What Are the Titans Going to Do With the 2nd Overall Pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Mike Florio takes a look at the possible options the Titans have at their disposal with the second overall pick in the draft, which includes selecting Marcus Mariota as their next franchise QB. What should they do?

Watch Florio Talk Titans Decision

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If they take anyone other than Leonard Williams, then their management should be fired effective immediately. Because that means that the Jaguars - their division rival - get Williams, who is a top three defensive player scouted this century and is the biggest can't-miss prospect since Andrew Luck.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They have a decision on their hands, for sure.

Is Mettenberger the real deal? If not, do you plan on picking #2 again next year to get a top rated QB?

Me; I'm taking Mariota if I am them.

If I roll with Mettenberger, then I'm hoping to clean up on a trade of the pick. Tennessee needs a lot of help.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Is Mettenberger the real deal? If not, do you plan on picking #2 again next year to get a top rated QB?

If I roll with Mettenberger, then I'm hoping to clean up on a trade of the pick. Tennessee needs a lot of help.
Agreed!.. And I'm glad to see you returned to your BEST Avatar!! ;):D

Memento

Name
Jemma

Titans aren't in any position to win right now. Too many holes, not enough picks to fill them with (unlike Tampa). Mettenberger isn't the real deal to me, but they need so much more than a quarterback right now. Offensively, they have pieces to surround Mettenberger, but their defense is pretty much shot with old/injured free agents and 4-3 only players aside from Jurrell Casey (who would still be better in a 4-3). They should have never switched to a 3-4; they don't have any of the pieces that are necessary for it. Leonard Williams or Dante Fowler Jr. would be a start, but they're not competing for that division for a very long time, even though they foolishly think that they're able.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
They need to trade down for a bevy of picks. As long as that trade isn't with the Rams, I don't care. Surely we don't need Leonard Williams that badly, lol.

Memento

Name
Jemma
They need to trade down for a bevy of picks. As long as that trade isn't with the Rams, I don't care. Surely we don't need Leonard Williams that badly, lol.

For the right price, I'd love to have the next Reggie White as our left end of the future. I bet Snisher would as well.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If I'm the titans its L. Williams he's a stud and clean.. Unless they can be cute and trade down 1-2 spots and still land him but I doubt it

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
For the right price, I'd love to have the next Reggie White as our left end of the future. I bet Snisher would as well.

That would be awesome... A DL thats straight up destroys all game plans!!! :sneaky::cautious::barefoot:

Memento

Name
Jemma
That would be awesome... A DL thats straight up destroys all game plans!!! :sneaky::cautious::barefoot:

Yeah. Imagine three people on your D-line who are Canton-bound. Not even both incarnations of the Fearsome Foursome could say that. But I don't think it's happening with Williams. I just hope to fate that nobody in the NFC trades up to get him.

Memento

Name
Jemma
You're way overrating Leonard Williams, imo. Like, by a lot.

He's the only guy in this class who will be in Canton, barring injuries and off-the-field issues. He has everything you could ever want in a lineman: strong as an ox, explosive, lengthy, and dominated everyone. And I mean everyone. No matter where he lined up. He's the consensus number one prospect pretty much everywhere, and even where he isn't, he's easily the best defensive prospect. People are seeing J.J. Watt and Gerald McCoy comparisons, and both of them are about as close to White as you can get in the modern day.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Yeah. Imagine three people on your D-line who are Canton-bound. Not even both incarnations of the Fearsome Foursome could say that. But I don't think it's happening with Williams. I just hope to fate that nobody in the NFC trades up to get him.

man, that would make me so mad I might even turn off the draft if an NFC WEST team traded up for him lol.. Like most the NFL DRAFT is like xmas to me!!!

Ya we are dreaming if the Rams trade up and give all that draft capital for him.. Still need are picks next year for a qb..

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I would draft Mariota if I was them. I think Mettenberger's going to be a decent backup QB in this league so you'd set yourself up at the position with Mariota as your 1 and Mettenberger and a vet as back ups. I don't think they will though. They'll take Williams.

As you guys say probably the most optimal move for them would be to trade out and pick up as many picks as possible. That teams not a 1 player fix away from being a Super-bowl winner...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Williams is far from perfect. I think he is sloppy and has a lot to learn. There have been better DTs in the last five years. Williams doesn't look like an instant impact guy to me, unless he is real good at taking to coaching. He plays high and is inconsistent with his hands. He lets Olinemen get inside leverage. He has ability and measurements but most talk like he is the next great. I'd take Suh or McCoy coming out over Williams.

I cannot believe the Titans think Mettenberger is the guy and even with questions about Mariota he is still better than Mettenberger right now, when comparing ability. They should not pass up the QB. No team should pass up a QB if that QB looks better than what they already have. Even if it is very close to what you have, take the QB, because it is hard to measure intangibles and they are what often puts QBs over the top.