What about this situation...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
What if Houston signs Lovie Smith and the Bears stick with Josh McCown. Let's say Lovie brings in old pal Jay Cutler and they draft Jadeveon Clowney.

...and go.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Good hot stove stuff and they need a DE if they're gonna go Tampa 2,so I'll finish it and we have the rights to the top QB in the draft.

You can't make this stuff up is whatif

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Its not beyond the realms of possibility! Cutler looks like he's leaving. McCown wont want big superstar bucks so Chicago might let Cutler walk - they wont tag him will they?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Chicago will let Cutler walk. McCown has played much better than Cutler ever has IMO.

Believe me, if I didn't think this was a real possibility I wouldn't have posted it...nothing drives me more insane than people posting just totally off the wall scenarios...or scenarios that might have a possibility but have to have like 12 things go exactly as said for the exact situation play out. Just waste of time IMO.

jjab360

Legend
Doubt it, Chicago seems pretty committed to Jay Cutler, Bridgewater's stock is sky high, and Clowney's stock is on a bit of a downtrend right now. Seems unlikely from pretty much every angle, IMO.

A much more likely scenario is the Texans pull off an upset before the end of the year, and we end up with the no.1 overall pick due to Washington's poor SOS.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I can't imagine Culter wanting to leave with the receivers they have and decent running game, stranger things have happened though. And it would put us in a nice position in the draft.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I can't imagine Culter wanting to leave with the receivers they have and decent running game, stranger things have happened though. And it would put us in a nice position in the draft.

Going from Marshall and Jeffery to Johnson and Hopkins isn't to bad. At least he wouldn't have to come into Quick and Givens :disappoint:

Foster and Taint are not to shabby either(when Foster healthy ofc)

jjab360

Legend
Going from Marshall and Jeffery to Johnson and Hopkins isn't to bad. At least he wouldn't have to come into Quick and Givens :disappoint:

With all the talent they have, makes you wonder how the Texans are as bad as they are right now.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

OUCH!! That should be Quick and Bailey right???

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Chicago announced Cutler IS the starter when he is healthy.

Well then it must be true.

...I guess Albert Pujols didn't really leave St.Louis for a couple million more, after all he said he wouldn't. :heh:

lasvegasrams

Rookie
cutler staying in chicago is not impossible. im not sure if they are ready to hand the team over to mccown just yet. you need two capable starters in this league if we learned anything this year

Sum1

Hall of Fame
cutler staying in chicago is not impossible. im not sure if they are ready to hand the team over to mccown just yet. you need two capable starters in this league if we learned anything this year
Yeah I agree.

Anything is possible with the Bears right now.

One thing to consider though is keeping Cutler and McCown could create a QB controversy...something they may not want to risk.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
McCown is much better in the Bears system than Cutler, even though Cutler is the better QB by far. It's a scheme thing.
You might be right on this scenario. Lovie would be a great fit there, lots of talent on the team, minimal rebuild and if they have the cap space to get Cutler they are ready to roll.
The nonsense that Lovie is a 4-3 guy is just silly. If he want's to win he will adapt to the talent base. He might not get a shot at a 4-3 team this year.
The Question is does Lovie love Cutler?

Sooner Cutler is off the market the more value Washington's 1st will have in trade value.