What a cascade of succcessful offseason coaching hires...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Check these hires out.

[www.therams.com]

Everybody knows that McVay and Wade Phillips were HR hires.

But what about the many assistants? Hit after hit after hit. Not a dud in the lot!

Not gonna name them all because it would be a virtual roll call, huh?

Even down to the strength and conditioning coaches. Notice how they now rest the vets during practice weeks? And how few preventable injuries there have been?

Looking up and down this coaching roster we see position coaches that are getting big results. First rate teachers, if you will. Somebody CLEARLY gave some thought into the coaching selection process and that someone on O was a mere 30 years old at the time. I credit Wade with all of the D hires.

BTW, both McVay and Wade apparently had no difficulties in attracting top coaching talent. That is a common failing of new HC’s when they take over. Not with these two, though.

The midseason results speak for themselves, huh?

I have only two nitpicky comments about two asst coaches, and I think that their “problems” are merely works in progress, tbh.

Shane Waldron hasn’t yet got his TE’s up to where McVay wants them to be, although Higbee has definitely shown improvement lately. But the TE’s are coming, I’m sure.

Eric Yarber has done a fine job with Woods and Kupp, but Watkins is not yet where he needs to be. Just sayin’.

Again, a bit nitpicky, especially after only 7 games. But I’m impatient to get to elite status, rather than continue with this very good status. I wanna beat those Eagles when they come to town!

Meanwhile, kudos to this magnificent coaching staff from top to bottom!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
These coaching hires have been near perfect; my only concern a few seasons from now is how McVay will handle the defense once Wade Phillips hangs it up. I'm confident that he'll stay long enough until McVay gets the full grasp of managing a defense. Hope we'll at least get a second ring for Wade by then

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I always say a head coach is only as good as his assistants. That is just one of the reasons that Fisher sucked.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Check these hires out.

[www.therams.com]

Everybody knows that McVay and Wade Phillips were HR hires.

But what about the many assistants? Hit after hit after hit. Not a dud in the lot!

Not gonna name them all because it would be a virtual roll call, huh?

Even down to the strength and conditioning coaches. Notice how they now rest the vets during practice weeks? And how few preventable injuries there have been?

Looking up and down this coaching roster we see position coaches that are getting big results. First rate teachers, if you will. Somebody CLEARLY gave some thought into the coaching selection process and that someone on O was a mere 30 years old at the time. I credit Wade with all of the D hires.

BTW, both McVay and Wade apparently had no difficulties in attracting top coaching talent. That is a common failing of new HC’s when they take over. Not with these two, though.

The midseason results speak for themselves, huh?

I have only two nitpicky comments about two asst coaches, and I think that their “problems” are merely works in progress, tbh.

Shane Waldron hasn’t yet got his TE’s up to where McVay wants them to be, although Higbee has definitely shown improvement lately. But the TE’s are coming, I’m sure.

Eric Yarber has done a fine job with Woods and Kupp, but Watkins is not yet where he needs to be. Just sayin’.

Again, a bit nitpicky, especially after only 7 games. But I’m impatient to get to elite status, rather than continue with this very good status. I wanna beat those Eagles when they come to town!

Meanwhile, kudos to this magnificent coaching staff from top to bottom!
Good "Karma" has caught up with the Rams! " Knock-on Wood!"
IF the Team stays Healthy, we could go all the way to the Big One!!(y);):D

Last edited:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I see and point out Ted Rath on a weekly basis! He's an exciting guy to watch cheer on the players.