that defense. Cards definitely miss that dude no other way to spin that one without bein a homer lol.

It was a fantastic signing, he has 8 sacks in 6 games. He's a good vet presence on a young team/defense and for that money I'd take him on the Rams today!!! You're right about the guy being a homer IMO..........he's probably pissed that CC is playing well somewhere else.

We will need to run the ball all over you guys and need to stop you guys from running the ball all over us.

It comes down to Gurley and your #2 receiver vs Williams/Bethel.

How many times have we seen a guy get cut or traded for nothing go to a new team and have a great game in his first outing and then fall back to Earth right away. Peterson's good game doesn't overshadow his last two dozen games where he was good only a few times. He's not the same and he is facing a run D that is clamping down.

The guy who said "your #2 reciever" hasn't been watching the Rams and doesn't know how many weapons will be on the field against a shaky defense which is ranked 28th in points allowed after facing three backup QB's. It's not Gurley and a #2 that defense is up against..........it's Watkins/Woods/Gurley/Kupp/Austin plus a couple of TE's that combined have racked up a decent amount of catches and yards. If he thinks after stopping Gurley and one other player that the Cardinals will win he's in for a learning experience Sunday. I bet he will be singing a different tune when 7-8 different players catch passes from Goff.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Larry Fitz was 10 Catches out of 14 Targets and a total of 105 yards in 2016. We split games. Hopefully he's covered by Trumaine Johnson.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2...layer-would-you-want-on-the-arizona-cardinals

Which Los Angeles Rams player would you want on the Arizona Cardinals?
Who would you want with the Arizona Cardinals?
by Seth Cox

usa_today_9783941.0.jpg

Kelvin Kuo-USA TODAY Sports

Offense:

Jared Goff - Would you want Goff waiting in the wings? While he is still finding his way in the NFL, the difference from 2016 to 2017 is stark. Would you trust Bruce Arians with Goff?

Todd Gurley III - The Arizona Cardinals have David Johnson and now Adrian Peterson, but would you be interested in Gurley? I doubt it, but he has been very good this year.

Sammy Watkins/Cooper Kupp/Tavon Austin - Would any of their weapons at wide receiver interest you?

Andrew Whitworth - I think this would have been the pick if we asked this question a week ago. Although, as good as D.J. Humphries has looked, Whitworth is one of the best in the league.

Tyler Higbee/Gerald Everett - Would one of the two young tight ends interest you?

Defense:

Robert Quinn - With the injury to Markus Golden, would the Rams elite edge rusher be of some use? I would think so.

Trumaine Johnson - The Cardinals have struggled to find a young, talented cornerback opposite Patrick Peterson... Johnson would fill that need in a heart beat.

The only answer:

Aaron Donald - Donald is the only answer, at least to me, to this question. He is only 26, he is one of the most ferocious defensive players in the last five seasons and he plays a position of need for the Arizona Cardinals, as an interior penetrator and pass rusher. He is the best interior player in the league outside of a healthy J.J. Watt. Donald would solve a lot of the Cardinals issues on defense.

What Rams player would you want?
  • 8%
    Goff
    (27 votes)

• 1%
    Gurley
    (4 votes)

• 2%
    Watkins
    (6 votes)

• 1%
    Kupp
    (3 votes)

• 1%
    Austin
    (2 votes)

• 1%
    Whitworth
    (4 votes)

• 0%
    Higbee
    (1 vote)

• 0%
    Everett
    (0 votes)

• 3%
    Quinn
    (9 votes)

• 4%
    Johnson
    (13 votes)

• 79%
    Donald
    (255 votes)
324 votes total
---------
I miss having a dominant defensive tackle.
Donald would be the choice.
---------
I like Quinn
But hard to pass on Donald.
---------
Goff!
Donald is amazing but its all about the QB baby!
---------
Aaron Donald is my choice, but I believe
Johnny Hekker, the best punter in the NFL should be mentioned as one of the Rams best players.
---------
You forgot to mention
The old fart vs. the young whipper snapper. I know its players but I think this is an interesting match up of coaches. Will experience beat out young ignorance ?
---------
I really think McVay is a great coach
It kills me to say it, but I think the Rams are starting something real. They could end up being the new powerhouse in the West.
---------
Tru would be such a nice upgrade over Bethel.
But you gotta go with Donald.
---------
I will pick Goff
--------
Gotta be Donald. He makes the whole D better.
---------
Donald without a doubt.
There’s a lot that can be done with a defense that can get pressure up the middle.
---------
Johnny Hekker is my choice
Have always wanted him in Cardinals Red.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
-

-It would be nice to get Joyner back this week at deep safety because the Cards still have good speed at WR in their 4 wide stuff. Too much speed for Cody Davis and J.Johnson.

Joyner is slower than both Cody Davis and J. Johnson and Davis is one of the fastest players on the team.
Did you not see him run 25 yards for an INT. Now when it comes to tackling... Joyner > C. Davis.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Johnny Hekker is my choice
Have always wanted him in Cardinals Red.
Donald is an obvious answer... but Hekker flips field position. Not sure how yu can qualtifyu the importance of that... but we, as Rams fans, know how valuable it is.

And Zuerline? He won that Dallas game!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/What-Theyre-Saying-The-Arizona-Cardinals/bde5b114-e2e1-4de8-970a-de165bd34975

What They're Saying: The Arizona Cardinals
Kristen Lago

On how he would describe Jared Goff this season/what has changed on the Rams’ offense:

“Confident. This scheme, I believe it fits him as a quarterback. It gives him a lot of opportunities to take his shots because he has a very big arm now. They’re giving a little bit of easier reads for him — in the play action and a little bit of the pop passes, one side progression reads for him — and they’re definitely doing what he can do best.

With that running game that they have now too, they are much more balanced. He has a lot of weapons around him, his offensive line is better, adding Sammy Watkins to the receiving core, Cooper Kupp is playing well so far...So he has a lot of talent around him and now that he is able to get protected, he’s able to get the balls in their hands.”

- Cardinals' CB Patrick Peterson

On how much this game means to both teams:

“We’re here to work. It’s a huge game for us and it’s a huge game for the Rams being a division game, so there’s not a whole lot of time to get out and about.”

- Cardinals’ QB Carson Palmer

“Obviously we’re very excited about being here and know how much this game has grown. It’s a very big game, a division game and it’s the first time that we’ve faced the Rams this year and they are playing extremely well. Got here safe and sound and we’re looking forward to this week.”

- Cardinals’ HC Bruce Arians

On the challenges that the Rams present on defense:

“Most of the time they’re playing base defense be it first down, second down, sometimes even in third down. For him [Wade Phillips] he’s trying to rush five most of the time, sometimes four, but for him it’s the 3-4 defense.

He’s bringing those two outside backers and even the two inside backers are pretty good at rushing the passer too. So it’s a big challenge. Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn, Michael Brockers, we’ve got a hell of a task in front of us.”

- Cardinals’ OC Harold Goodwin

“All around this is a good football team, especially on defense. Offensively, I think they’ve changed a little bit but on the defense, it’s the same guys. They are ferocious, they get after you, they play hard for 60 minutes. So, we’re expecting that on Sunday.”

- Cardinals’ WR Larry Fitzgerald

On what he has seen from the Rams offense this season:

“With this offense I think overall, you have some big play receivers on the outside, you have a quarterback that has really spread the ball around, with Todd Gurley in particular you have a guy that’s caught some balls in the backfield. This offense is a little bit of a touchdown check down offense. They are going to try to hurt you deep, hit you vertical early in the game and if it’s not there, he’s doing a great job of checking the ball down.”

“I think they look very different, I think they do some of the same things, but they are very sharp, very clear with where he wants to go with the ball.”

- Cardinals’ DC James Bettcher