What are realistic expectations for Jared Goff in Year 2?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
@DaveFan'51 TroyAikman actually was 0-11 in his rookie year. But great call. That okie/Ucla kid ended up ok huh??

My realistic expectation
3,762 yards 24td 17int

@Dxmissile is correct. The fumbles have got to stop.
Your right about Aikmans 1st year, I was looking at the "1" Win the CowPie's got that Year, and crediting Troy with it< He didn't play that game!

My Humble, Realistic expectations, are 3900 yards / 28 TD's / 9 INT's w/ 3 rushing TD's!! and a minimum 10-6 record! THAT'S AS LOW AS I'LL GO!!(y);):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
flv, IF you going to make book for Goff' over/under pass attempts at 780, I'll Take the under right now for 155k ROD $$$$ that is!(y);):LOL:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For me, my hope/expectation is:
62+% completion percentage
~3800 yards
7+ YPA
22 TDs
12 Ints

That would give us QB play approaching league average. From a second-year QB, I'd be quite content with that, and it would put us in position to contend if the defense is good (which I expect it will be with Wade).

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Well, Goff's rookie numbers were similar to Eli's rookie numbers, so I'm just going to use Eli's second year numbers as "realistic expectations". (Sure Eli had Plax, Shockey and a toomer, but he also had a CFL OC -- coaching edge, us!)

53% completions, 3700+ yards, 6.8 yards/attempt, 24 tds, 76 rating.

WestCoastRam

Legend
~3800 yards
7+ YPA
22 TDs
12 Ints

That would give us QB play approaching league average. From a second-year QB, I'd be quite content with that, and it would put us in position to contend if the defense is good (which I expect it will be with Wade).

I'd do somersaults for this.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My response to the 1st part of your statement, I'll think about maybe 10% of my ROD$$$$!
As to the second Part, I approach Betting the same way I do football, read my motto below!:D:p

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Goff's rookie numbers were similar to Eli's rookie numbers, so I'm just going to use Eli's second year numbers as "realistic expectations". (Sure Eli had Plax, Shockey and a toomer, but he also had a CFL OC -- coaching edge, us!)

53% completions, 3700+ yards, 6.8 yards/attempt, 24 tds, 76 rating.
lol
My realistic expectation
3,762 yards 24td 17int

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes, it's at the bottom of the page on every post I make!

WestCoastRam

Legend
I will say this, I'm very tempered in my view of what's realistic for Goff next season but in rewatching all the games from last year, it's crazy how receivers were all over the place with the depth of their routes, dropping passes, the oline was holding and or false starting, not to mention the simplicity of the offensive scheme... Goff definitely had his problems but I will say it's not crazy to see him take a bigger jump than I anticipate next year since that offense was historically bad. And I'm really only talking about the passing game! Don't get me started on the run game.

Ram65

Legend
Some perspective around the league. Sorry this doesn't have games played. 16 games @ 250 Yards=4000 Yards.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards

QB 2016 Stats.png
QB 2016 Stats 2.png

Ram65

Legend
@DaveFan'51 TroyAikman actually was 0-11 in his rookie year. But great call. That okie/Ucla kid ended up ok huh??

My realistic expectation
3,762 yards 24td 17int

@Dxmissile is correct. The fumbles have got to stop.

~3800 yards
7+ YPA
22 TDs
12 Ints

Goff has to watch the fumbles is right. It's a guess because we don't know how McVay will call the offense. He does like to pass but I think he keeps it at 58/42 pass run which will help Goff. If Keenum averaged 220 YPG I think Goff could add 20+ yards to that. Some where around these two seem probable.

240 YPG -3860
7+ YPA
TD-24
Ints-14