What are your Draft weekend plans?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
I went grocery shopping for the draft weekend. Spent almost $200 on food for 3 people 3 days. My brother, my buddy and I crash my brothers place and nerd out for 3 days. This weekend has overtaken Christmas for me. I take off work and nerd out.

What are your draft plans? Are you a network guy or an ESPN guy? I hate all things ESPN, but the network sucked last year with their overkill on Te'o. It got very old very fast.

Alan

Legend
Same as any other weekend except for twhat I'll be watching on TV. I can't stand ESPN either so I'll be listening to Mayock.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I enjoy Mayock. He isn't perfect in his evaluations, who is, but I like what he brings to the table. I'm not a fan of Marshall, Michael, or Steve being on the panel. I like it better when it's Mayock, Charles Davis, with Eisen.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I take off early on Thursday and off on Friday and make sure I'm not working the weekend. I going to the store today, I'm sure I'll be buying all kinds of food and definitely all kinds of alcohol. I will essentially be indoors the entire weekend geeking out. That was exactly how I described it to a co-worker "geeking out".

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The draft doesn't start until 9pm where I live, so at the very least I'm going into work late. Will probably take Friday off.

Like the rest of you, I'll vegg out.

I'll probably watch ESPN. I'm a little old school.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I DVR both the NFL network feed and the ESPN fees so that I can go back and watch reaction for both.

This year, have a sister in lawgetting married Saturday, have a good friend who doesn't care a lick about the draft coming in town for the wedding, and of course - it Mothers Day weekend. I'll likely live in my phone. Thanks, Roger.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Got an hour Metro North train ride from Connecticut into Manhattan on Wednesday afternoon. Then crash at my son's apartment in midtown. His place is about a 15 min walk to Radio City. Gotta wait in line for ticket wristband on Wednesday night. Weather is expected to be great in the city on Wednesday so that's a big plus. Plan to hit an italian restaurant with my son and his friends after I get my wristband. On Thursday night, I'll be wearing my Bradford jersey, probably sitting in the cheap seats in the music hall. I'll tweet whatever I hear about the first round.

I'm staying in the city Wednesday and Thursday nights. Not sure if I'll stay longer or just go back home Friday and watch the rest of the draft at the house.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The first thing I'm going to do on Friday is call in my order to the Ram Pro Shop for my new Watkins jersey.

Watching the draft will be a Blast. Finally.

Don't forget that Mother's Day is this weekend !!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Got an hour Metro North train ride from Connecticut into Manhattan on Wednesday afternoon. Then crash at my son's apartment in midtown. His place is about a 15 min walk to Radio City. Gotta wait in line for ticket wristband on Wednesday night. Weather is expected to be great in the city on Wednesday so that's a big plus. Plan to hit an italian restaurant with my son and his friends after I get my wristband. On Thursday night, I'll be wearing my Bradford jersey, probably sitting in the cheap seats in the music hall. I'll tweet whatever I hear about the first round.

I'm staying in the city Wednesday and Thursday nights. Not sure if I'll stay longer or just go back home Friday and watch the rest of the draft at the house.

That sounds awesome!

What jersey will your son be wearing? :sneaky:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Dink, throw things at the tv, laugh at Cowboys picks, have the neighbor woman serve me dinner among other things.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Actually Thursday night works out well because I usually work later on Thursday's and I will be meeting a bunch of Ram fans at the Recovery Room (sports bar 5-6 guys) and we will enjoy the first round as I sip on a fine single malt beverage.

The rest of the draft will be catch me if you can wife leaving for India (work) on Friday, May 9th so my two children will remind me the Rams can't hear me, but they will laugh because it's the only time of year my phone blows up.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No plans outside my Mancave. I have a locked door, got AC unit to cool things down, Bathroom about 10 ft away, Swivel Rocker recliner (for anxiety maneuvers), TV , good old dog (to talk to & calm me down), A&W diet Root Beer, NFL Network channel, PC internet for investigations of prospects and of course the most important thing is Rams On Demand,com to yak with my Ram buds in the Chat room. Did I miss anything????:cautious:

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
have the neighbor woman serve me dinner among other things.

Intriguing! Care to elaborate? :sneaky:

Will miss the first half hour or so of the draft due to a previous obligation. Then hunker down in front of the pc, ROD of course and NFL.com, with the TV on in the background tuned to ESPN(until Chris Berman's bloviating gets on my nerves).

iced

I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing yet, but I can confidently state that there was be some kind of alcohol consumption and probably some grilling to go with it