What Cardinals Fans Are Saying Before And After The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/cardinals-at-rams-london-preview.255430/

Cardinals at Rams (London) Preview

Kupp has 19 catches in 6 games. Hardly a “go to” guy. They have bigger challenges than containing Kupp.
--------
The obvious mismatch is special teams. The rams have among the best ST units in the NFL, we're among the worst. They have been having trouble on punt returns this year, too many dropped punts, but they're good at everything else.
----------
I think the cards have a chance - but really it is all about how the offensive line plays.

If we can make Goff be the one to beat us, and I think we can as we have been pretty good against the run all year, I think we can win.

However, with the game in london, knowing the teams issues with showing up for early road games, it would not surprise me to see them show up like they did in Philly either, and dig too deep a hole to get out of.

So I see the game going one of two ways, a close game with the Cards winning, or the cards getting blown out embarrassingly.
---------
header-8.jpg

---------
We have a BIG advantage at the most important position.
----------
Nose tackle?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's interesting to me is that Arizona was beating the tar out of Tampa Bay last week in the first half, but the second half rolls around and Tampa Bay outscores them 33-14 with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB.

Arizona has been a majorly inconsistent team this year. That could bode well for us. If we can jump on them early, we might be able to put the game away before they get their shit together.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we can make Goff be the one to beat us, and I think we can as we have been pretty good against the run all year, I think we can win.

I've got some bad news for you, Cardinals fan. Your defense gave up 292 yards and 4 TDs to Matt Stafford, 304 yards and 4 TDs to Carson Wentz, and 290 yards and 3 TDs to Ryan Fitzpatrick, but you think you're going to beat us because you are going to make Goff throw it?

Oh honey.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Not to take too much away from this fantastic thread, but can someone explain to me the logic of flying us in last second, other than keeping us from all the distractions? Honest question, I'm curious if McVay has revealed an explanation on his interesting approach.

I, for one, would think getting their early to get acclimated would be far more advantageous, but an honest explanation would fix me up.

Thanks

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to take too much away from this fantastic thread, but can someone explain to me the logic of flying us in last second, other than keeping us from all the distractions? Honest question, I'm curious if McVay has revealed an explanation on his interesting approach.

I, for one, would think getting their early to get acclimated would be far more advantageous, but an honest explanation would fix me up.

Thanks

I expect trying to avoid distractions is exactly it.

DVontel

Rookie
What's interesting to me is that Arizona was beating the tar out of Tampa Bay last week in the first half, but the second half rolls around and Tampa Bay outscores them 33-14 with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB.

Arizona has been a majorly inconsistent team this year. That could bode well for us. If we can jump on them early, we might be able to put the game away before they get their crap together.
To be fair, Peterson(CB) went out with a quad injury & then everything went to hell after. He should be good to go for this game, though.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Thanks

Dude , they arrive England Thursday afternoon - they play 3 days later.
Hardly last minute.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair, Peterson(CB) went out with a quad injury & then everything went to hell after. He should be good to go for this game, though.

I think blaming the Peterson injury is a bit of an oversimplification. Y'all have had similar issues in multiple other games.

DVontel

Rookie
I think blaming the Peterson injury is a bit of an oversimplification. Y'all have had similar issues in multiple other games.
It’s not when Evans was held to 0 yards when Peterson was in to 95 yards & a TD(1 of his other receptions basically led to another TB TD) once Peterson was out. Also, one other score was due to a Fitz fumble led to a Vonte David scoop & score.

The Lions game is pretty much the only game where D fell off a cliff in the 2nd half, & I blame that on the offense not being stuck in reverse that day.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Thanks
I know that McVay said something about liking how the Redskins travel was handled last season under Gruden. A 27-27 OT tie with the Bengals.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s not when Evans was held to 0 yards when Peterson was in to 95 yards & a TD(1 of his other receptions basically led to another TB TD) once Peterson was out. Also, one other score was due to a Fitz fumble led to a Vonte David scoop & score.

The Lions game is pretty much the only game where D fell off a cliff in the 2nd half, & I blame that on the offense not being stuck in reverse that day.

Your offense turned the ball over twice and was far less effective in the second half. And Patrick Peterson is one player. The Cowboys outscored you 14 to 3 in the 4th after entering the quarter tied. The Lions outscored you 26 to 6 after you took a 17-9 lead with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd. The Eagles outscored you 21 to 0 in the first quarter of that game. The Colts were up 13 to 3 in the 4th against your team.

Your team has been streaky in every game this year except the 49ers game. The Bucs game was nothing new.

DVontel

Rookie
Your offense turned the ball over twice and was far less effective in the second half. And Patrick Peterson is one player. The Cowboys outscored you 14 to 3 in the 4th after entering the quarter tied. The Lions outscored you 26 to 6 after you took a 17-9 lead with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd. The Eagles outscored you 21 to 0 in the first quarter of that game. The Colts were up 13 to 3 in the 4th against your team.

Your team has been streaky in every game this year except the 49ers game. The Bucs game was nothing new.
I’m just telling you what was the reason for the comeback in the TB game, man. It’s a division game so I really won’t be shocked at the result either way, regardless if one team looks more consistent than the other.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m just telling you what was the reason for the comeback in the TB game, man. It’s a division game so I really won’t be shocked at the result either way, regardless if one team looks more consistent than the other.

And I'm not buying your reason because your team has done it almost every game. It would have been more difficult for TB to make such a furious comeback with PP, but your team still managed to play like doodoo in multiple other games with him in there.

DVontel

Rookie
And I'm not buying your reason because your team has done it almost every game. It would have been more difficult for TB to make such a furious comeback with PP, but your team still managed to play like doodoo in multiple other games with him in there.
That’s what I just stated. You don’t have to buy it. All the more power to you.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
-Rams will try to establish the run, the Cards will try also. I think both teams can run on each other...but which HC will get impatient first if it isn't working? Or if they get behind by 10 points early? I gotta go with Arians there.

-Rams have a big advantage in pass protection. IMO that will be huge all day because both teams want chunk yardage.

-Defending AP will be much easier than trying to defend DJ but i am concerned with those outside runs we can't seem to defend. And the inside runs, and the....nevermind.

-Both teams have struggled with turnovers. Palmer will sail passes but the Rams will put it on the ground.

-I like PP on Watkins because i don't think Bethel, Branch, Mathieu can hang with Woods, Kupp all day. Rams would be smart to get Everett, Higbee involved this week. Brutal mismatch for AZ.

-I worry about Fitz in the red zone and also 3rd and whatever.

-It would be nice to get Joyner back this week at deep safety because the Cards still have good speed at WR in their 4 wide stuff. Too much speed for Cody Davis and J.Johnson.

-You've gotta love our special teams matchup this week. :)

-I look at it this way. Pretty good matchup offensively and defensively. If both teams stuff the run and the offenses go full on sling it mode in the 2nd half....advantage Rams. Slightly better pass rush and much better pass pro.

-And for fucks sake (McVay and any other teams' playcaller who's interested)....if it's 3rd and long the Cardinals are bringing the farm. LB's, Safeties, the water boy. EVERY TIME!
:deadhorse:
No one is ever ready for it i swear to Geezus.

STLRam

UDFA
Well, I said before the Jax game that I refused to believe that McVay would allow this team to lose to a team led by Blake Bortles and I was right.

I refuse to believe that McVay will allow this team to lose to the Cardinals, whose only wins are against 3 of the worst teams in the league by a combined 12 points.

I'm drinking the koolaid. Having McVay as the HC is a different animal than anything we've seen the past 15 years.

DVontel

Rookie
-Rams will try to establish the run, the Cards will try also. I think both teams can run on each other...but which HC will get impatient first if it isn't working? Or if they get behind by 10 points early? I gotta go with Arians there.

-Rams have a big advantage in pass protection. IMO that will be huge all day because both teams want chunk yardage.

-Defending AP will be much easier than trying to defend DJ but i am concerned with those outside runs we can't seem to defend. And the inside runs, and the....nevermind.

-Both teams have struggled with turnovers. Palmer will sail passes but the Rams will put it on the ground.

-I like PP on Watkins because i don't think Bethel, Branch, Mathieu can hang with Woods, Kupp all day. Rams would be smart to get Everett, Higbee involved this week. Brutal mismatch for AZ.

-I worry about Fitz in the red zone and also 3rd and whatever.

-It would be nice to get Joyner back this week at deep safety because the Cards still have good speed at WR in their 4 wide stuff. Too much speed for Cody Davis and J.Johnson.

-You've gotta love our special teams matchup this week. :)

-I look at it this way. Pretty good matchup offensively and defensively. If both teams stuff the run and the offenses go full on sling it mode in the 2nd half....advantage Rams. Slightly better pass rush and much better pass pro.

-And for fucks sake (McVay and any other teams' playcaller who's interested)....if it's 3rd and long the Cardinals are bringing the farm. LB's, Safeties, the water boy. EVERY TIME!
:deadhorse:
No one is ever ready for it i swear to Geezus.
Nice analysis, Mojo!