What can we realistically expect from the St. Louis Rams in 2014?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think the best you can really say is to be in every game with a chance to win. You can't really predict blowouts, and as long as we aren't on the receiving end of these blowouts and are within a touchdown in the 4th of any given game, I'm confident that Sam will give us a chance to win..he's shown that ability before.

If we remain in games or are leading going into the 4th Q, 10-11 wins is a real possibility.
Speaking of blowouts, nice avatar, lolz.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I expect us to go 4-2 in the division splitting games with Seattle and San Fran sweeping Az.
Outside the toughest division in football I think we win at least the same % as we do within so 6-7 wins
IOW I expect 10 or 11 wins,as long as all our key players enjoy good health IOW no key player misses more than one to two games apiece.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
19-0.... and at this point in time, there is absolutely no way you can prove me wrong.

GO RAMS!!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the Rams have a top 5 scoring defense, they are going to win a lot of games and make the playoffs. That is the bottom line, IMO.

I see a top running game, and top 5 scoring defense that everybody fears. Rams will rise to at least 10 wins if those things happen.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boy, I sure hope it's not another .500 or worse season!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I expect opposing QB's to see that the Rams are next on their schedule and say "Oh no, oh crap!"

8zpq4k.jpg

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
We can expect them to be better than they were last season. Now, how one measures that is arbitrary. But I think when things are said and done, it will be obvious - one way or another.
great assessment. but u and I both know there are lots of people who will scream for Bradford's or Snisher's head if they don't have a winning record or make the playoffs. Good thin Stan has a level head.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
great assessment. but u and I both know there are lots of people who will scream for Bradford's or Snisher's head if they don't have a winning record or make the playoffs. Good thin Stan has a level head.
There will be people screaming for Bradford and/or Snisher's head if they go 19-0.

I find it best to ignore such people.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Vikings W, @Bucs W, Cowboys W, BYE, @Eagles L, 9ers W, Seahawks W, @Chiefs W, @9ers L, @Cards W, Broncos W, @Chargers L, Raiders W, @Redskins W, Cards W, Giants W, @Seahawks L

Pretty optimistic but who else do we lose to Chiefs on the road? Redskins on the road? Bucs on the road? Maybe 1 or 2 of those but I think we would have to be awfully disappointed to drop below 10 wins.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Boy, I sure hope it's not another .500 or worse season!
Don't you worry your Rmfnlt head about it. It's better than .500 this year and you can take that to the bank. (y)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's called being an arrogant homer, aka niners fan. Lol. But really, I think it's important to not say "oh we're gonna win the superbowl this year" every single year. Yeah you can say it jokingly to exude confidence, but any more than that makes a bad impression in my opinion. Of course, if you truly believe that then that is fine. I don't think anyone else would see that this year though haha. No one like obnoxious fans.

On topic, like I said, I think 10-11 is a decent possibility taking into account factors from last year, but 12 might be pushing it. I'd be glad to be proven wrong though. :sneaky:
I beg to differ. Arrogant homer? Niners fan? Fans are supposed to be fanatics. I go into virtually every season (going on 47 of them) thinking the Rams can win it all. I couldn't give a plug nickel if other teams' fans view me as a homer - so "bad impression"? Really? First of all, I don't follow your logic as to how that makes any kind of bad impression. Second, I don't really see why, as fans, any other fan should care. There's a big difference in my book between a homer and an obnoxious fan.

Personally, fans who feel everyone has to be "realistic" tend to bore me. If they want to try to overanalyze and demonstrate how realistic their opinion is on the upcoming season, that's fine. I'd rather be around fans that are geeked up with the outlook that the Rams are going to win and heartbroken if we lose.

19-0? I'm good with that. Winning it all is my baseline though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I beg to differ. Arrogant homer? Niners fan? Fans are supposed to be fanatics. I go into virtually every season (going on 47 of them) thinking the Rams can win it all. I couldn't give a plug nickel if other teams' fans view me as a homer - so "bad impression"? Really? First of all, I don't follow your logic as to how that makes any kind of bad impression. Second, I don't really see why, as fans, any other fan should care. There's a big difference in my book between a homer and an obnoxious fan.

Personally, fans who feel everyone has to be "realistic" tend to bore me. If they want to try to overanalyze and demonstrate how realistic their opinion is on the upcoming season, that's fine. I'd rather be around fans that are geeked up with the outlook that the Rams are going to win and heartbroken if we lose.

Yeah man.

I'm with you

19-0 looks pretty doable right now

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle

To each their own. I'd rather have realistic football talk. There's a difference between optimism and realism. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but what's the point in saying we're going to win every single game every single year? We wouldn't be here debating anything, this thread wouldn't exist, etc.

I'll admit I'm wrong on being a homer = being obnoxious. You can still be realistic and be a homer. I've just experienced my share of d*ckhead fans who have no respect for other teams and I can't stand those people so I guess I'm jaded. I suppose we're all homers to some extent; after all, we're all Rams fans. All I'm trying to say is that there's more to debate when we're all realistic.

Also, I hope that we win the super bowl every year, but I don't go around preaching that to everyone. On the other hand, I always want to hear our players exude that kind of confidence. That's just common sense on their end and it's almost expected to hear from our end. But players are in a different position than us fans. If they don't support the team in every way then they will be looked down upon. It's like asking a potential draft prospect if they think they're the best at their position in the draft. Who's honestly going to say "Well I really think this guy is better than me, you should probably draft him instead." Lol.

Last edited:

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
12-4 Division Champs... write it down

I'll take it. Let's hope it comes down to us beating Seattle at their place in week 17. Now that'll be exciting. If we do that, we would get some respect. That's for damn sure.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To each their own. I'd rather have realistic football talk. There's a difference between optimism and realism. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but what's the point in saying we're going to win every single game every single year? We wouldn't be here debating anything, this thread wouldn't exist, etc.
There are times and places for realism AND optimism though. There's nothing wrong with predicting an undefeated season knowing full well it's almost mathematically impossible. Everyone knows that. It's just a way of showing your stripes is all. I predicted 19-0 in 1998 and 1999. I was pretty close once and way the hell off another. So what? The key is determining when someone is just being optimistic for the sake of being optimistic. Which, I mean, c'mon. It's not that hard to determine.

Realism is fine when discussing probabilities and trends, but this board has always had a strong core base of eternal optimists. It's what set us apart from all the other boards that just wanted to bag on players and coaches for the purpose of "keeping it real." Look around. More people are tired of that bullshit than they are of people who have a real bright outlook on things. Me, personally, I'd rather be wrong every year than right about how shitty my favorite team is when all is said and done. And when I'm right, all the people who bagged on them during the process can go screw. I didn't like their outlook when they were kicking the bandwagon, and I sure as hell don't accept their renewed outlook when they're trying to climb back in.

That's just me though (maybe).