What about Kirk Cousins as a Ram? Just a thought.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

I'm not sure Gilbert would get picked up by another team. He hasn't shown a lot to date in preseason play. I think he's safe on our PS.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It'll depend how he looks Thursday. I think it also depends on who else gets waived. I wanted to keep him, but the SB injury changes what the Rams can or should do.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I don't like Cousins, think he's vastly overrated by virtue of being a back up QB who has thrown a few NFL passes. His hype comes on the back of 1 and a half good games. He looked every bit of his sub 60 passer rating last season.
Damn good post and very accurate

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't like Cousins, think he's vastly overrated by virtue of being a back up QB who has thrown a few NFL passes. His hype comes on the back of 1 and a half good games. He looked every bit of his sub 60 passer rating last season.

Agree. I think there is a certain "underdog" factor that drives people to overrate him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
[QUOTE="Akrasian, post: 379474, member: 1365"l he really looked bad last year, and hasn't impressed except in comparison to RG3 this preseason. Why would you think he was worth very much?[/QUOTE]

I guess I was impressed with him in college more than most and as to last year the Redskins were a mess including the offensive line last year, however, no excuses. IMO of all the QB's available right now that is the direction I would go in for the fact that he is young has shown some promise and his contract is palatable at this juncture. How much is the question? However, I would only make the trade if you truly thought "He" was the guy and if not and if you think your guy is playing college football right now then keep all the draft choices you have so you have the ammunition to move up and trade for him, if it play out that way.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I disagree I did like him in college and although last season the whole team did not play well, I still believe he can be a very good QB and you have seen flashes of potential. Again if this regime feels he's the guy then I would make a deal for him based on age and his contract, in fact, you could have him and Bradford next season. However, if you feel your guy is not currently in the NFL then go with Hill and wait for the NFL draft.

I disagree I did like him in college and although last season the whole team did not play well, I still believe he can be a very good QB and you have seen flashes of potential. Again if this regime feels he's the guy then I would make a deal for him based on age and his contract, in fact, you could have him and Bradford next season. However, if you feel your guy is not currently in the NFL then go with Hill and wait for the NFL draft.

I liked him in college too, but last year he looked worse than Clemens did imo, if we could get him for a 4th round pick I might think about it, but I'd still go with Hill this year.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I liked him in college too, but last year he looked worse than Clemens did imo, if we could get him for a 4th round pick I might think about it, but I'd still go with Hill this year.

I agree I guess I am just hoping for the future to be now and not have to wait on somebody from college, however, who knows what lies ahead?

Tweed335

UDFA
I agree I guess I am just hoping for the future to be now and not have to wait on somebody from college, however, who knows what lies ahead?

Yeah, it sucks to think that we were this close to tasting the playoffs, or at the very least finishing with a winning record.

But, I don't think this team, and Front Office, will look at the Bradford injury as a totally terrible incident. The reason I say that, whoever the QB is going forward, will begin their career here in a much better position than Bradford ever had. I'm not going to go as far as to say that Bradford's injury may've helped this team, but perhaps it gave this regime an opportunity to hand pick their QB, the roster is as close to completion as it has been in a long time.

I was a Bradford supporter because of his potential, and the lack of his supporting cast. Maybe I'm making a case for you by plugging in Cousins, but my point is the future may not be this season but it's not far off.

Wow, pontificating pep talk ended /

fearsomefour

Legend
I have said it on everyone of these threads, McGloin is who I would trade for, although I don't think Oakland will trade him. I wouldn't trade for him to start but to develop.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
giphy.gif