What are realistic expectations for Jared Goff in Year 2?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff has to watch the fumbles is right. It's a guess because we don't know how McVay will call the offense. He does like to pass but I think he keeps it at 58/42 pass run which will help Goff. If Keenum averaged 220 YPG I think Goff could add 20+ yards to that. Some where around these two seem probable.

240 YPG -3860
7+ YPA
TD-24
Ints-14
I do believe that part of the fumble issue was that Goff had felt additional pressure to perform, after riding pine for so long. I think he was trying to do too much.
Funny how that works, he allegedly wasn't rushed in to playing to avoid pressure on him, however it produced the opposite

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I love all the stat projections. They give us a good idea of where he could be.

I look to see a guy that has a command of the offense.
A guy that walks up and makes the line checks and reads the defense.
A guy that knows where the ball is going very quickly.
A guy that has that relief of Gurley behind him (something we all thought he might have).

We heard much of Mcvay focusing on situational football. I think we see him succeed in running situational football. Being able to move the ball within the offense. Mcvay will know that we still have Hekker/Bones and Wade to help control field position.

If Goff can run an efficient offense based around Gurley and then strike from the red zone. We'll be in great shape!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Psycho_X

Legend
My realistic goals for him is to be middle of the pack as far as QBs go this season. So around #15 in qbr. There will still be a lot of growing pains but I expect to see McVay putting him in situations to succeed and to use that rocket arm the way it should be used. But I'm not expecting pro bowl numbers in only his s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ first year in a real NFL offensive system. Anything better than that will be bonus and anything worse will be disappointing to me.