What Bears Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...expect-to-see-from-the-Bears-offense-tomorrow

What do you expect to see from the Bears offense tomorrow

The Rams are a team that is fielding an elite defense in 2015. Scoring off of them will be no easy task. They are especially tough when playing at home.

The following is a list of the Rams games this year and how the opposing offenses did against them.

Game 1 Wilson 251 passing yards 1 TD 1 INT 0 Fumbles 31 rushing yards / RB-WR-TE 93 rushing yards 0 TD 0 Fumbles / Seattle offense scored 17 points -- 3 FG & 1 TD

Game 2 Cousins 203 passing yards 1 TD 0 INT 0 Fumbles 0 rushing yards / RB-WR-TE 182 rushing yards 2 TD 1 Fumble / Washington offense scored 24 points -- 1 FG & 3 TD

Game 3 Ben/Vick 230 passing yards 0 TD 1 INT 1 Fumble -2 rushing yards / RB-WR-TE 64 rushing yards 1 TD 0 Fumbles / Pittsburgh offense scored 12 points -- 2 FG & 1 TD

Game 4 Palmer 352 passing yards 1 TD 1 INT 1 Fumbles -1 rushing yards / RB-WR-TE 114 rushing yards 0 TD 2 Fumbles / Arizona offense scored 22 points -- 5 FG & 1 TD

Game 5 Rodgers 241 passing yards 2 TD 2 INT 1 Fumble 39 rushing yards / RB-WR-TE 47 rushing yards 0 TD 0 Fumbles /Green Bay offense scored 17 points -- 1 FG & 2 TD

Game 6 McCown/Manziel 282 passing yards 0 TD 0 INT 2 Fumbles 26 rushing yards / RB-WR-TE 56 rushing yards 0 TD 2 Fumbles / Cleveland offense scored 6 points -- 2 FG

Game 7 Kaepernick 162 passing yards 0 TD 0 INT 0 Fumbles 28 rushing yards / RB-WR-TE 10 rushing yards 0 TD 0 Fumbles / San Francisco offense scored 6 points -- 2 FG

Game 8 Bridgewater/Hill 144 passing yards 0 TD 1 INT 0 Fumbles 16 rushing yards 1 TD rushing / RB-WR-TE 129 rushing yards 1 TD 2 Fumbles / Minnesota offense scored 21 points -- 2 FG & 2 TD

Games 1-8 Rams have allowed 5 passing TD / 6 INT / 5 Fumbles from QB / 4 rushing TD / 5 rushing Fumbles

Which adds up to their defense allowing 9 offensive TD in 8 games and creating 6 INT and 10 total Fumbles

Rams are allowing the opposing team to score 18.3 points per game overall right now

Rams at home are allowing the opposing team to score 13.75 points per game overall right now

Rams defense at home is allowing the opposing team to score 10 points per game right now

Needless to say the Bears offense will need to come out with a stellar game plan and execute to near perfection if they want to put points on the board against the Rams defense.

The most important factor tomorrow is going to be the Bears defense. Why you say?

While the Rams defense has allowed 9 offensive TD and caused 16 INT/Fumbles. They are still only +1 in the turnover ratio because their offense has been not so good. Nick Foles has 7 passing TD / 5 INT / 5 Fumbles. While there RB-WR-TE have also fumbled it another 5 times.

So the Rams offense has generated 7 passing TD 7 Rushing TD / 5 INT /10 Fumbles

While most of us will be hoping the Bears offense can figure out how to score against the Rams and not turn the ball over. The Bears defense should have an easy day snuffing out the Rams offense.

That is if the Bears are really as good against the rush as the stats say they are. If not they are in for a long day. The Bears can ill afford to allow a lousy Rams offense to win the TOP and score on them.

St. Louis offense is averaging 19.1 points per game. Which leaves them ranked at 30th in the league in that category.

If there is any game the Bears plan to play keep away with the ball. It would be tomorrow game against the Rams. While they are not a high scoring offense. They are also a bad offense & shouldn't be able to dictate the TOP and scoring against the Bears defense.

So here is to hoping the Bears offense can do what other offenses are struggling to do against the Rams Defense.

Good luck to Cutler as he will need to play his ass off in order to avoid posting bad passing stats like the other Rams opposing QB have done so far this year.

Wilson 251 passing yards 1 TD 1 INT 0 Fumbles
Cousins 203 passing yards 1 TD 0 INT 0 Fumbles
Ben Roth 192 passing yards 0 TD 1 INT 0 Fumbles
Vick 38 passing yards 0 TD 0 INT 1 Fumble
Palmer 352 passing yards 1 TD 1 INT 1 Fumble
Rodgers 241 passing yards 2 TD 2 INT 1 Fumble
McCown 270 passing yards 0 TD 0 INT 2 Fumbles
Manziel 27 passing yards 0 TD 0 INT 0 Fumbles
Kaepernick 162 passing yards 0 TD 0 INT 0 Fumbles
Bridgewater 144 passing yards 0 TD 1 INT 0 Fumbles

Rodgers is the only one to have more than 1 Passing TD against the Rams. Which would have been good but he also threw 2 INT and Fumbled it against them as well.

Outside of Rodgers the opposing QB's have thrown a grand total of 3 passing TD against the Rams defense through the other 7 games.

Let's hope the Bears bring their A+++ game tomorrow because anything else is likely to turn into a very bad day for the Bears.
--------
I think they will struggle with the pressure package of the Rams.

Need some big plays into the blitz.
--------
I doubt that they will have to bring a lot of bltizes. They can easily get pressure with their front 4 alone. Cutler will be running all over the place tomm
--------
I think it's an up and down game, and they probably lose a close one. I see Cutler throwing 1-2 ints, with 1 fumble. Probably a low-scoring game, too? We could win, but I'm not quite feeling it. Then again, I was wrong about last week.
--------
The bears gonna go half trestman with the short/screen/bubble game im sure... havent seen the latest injury report for the bears... but if AJ is healthy him or Wilson are gonna have to try and stretch that d and take a couple shots... perhaps benett in the seams too.. i would take a shot early to let them have it in their head.

short passing game across the whole field majority of the game if they cant get the rams pass rush under control.. may also start out heavy with short to medium stuff to feel them out.

would be good to move cutler with half/full rolls... hell, just move that pocket more than normal ..

may need to do some misdirection stuff to see if the rams will be in full aggressive over pursuit mode too.

just gonna have to try and pound that rock too..

It may come down to a field position/fg kind of game if the bears d can get after foles and attack gurley behind the line of scrimmage. being that st louis oline is garbage, this is possible.. if mcphee is out.. maybe its not, but as bad as the rams oline is who knows.. its sea bad.. gurley may break one or two but he has been harassed behind the line of scrimmage a lot due to their suspect line.

i like gurley but i hope the bears shut him down.. if so, they will have a chance... force foles to beat them
--------
It's going to be a great game to watch. I took off work to watch it. So hopefully the Bears at least make a game of it.

I think Cutler will struggle, I pray he doesn't but I'm going to error on the side of caution and say he is in for a rough day tomorrow.

I think the O-line will struggle in both run and pass blocking. If this unit can play unexpectedly well tomorrow. It will change the entire outcome of the game. The Bears would literally have a decent shot to win big tomorrow. This option is unlikely to happen tomorrow. Mostly due to the strength of the Rams defense.

Langford will struggle due to the O-line and Rams run defense. His pass blocking and chipping the D-line will go a long way to helping the offense produce. With all the pass blocking nightmares the Bears are likely to struggle with tomorrow. The last thing they need is for the RB to be missing blocks as well.

If Bennett has sure hands tomorrow he should be the offensive MVP for the day. I actually think he will be the best blocker tomorrow. At least as good as pass catching TE can be expected to be. Bennett isn't a game breaking guy either though, so his impact will not be enough to put this team over the top. His job will be to help this team slowly move down field and come up big on 3rd downs. I have a feeling he will be up to the task tomorrow. Let's all I hope he is.

The WR are probably the X factor in tomorrow's game -- They are going to need to find ways to gain separation from a secondary that knows it won't need to cover for long. On the plays where the O-line does keep some pressure off the QB and Gase has a mid to long range pass play dialed up. It will be on the WR to have done their jobs well on those plays.

The biggest problem for the WR is that they may be taken out of the game simply by the pass rush being too damn good and the coverage being tight early on. Alshon playing and playing at a high level is by far the best way the WR can give the Bears a good shot at getting the W. I also expect Wilson to be thrown at least one deep pass tomorrow if not more.

That might wind up being a result of being down & needing to try and stretch the field a bit. Either way Wilson needs to play his ass off tomorrow. It's a pretty big game for him, with Royal still out of the lineup.
--------
That last part is how I would attack the Rams. Do everything I can to shut that run game down and pray Foles continues to struggle throwing the ball.
-------
The key to this game is simple stay out of 3rd and long, run the shit out of the ball and as often as possible pass when they are expecting the run. If the oline can run block well early on the Bears have a great shot to win this game. This game I would really like to get Bushrod back but maybe at LG instead of LT. Gase has to use his creative skills to move the ball on the ground. Probably a lot fo 3 TE sets and this game sure would be the time to use rollouts as a staple in the play calling.

This will be a close game but IMO the Bears have as much of a chance to win it as the Rams do. If the Bears can even put up a few field goals early in the game but shutout the Rams defense that may be just enough momentum to set up some second half fireworks from Jay and hopefully Alshon.