What can I say?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
"Very limited....see Rams43 comment...but my question here is, "maybe"...oh, you're not sure yet?:giveup: What other evidence do you need?"

Like I said, I don't pretend to be as smart as the coaches. And are there other circumstances that would keep us from making the switch? (refer back to that first line of this comment if you aren't sure.....). Hopefully you aren't taking exception to the way I worded things. You say "maybe" as to give people other choices they might embrace on their own accord, instead of saying something overbearing like......"Oh you not sure yet?".
Now, that we've cleared that up......do we have problems....yes....... Is whining about it in a fan site going to change those problems.....? No. Small steps will make things work much better than drastic knee-jerk reaction that would take the team plummeting over a cliff somewhere ending up under .500. Fisher, for all of his faults, builds a team to hit their peak later in the season. so I think there's still a ways to go on this ride. But then again......refer back to my first sentence.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would like the answer to this one too.
maybe its because the QB who seems to like throwing to the TE's is still on the bench. bonus help: he played in the pac 12, not for beavers, but for da bears. is Higbee injured or something ?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not going to second guess coaches. While I have a good understanding of offensive strategies and such, they are no where near the level the coaching staff has. But to hear another team make the statement, "they knew we were not going to test them deep", even though we have had several longer passing plays this year. That's an area of concern. Maybe our current QB does have limitations he can't get past. Maybe our heir apparent doesn't have those limitations, but there are other concerns that only seeing the field will tell us.

Detroit on the road isn't a good place to be stick a rook into. And London wouldn't be ideal either. But Carolina @ home after the bye looks very interesting. Especially since they just got torched deep by Atlanta last week and their run defense is extremely solid up front. It may be time for a move. But there are many things to consider that we as fans don't have all the pieces to. Just my 2 cents.

I really think we need to stop looking for a good game to plug the rookie in. Nobody asked whether Week 1 was a good game to plug in Dak or Wentz. They just did it. And those guys handled it fine. Goff is a big boy. Let's get him on the field and let him go for it.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
It's close enough to the end of my self imposed 24 hour rule, anyway.

Why should we be surprised by this loss?
We are a flawed team on O.
Starts at the top with the HC. A classic 7-8 winning season master of PR and NFL politics.

I don't expect much more than 7 wins from this team, now. Not with Fisher as HC and Keenum as QB. And let's face it. Fisher and his flaws and tendencies will remain with us through the rest of this season.

Right now I've gotta say that I face the remaining 11 games with a feeling of sadness and resignation. To think what might have been...

Well @Rams43, Your flawed offense comment has a trending reality to it and your expectations of 7 wins will seem very likely to happen if the Rams lose to the Lions next Sunday. History says Fisher's 2016 Rams better not fall to 3-3 or 7-9 is highly likely...

Last edited:

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I really think we need to stop looking for a good game to plug the rookie in. Nobody asked whether Week 1 was a good game to plug in Dak or Wentz. They just did it. And those guys handled it fine. Goff is a big boy. Let's get him on the field and let him go for it.
I understand what you are saying.........but both were @home to start the season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand what you are saying.........but both were @home to start the season.

Even if they weren't, they would have played. It's the NFL. Hell, our toughest game of the year offensively came against our worst opponent (SF). We need to stop coming up with excuses why not to play Goff. He was the #1 overall pick. He's a talented kid. He can handle it.

And I'm not trying to jump on you here, Bome. This is more of a broad statement. Because I felt the same way before Buffalo. But it's time. We need to get him in there. We still have a fighting chance this year.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Nice OP.

I'm shocked at the lack of TE involvement, I thought with Boras' background this could turn into a strength.

Surprised that our o-line seems to be stagnating, if not taking a step back in its development.

What's up with our running plays and the development of Gurley as our team talisman.

I also don't understand why we don't seem to target 'hot' WRs more than a couple of times. E.g. We've seen Quick have great hands and nice catches this year but he doesn't seem to get more than 2 or 3 targets a game? What's all that about??

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not going to second guess coaches. While I have a good understanding of offensive strategies and such, they are no where near the level the coaching staff has. But to hear another team make the statement, "they knew we were not going to test them deep", even though we have had several longer passing plays this year. That's an area of concern. Maybe our current QB does have limitations he can't get past. Maybe our heir apparent doesn't have those limitations, but there are other concerns that only seeing the field will tell us.

Detroit on the road isn't a good place to be stick a rook into. And London wouldn't be ideal either. But Carolina @ home after the bye looks very interesting. Especially since they just got torched deep by Atlanta last week and their run defense is extremely solid up front. It may be time for a move. But there are many things to consider that we as fans don't have all the pieces to. Just my 2 cents.

IDK, maybe London would be a good spot. No pressure playing on the road in a hostile environment and no pressure playing in front of a packed coliseum.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
IDK, maybe London would be a good spot. No pressure playing on the road in a hostile environment and no pressure playing in front of a packed coliseum.
My only thought about London is, after the last few years, does anyone know what the condition of the field is in, in advance.....?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My only thought about London is, after the last few years, does anyone know what the condition of the field is in, in advance.....?
i think the field will be in pretty good nick ... its the home stadium of the England rugby team and there aren't a lot of games played on there throughout the year and it always holds up when the boys do play there

edit was a game there on the 8th of october and nothing untill we play there

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
i think the field will be in pretty good nick ... its the home stadium of the England rugby team and there aren't a lot of games played on there throughout the year and it always holds up when the boys do play there

edit was a game there on the 8th of october and nothing untill we play there

The field at Twickenham is now a hybrid grass system, the state-of-the-art Desso GrassMaster - it's the same surface as what the Broncos and the Packers play on. The field condition shouldn't be an issue really.

I'm just concerned with our history of playing over here and the potential injuries that we have - if we play with a decimated D-line again AND we have issues at CB with Tru's ankle I'm not holding out much hopes...

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The field at Twickenham is now a hybrid grass system, the state-of-the-art Desso GrassMaster - it's the same surface as what the Broncos and the Packers play on. The field condition shouldn't be an issue really.

I'm just concerned with our history of playing over here and the potential injuries that we have - if we play with a decimated D-line again AND we have issues at CB with Tru's ankle I'm not holding out much hopes...
man as an old school rugby kinda guy this is an abomination ......rugby should be played on grass and mud and shit

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if they weren't, they would have played. It's the NFL. Hell, our toughest game of the year offensively came against our worst opponent (SF). We need to stop coming up with excuses why not to play Goff. He was the #1 overall pick. He's a talented kid. He can handle it.

And I'm not trying to jump on you here, Bome. This is more of a broad statement. Because I felt the same way before Buffalo. But it's time. We need to get him in there. We still have a fighting chance this year.
The next 6 games are against teams with underperforming defense, and IMO are all winnable games.
Now would be a perfect time

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
man as an old school rugby kinda guy this is an abomination ......rugby should be played on grass and mud and crap

lol - I'm cut from the same cloth, my eldest has their games called off it's too wet to play and the field is muddy - and he comes home from training with tiny bits of rubber in his kit - what's that all about??!!???

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol - I'm cut from the same cloth, my eldest has their games called off it's too wet to play and the field is muddy - and he comes home from training with tiny bits of rubber in his kit - what's that all about??!!???

When I used to play we always got lumbered with pitch 7 also known as the cabbage patch .... Thing was like a freaking swamp ... I'm still washing mud and crap out 20 Years later