What about OT Isaiah Wynn?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Seems like a decent match.
Good career, heard he was not playing as well this year. Ive watched no Patriots this year so I have no idea.
Fresh start for a vet on a team that can contend and needs help?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like a decent match.
Good career, heard he was not playing as well this year. Ive watched no Patriots this year so I have no idea.
Fresh start for a vet on a team that can contend and needs help?
Was a solid LT. They moved him to RT, and he has struggled.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Was a solid LT. They moved him to RT, and he has struggled.
Is he physical enough to play LG? The reports over the years haven’t been great but I can’t say I have followed his play

I am puzzled why Eric Fisher isn’t more discussed? After all, he is (was) a better player and is a FA

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not sure I understand the Isaiah Wynn interest on the Board. And I loved Wynn in the 2018 Draft.

He has a $10.4M salary. If acquired, the Rams would have to pay between $6-$7M of that amount. Plus, Wynn is a free agent at year-end. With Jackson and Havenstein starting, Wynn would be very expensive OT-insurance, or have to move to Guard, where he has barely played.

It just doesn't make much sense to me.

From New England's side it also does not make much sense. Don't think they would trade Wynn for a 6th or 7th round pick when they would probably get a higher compensatory pick when Wynn leaves via free agency.

Understand wanting a third-OT for depth/insurance but think it has to be a cheap veteran. That's why I mentioned Riley Reiff. He's backing up in Chicago, and carries a $3M salary. An acquiring team would have to take-on about $2M. Maybe the Rams feel Ty Nsekhe is good enough.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not sure I understand the Isaiah Wynn interest on the Board. And I loved Wynn in the 2018 Draft.

He has a $10.4M salary. If acquired, the Rams would have to pay between $6-$7M of that amount. Plus, Wynn is a free agent at year-end. With Jackson and Havenstein starting, Wynn would be very expensive OT-insurance, or have to move to Guard, where he has barely played.

It just doesn't make much sense to me.

From New England's side it also does not make much sense. Don't think they would trade Wynn for a 6th or 7th round pick when they would probably get a higher compensatory pick when Wynn leaves via free agency.

Understand wanting a third-OT for depth/insurance but think it has to be a cheap veteran. That's why I mentioned Riley Reiff. He's backing up in Chicago, and carries a $3M salary. An acquiring team would have to take-on about $2M. Maybe the Rams feel Ty Nsekhe is good enough.

Maybe if they could put him at OLT then move Aleric back to ORG.

I’m guessing an Oline trade is not likely though. They may think it will take too long for an Olineman to assimilate into the line.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm not really feeling 'it' for Wynn. I believe the draft should be where we go for our next starting IOL. Like it or not Noteboom will be back next year, and I don't see how another expensive OT takes our team to the next level now while we have bigger needs (IMO) at Edge and RB at this particular time.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wynn would certainly upgrade our OL at one of the guard spots. I wonder what the Pats are asking for though.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Unless he's a true pro bowl caliber guy I'd be skeptical. How long would he need to develop some chemistry with the rest of the line? Is he even that much an upgrade?

The biggest problem is the injuries have forced them to play guys who have little to no experience. But another part of that is these guys have not had a chance to develop any chemistry together.

Unless an all pro lands in our laps I think its best to hope they can hang on until guys can return from IR. Allen should be good to go. Jackson has been serviceable at LT. Some think he's better than Noteboom.

We just need to be healthy enough for these guys to be able to get some time together. And McVay has to use that ultra brain and get creative with the plays to mitigate the deficiencies.