What about Josey Jewell?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
in the 3rd or 4th round? High motor guy, who fellow ROD member Jake Ellenbogan projects to be a James L. ILB type for a 3-4. What do you guys think?

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Could be a really good fit for us. Here is what Lance Zierlein says about him:
Overview
On the borderline from a size standpoint, Jewell will have his detractors who may worry about whether he's big enough or fast enough to become a starter in the NFL. What I see on tape is a highly instinctive linebacker who combines physicality with a relentless motor to find his way into play after play. Jewell's consistent play speed and consistency as a tackle finisher could make him a future starter as an inside linebacker perfectly suited to the WILL spot in a 3-4.

And this from "A Source":
"I like him a lot. I think he will run faster than people think for sure. Give me a guy with his mindset and instincts and I can sell him to a coaching staff even if he's not as big as they are looking for. His tape will win them over." - AFC Director of Scouting
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josey-jewell?id=32462018-0002-5598-194c-8a71e8b56260

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
in the 3rd or 4th round? High motor guy, who fellow ROD member Jake Ellenbogan projects to be a James L. ILB type for a 3-4. What do you guys think?

Put up a link on him a while back in the ILB thread, and opinion hasn't really changed. He's a midround dude who needs work in coverage and that will keep him from going too early. Can he adjust to the NFL level and improve in coverage? Tough to say, but IMO that will drive whether he ends up having as good a career as many fans think.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

I would be thrilled to see the Rams draft Jewell or Micah Kiser if either one of them is still available with their 3rd round pick! I originally was hoping for Leighton Vander Esch but now that the Rams don't have a 1st round pick (And, I am thrilled with the Brandin Cooks acquisition!) he will no longer be an option but I think both Jewell or Kiser would be a great addition to the Rams Defense!!!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a feeling this board is going to be really dissapointed come draft night . I'm positive that Barron and Littleton are out inside linebackers

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a feeling this board is going to be really dissapointed come draft night . I'm positive that Barron and Littleton are out inside linebackers
BPA is fine and won't disappoint me, as long as Les and Sean pick my selected players. ~ RamsOnDemand Draft gurus

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jewell doesn't feel like a fit to me. He needs to play the position that Barron will be playing. He is a James Laurinaitis clone with the same strengths and weaknesses. That means incredible instincts, sound tackling, and good zone coverage skills, but it also means an inability to defeat blockers at the POA and limitations in man coverage. Jewell is a better fit in a more zone-heavy defense.