What about Jordan Lynch in the 7th?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Slappy967

Starter
So the media wants to pretend we are thinking about drafting Manziel, I say we look at the 3rd place finisher for the Heisman late in the 6th or 7th. He has the mobility, high football IQ and more importantly wins games.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It's a decent idea to get someone like this in the later rounds rather than Manziel or Bridgewater early, though I suspect every player looks real good in their highlights. Btw the voice-over in the beginning sounds a lot like Morgan Freeman.

Slappy967

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I totally get that Alan but since we are talking about taking a project QB why not get one that offers something different. He put up some gaudy numbers at NIU and taking him in the 7th means we can load up on talent the first 5 rounds instead of grabbing a QB then. Do I think he is a better fit then other options? No but it's more fun discussing him then our 748th Watkins/Robinson/Manziel thread.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I still like Mettenberger in mid rounds. Do I need to go through the reasons why he's the perfect developmental guy for the Rams?

Slappy967

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not really as I like Mettenberger as well but this is more or less about the guys with potential in 6th-7th rounds.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sure wouldn't mind having him on the practice squad as a Russell Wilson.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a good enough thrower. If he plays in the NFL, I doubt it's at QB.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
From what I watched, he relies way too heavily on his legs. He was coming straight out of the snap with a run-first mentality. It may look like a show against lower tier college defenses but he would be bottled up at the NFL level. I think it would be a better use of the 7th round pick to draft a role player like a special teams stud than take a QB that appears not to have an NFL caliber arm and would most likely never see the field.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
From what I watched, he relies way too heavily on his legs. He was coming straight out of the snap with a run-first mentality. It may look like a show against lower tier college defenses but he would be bottled up at the NFL level. I think it would be a better use of the 7th round pick to draft a role player like a special teams stud than take a QB that appears not to have an NFL caliber arm and would most likely never see the field.
That's why I wouldn't mind having him on the practice squad. We know we are not drafting 12 players for the roster. A QB to practice the Russell Wilson defense on? Maybe?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
That's why I wouldn't mind having him on the practice squad. We know we are not drafting 12 players for the roster. A QB to practice the Russell Wilson defense on? Maybe?

Possibly... But if all you want is a practice squad test dummy then it seems like there should be a few similar QBs that go undrafted. If I were Snead, I would trade any pick that I thought would not compliment the roster if possible.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Possibly... But if all you want is a practice squad test dummy then it seems like there should be a few similar QBs that go undrafted. If I were Snead, I would trade any pick that I thought would not compliment the roster if possible.
Yeah - I agree. I just don't know that there are necessarily 12 players that are either better OR would fit better on your practice squad. I think maybe at that point, you grab a good practice squad guy knowing that one of your three 7th rounders are either untradeable or sure not to make the squad anyway, and pick up someone that likely would be taken as a UDFAby someone else but not stolen from your practice squad as he'd have to be on their active roster. Then you have a QB that you can have run the Seattle offense in practice, without seriously taking away a potential player. Just a thought.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Yeah - I agree. I just don't know that there are necessarily 12 players that are either better OR would fit better on your practice squad. I think maybe at that point, you grab a good practice squad guy knowing that one of your three 7th rounders are either untradeable or sure not to make the squad anyway, and pick up someone that likely would be taken as a UDFAby someone else but not stolen from your practice squad as he'd have to be on their active roster. Then you have a QB that you can have run the Seattle offense in practice, without seriously taking away a potential player. Just a thought.

Yes, that makes sense. I'm just not sure if subjecting a QB to our D-line as R. Wilson target practice wouldn't be cruel and unusual punishment ;)

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Lynch has a very weak arm. Good runner from the QB position and does ok on the short stuff, but his game definitely doesn't translate well to the NFL. Saw him many times on ESPN and his All-Star game...... not impressed.