What Browns Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
They just said on NFL AM that the Browns have announced Brian Hoyer will start week 1.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They just said on NFL AM that the Browns have announced Brian Hoyer will start week 1.

QOKU2BU.jpg

(I'm gonna get a ton of mileage out of this Johnny Moneyball picture lol)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
He better hope he can play NFL football, because that preseason money sign he does is going to get a lot of attention if he has to get a real job. "Hey bust, I got your money right here!"

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't been slacking off on this thread but Browns fans have said next to nothing about their upcoming game vs. the Rams(this covers 5 different Browns boards). Most of the talk has been about Johnny Manziel's middle finger episode and their opener vs. the Steelers. Here's a little bit from today...
---------------------------
***Official Browns Vs. Rams Preseason Game Night Thread***
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30010
---------------------------
I'll be making a fine dinner, breaking out the blue label and making mental notes of the highlights/lowlights. Rams have an improved Oline, I'll be interested to see how the defense response to that and the quick passing game.
--------------------------
I'll be at the game. Not really looking forward to the 100,000 + people in downtown though. With the Indians playing @ 7pm and the Arena Bowl @ 8pm, downtown is going to be a zoo.

I always take the train so I guess I will have to head down around 6pm. Maybe stop at a bar on west 6th for a couple pregame beers
-----------------------
Anyway....Hoping the offense will get it's legs tonight.....thinking they will show improvement, even with the short week....

A lot of OL talk this week and the RAMS D line is about as good as they come.....so lets see if our guys are beginning to gel, by giving me some positive rushing yards, without a bunch of sacks.
--------------------
That had slipped my mind. For some reason, it isn't just me - this Rams Dline doesn't get the credit they deserve. It's a nasty, throw back kind of bunch that I enjoy watching.

If Aaron Donald is anything like what he's been in camp and during the pre-season then the Rams have the best Dline in football top to bottom.

I want our Oline blow them off the ball rushing or at least draw even. As for pass protection, I have every confidence in the left side locking down Quinn and Donald. As for Brockers and Long, that's a different story.
---------------------
Yep....they are truly bad ass. I think they're the best in the league, actually. So, it'll be a great test for our line and for Hoyer.....

Conversely, their DB's aren't the same level, so hopefully BH can get the ball out quickly and beat that rush for some long gains.........

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Meh... They were taunting him. He does need to mature (obviously) though. If someone can get under your skin that easy your going to have trouble surviving big leagues.

I will still go on record saying that if he is developed correctly, he can turn into a player worthy of a first round selection. I still also believe he has leadership qualities. There are different types of leaders in this league. He definitely falls under the vocal, wear my heart on my sleeve category.

DLux27

Rookie
I know I may be the minority here, but I like Manziel and I hope he succeeds in the NFL. I just think ESPN needs to get off his dick for a minute.

I guess I can relate to Manziel because we're about the same age and I get his point of view and I get why he does what he does. But I do think he could be a little more mature on the field. The middle finger against the Redskins shows his immaturity. He's gotta stay focused out there and eliminate those distractions instead of create them. It's something he'll continue to learn and fix over time.

In my opinion, he's not quite ready to be a starter in the NFL and I think he should at least sit for a few weeks. Hoyer hasn't really looked all that great this preseason either so if I was Coach Pettine, I would name a starter after the game against our Rams. If neither of them stand out, start Hoyer week 1. Their early season schedule is tough with teams like the Steelers, Saints, and Ravens so I would let Hoyer, who has some experience, at least start the season and if he plays poorly, prepare Manziel during the bye week (week 4) and throw him in there week 5 against the Titans and ride him through the season.
I like Manziel. The dude straight balled out the last 2 years. Granted that is college and this is the nfl but he hasn't played 1 regular season game yet. I think he is going to be good not elite but good and electric. I could be wrong but let's wait and see.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The poster who said Manziel let the redskins get in his head was spot on. Players do a lot of trash talking in football. Once you let them get in your head they won. Once you allow it to become personal they won. There's a way to trash talk and a time to trash talk. You make a play you can trash talk. You're winning the game you can trash talk. You don't make a play, shut up and wait till you do. You're losing the game shut up and wait till next week.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A lot of OL talk this week and the RAMS D line is about as good as they come.....so lets see if our guys are beginning to gel, by giving me some positive rushing yards, without a bunch of sacks.
Even Johnny Manziel is posting there - eh?

Ramatik

Starter
a badass steps to the bench and knocks someone out. A bitch flies the bird. Your hero sucks as an NFL QB and he's a punk bitch. Neither surprise many of us. On a side note anyone notice there is not much posting tonight from members with "tex" I'm their name?? Lol

That was my favorite quote.

I think he's an over-hyped bitch waiting to be slapped.

And no, I don't like any other quarterbacks.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
He better hope he can play NFL football, because that preseason money sign he does is going to get a lot of attention if he has to get a real job. "Hey bust, I got your money right here!"
He'll always be able to broadcast A&M football

Memphis Ram

Legend
If you want to read some some great comedy, visit one of those Browns Scout.com forums whenever things go poorly for the Browns. Some of the stuff posted there is laugh out loud funny.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If you want to read some some great comedy, visit one of those Browns Scout.com forums whenever things go poorly for the Browns. Some of the stuff posted there is laugh out loud funny.
lol. They have self-loathing down to a science.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I like that the Redskins thought it was funny. That tells me there is no evil intent by them. But JF better get a grip and take what other players dish and just go with the flow. The people that can't take it just get more of it. It's his choice how much harassment he wants directed at him. Best thing he could have done was throw a td pass, look towards the Redskin bench and give them a quick look and walk back to his bench.

Alan

Legend
"Pettine sure has these guys playing like Browns. "
That's a quote from the Game Discussion. Man, I'm so glad I'm not a Browns fan.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
What A ScumBag!!!!!!!!!!

post_old.gif
3 Hours Ago

dangerdom
user_online.gif

Backup QB

reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif