What 49ers fans are saying...after they lost

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So the whiner fans think the refs screwed them? Welcome to our world. And most losing teams world. If all things were equal that last play wouldn't be an issue. We woulda had it won by then.

iced

Am I the only one who thinks the Crabtree catch shouldn't have even been a catch? ball touches the ground when he doesn't have control. Where's the Calvin Johnson rule? That was more of a catch than Crabtree's

fearsomefour

Legend
Idiots

We got robbed. The score should have been 17-10. The ref had no reason to blow the play dead on the punt return to the EZ. Should have been a td. What a joke.
Not to mention the fumble earlier in the game that was clearly a live ball and picked up by JL, thats another TD off the board. Bottom line, the Whiners are beat up, but, so are we. Their "vaunted" O just got shut down by a D playing youngsters all over the place. A sign of things to come.

fearsomefour

Legend
Am I the only one who thinks the Crabtree catch shouldn't have even been a catch? ball touches the ground when he doesn't have control. Where's the Calvin Johnson rule? That was more of a catch than Crabtree's
If you remember back to the Tampa Bay Rams NFC Title game there was a catch ruled incomplete when the tip of the ball touched the ground. The rule was changed after that. Because the ball wasnt moving it is a catch. Ruling he didnt have control until after he had moved away from the goal line was the right call. They got that one right in my opinion.

69superbowl

Rookie
On Saturday night I hosted a group of 6 burgundy and butterscotch clad whiner-fan friends at my home. Apple wood smoked pulled pork butt, ABTs, two sauces, cole slaw, sides, beers, shots, cocktails, cigars, the whole deal. Like always, all I hear is constant shit about the Rams. I live in the same place the whiners play and have dealt with this for 40 years. Cool, they're mostly right (like most of the last three decades). Fast forward to last evening when the usual whiner fan texting/calls starts and ... hmmm, nothing. Even that jughead simpleton Harbaugh isn't talking to the media.

I'm enjoying the silence. Must be a lot of new whiner gear in the recycle bins this week. F the whiners.

iced

If you remember back to the Tampa Bay Rams NFC Title game there was a catch ruled incomplete when the tip of the ball touched the ground. The rule was changed after that. Because the ball wasnt moving it is a catch. Ruling he didnt have control until after he had moved away from the goal line was the right call. They got that one right in my opinion.

By the definition of the rules and how things have changed since the Calvin johnson rule, thats not a catch IMO

fearsomefour

Legend
By the definition of the rules and how things have changed since the Calvin johnson rule, thats not a catch IMO
The Calvin Johnson rule (just my understanding) is possessing the ball "through" the catch. So, if the ball moved as he was rolling out of bounds, thats where the CJ rule would apply. The tip of the ball touching the ground is a different rule, the one that was changed because of the NFC Title game in 99. The CJ rule has to with keeping control of the ball through the end of the catch.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
A client/friend of mine is originally from San Fran and is a 9er fan. He isn't a jerk about it at all, in fact I took him to the game a couple weeks ago and he even said before that he wouldn't wear any 49er gear, which in all honesty wouldn't offend me. Just to raz him a little after the game last night I sent him a graphic with the score. His response, "You bastard".

He then told me he hopes Harbaugh gets fired because he can't stand him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ve-to-make-our-mind-up-to-do-what-we-do-well/

Frank Gore on 49ers offense: We have to make our mind up to do what we do well
Posted by Josh Alper on November 3, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwy4zdg5zdi0njm5mmm4ytaxowzhzdawmwqymgi3zmrl-e1415024540933.jpeg
AP

The 49ers offense had two weeks to prepare for Sunday’s game against the Rams, but their offense didn’t look particularly well prepared.

They gained just 263 yards and allowed eight sacks in a performance while going the final 41 minutes without scoring a point in a 13-10 loss. Left tackle Joe Staley offered up a succinct opinion of what went wrong.

We’ve got all the talent in the world. We were doing some dumb stuff and they took advantage of it,” Staley said, via the San Francisco Chronicle. “Penalties. Dumb blocks. Dumb techniques. Dumb schemes. Played like s—.”

Running back Frank Gore suggested the team lacked the right identity on a day when they called 41 passes and 21 runs, although he said the onus fell on both the players and offensive coordinator Greg Roman to implement it.

“We’ve just got to make our minds up, do what we feel we’re good at, and go do it,” Gore said. “I still think we have a good coordinator. I still believe in our coordinator. He’s been successful since he’s been here. As players, we’ve got to look at ourselves in the mirror. When he makes a call, we’ve got to do it. I wouldn’t put it on him. It’s also us. I feel he put us in good situations. We’re just too up and down.”

With eight weeks left in the season, the 4-4 49ers have time to get things going in the right direction. They’ll need to start heading that way in New Orleans next weekend, though, and getting their offense on track will be the best way to make that happen.
---------
Apparently what you do well on offense is get your QB sacked.
--------
I lke the way all we heard all off season was the NFC West was a two team race between Seadderall and the Whiner’s. Neither is much better than the Rams, this divison belongs to the Big Red.
--------
The team realizes it has no running game as Gore ages and their draft picks turn bust, so they’re trying to move to a passing game. Only problem there is: look who’s passing.
---------
If you think losing to the Rams was bad, their going to get killed in the Dome this weekend. Saints are unbeatable at home since 2011 and we beat them last year when they were “playing good.” Saints win third consecutive game. They are actually picked as favorites to win this game, 49ers are making it even easier!
---------
Yesterday’s goal line effort was just like their Super Bowl loss to Baltimore. Do anything you can to not run Gore. It worked just as well.
---------
As a Hawks fan I can say the Rams always play tough against both us and the Niners. As for the Cards I wouldn’t crown them just yet. Both us and the Niners are going to show up with pride against em and punch em in the face you watch. The division is still in play and the Ram’s are very well coached and have talent so perhaps give them some credit.
-----------
Gore is right. The offensive line is built for a power running game. They play majority of the time out of the gun and have turned into a passing team. Kap is holding this offense back, and many of the sacks were on him and his inability to step up in the pocket and deliver a pass. He’d rather run backwards into a pass rusher pushed far up the field. This team is terrible to watch. Harbaugh can take kap with him wherever he coaches next year.
-----------
The problem is that the 49ers don’t want the identity of a running team. Management (Harbaugh especially) tabbed Kapernick as the next great QB but he’s not. He’s just a black version of Tim Tebow.

Can’t read defenses, always wants to run all the time. Mind you..Alex Smith wasn’t the long term answer either but it’s apparent that running QB’s don’t win championships.

Never have, never will. Get a real QB and commit to the running game and then the 49ers will be a real team.
--------
This team is collectively burned out. The defense has been playing really well but that offense simply looks dazed and confused since opening day.
-----------
The niners lose again next week at New Orleans. The team is very close to a mutiny on Harbaugh and can you blame them? Before every game he does his stupid pounding on Kaperchoke’s shoulder pads. I guarantee the rest of the team sees that and thinks “oh great the balls gonna be in that choke artists hands with the game on the line”. Harbaugh and Kaperchoke will never win it all.
-----------
Gore is as loyal as they come but even he has to hold his tongue when it comes to Roman. Our OC has single handedly sabotaged our offense. Whenever the run game works he then switches and commits to the pass. With two weeks to prepare against Greg Williams, a guy known to blitz often, he draws up drop back pass plays that Kaep isn’t able to execute. The O-line was atrocious but still, a pathetic display yesterday.
---------
This surprised me...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...arcus-lattimore-plans-to-retire-from-the-nfl/

Report: Marcus Lattimore plans to retire from the NFL
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 3, 2014

350x24.jpg
AP

Marcus Lattimore, the talented running back who never played a professional game after suffering a devastating knee injury in college, has reportedly decided to call it a career.

Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that Lattimore is expected to retire as he continues to deal with knee issues.

Lattimore’s agent, Michael Perrett, told Ian Rapoport of NFL Network that no decision had been made and Lattimore is still weighing his options.

Lattimore was viewed as a likely first-round draft pick at South Carolina until he suffered a gruesome knee injury during his last year playing for the Gamecocks. That injury was so severe that doctors initially told Lattimore that he might never walk unassisted again, but it turned out that Lattimore was able to rehabilitate well enough that he started running, and the 49ers took him in the fourth round of the NFL draft in 2013.

Unfortunately, despite many reports that Lattimore was working hard and motivated to return, he simply wasn’t able to get all the way back. It looks like he never will.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I put it on the coaching staff for stubbornly g in calling pass plays that took far to long to develop. Not the way the O-line was performing. Needed to call plays that burn their blitzes.
At least one 49er fan was paying attention yesterday.

There certainly was a certain amount of stubbornness and arrogance that worked against them.

I certainly don't expect even 4 sacks a game from here on out. Two games in a row, the defense has been improving, but I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic.

69superbowl

Rookie
Sad about Lattimore. Whiners lost a 4th rounder too last week. Hope the kid gets a gig somewhere else in the game.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
On Saturday night I hosted a group of 6 burgundy and butterscotch clad whiner-fan friends at my home. Apple wood smoked pulled pork butt, ABTs, two sauces, cole slaw, sides, beers, shots, cocktails, cigars, the whole deal. Like always, all I hear is constant crap about the Rams. I live in the same place the whiners play and have dealt with this for 40 years. Cool, they're mostly right (like most of the last three decades). Fast forward to last evening when the usual whiner fan texting/calls starts and ... hmmm, nothing. Even that jughead simpleton Harbaugh isn't talking to the media.

I'm enjoying the silence. Must be a lot of new whiner gear in the recycle bins this week. F the whiners.

This is hilarious

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-scored-a-touchdown-even-if-ref-didnt-see-it/

Kaepernick: I know I scored a touchdown, even if ref didn’t see it

kaepernick1.jpeg
AP

Colin Kaepernick says his last play in the 49ers’ loss to the Rams on Sunday should have been ruled a touchdown, not a fumble.

With seconds remaining and the 49ers trailing 13-10, Kaepernick tried to score a touchdown on a quarterback sneak. But the ball came loose, and when the officials unpiled the players, Rams linebacker James Laurinaitis was holding the ball. The ruling on the field was a fumble recovered by the Rams, and no replays definitively showed whether the ball crossed the goal line before Kaepernick lost it.

I know I crossed the line,” Kaepernick said, via CSNBayArea.com. “Yeah, I did bobble the snap, but regardless.”

Kaepernick added that he’s sure he was across the goal line because “I was looking in the end zone” and he saw that he had the ball over the line before he lost control. Kaepernick acknowledged, however, that if he had played better in the first 59 minutes of the game, the 49ers wouldn’t have been in a position where they needed a call to go their way in the final minute.

“That’s why I’m here, to make plays regardless of the situation,” Kaepernick said. “I have to be better back there. I’m here to make plays. I can make people miss. That’s part of my job.”

Sunday’s loss dropped the 49ers to 4-4 on the season, and put them in big trouble in the playoff race. If the 49ers miss the postseason this year, they may look back at that last-second fumble against the Rams as the play that turned their season into a major disappointment.
-----------
Cool story bro.

Except you dropped it in the middle of a scrum and even a goal line cam couldn’t have helped. Maybe hold onto the ball next time.
---------
I know you lost. We all saw it.

Its the Rams at home, son. It shouldn’t come down to short yardage at the goal line.
---------
I know I’m 8-0, even if my record says 4-4.
--------
I thought he scored on the first replay I saw. But then I looked at another view from the side and Kaepernick was much further from the end zone line on the sneak attempt. Regardless, the NFL should put a microchip sensor in the football that will tell the refs if the ball crossed the line.
-------
Its okay Krapernick you just have a case of the Costanza’s…..

“just remember, its not a lie if you believe it”
---------
HAHAHAHAHA!
--------
He really is becoming just like his head coach, a big whiner.

This along with him whining over a penalty that had nothing to do with his team losing to the Bears!
--------
Of course you scored, you just forgot to bring the ball with you.
-------
Wouldn’t have even come to that moment if the refs hadn’t blown the fumble/ td call earlier in the game. The right team won.
---------
Am I the only one that sees him play and thinks he is Uncle Rico? And then, I read this article, and think, he even sounds like Uncle Rico. Next he is going to tell us he would have won State if coach had put him in, and he can throw the ball clear over those mountains…
---------
The Rams had 2 scores taken off the board due to bad calls. This may no have been the right call but it certainly was the just result.
--------
Maybe he couldve held on if he kissed his biceps more often.
--------
Lowest IQ QB in NFL history. I’d be stunned if it was over 40.
--------
Wah wah wah!!!! Hey Klapperdink — hold onto the ball and you won’t have to whine about the refs!!

And — maybe if you could hit your wide receivers more often then the ground, maybe you wouldn’t be throwing your passes into the ground as much.

I’m just glad you gave your nut job head coach more ulcers. But he won’t care when he’s coaching college kids next year.
---------
Is this a freaking joke? Is he really this ignorant?
---------
Rams won that game, the Refs blew two huge calls that would have put the Rams up by two scores anyway. The refs honestly have taken two other victories from the Rams this year. A damn shame

iced

The Calvin Johnson rule (just my understanding) is possessing the ball "through" the catch. So, if the ball moved as he was rolling out of bounds, thats where the CJ rule would apply. The tip of the ball touching the ground is a different rule, the one that was changed because of the NFC Title game in 99. The CJ rule has to with keeping control of the ball through the end of the catch.

right but that's maintaining possession - i contend that he lost control and it hit the ground, thus making it incomplete

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
right but that's maintaining possession - i contend that he lost control and it hit the ground, thus making it incomplete
Yes, and if you watch the play again, his hand isn't 9 very the ball until he rolls over. The ball did move.
In all reality it should be a catch. By the rule, it isn't.
It's a very foolish rule imo.

iced

Yes, and if you watch the play again, his hand isn't 9 very the ball until he rolls over. The ball did move.
In all reality it should be a catch. By the rule, it isn't.
It's a very foolish rule imo.

I agree, but like the Body slam rule - if it's penalty for one (Fluker), it should be a penalty for all (Borland). That's huge too - that would have been a first down inside SF's 15

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I agree, but like the Body slam rule - if it's penalty for one (Fluker), it should be a penalty for all (Borland). That's huge too - that would have been a first down inside SF's 15
I wonder if borland will be getting a fine this week.
Does the league fine players for these types of PF's ?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
A typical Whiner - Kraperdick. Can't take the fact that he blew the game. Gets it from that bonehead baby Harbaugh.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-scored-a-touchdown-even-if-ref-didnt-see-it/

Kaepernick: I know I scored a touchdown, even if ref didn’t see it

kaepernick1.jpeg
AP

Colin Kaepernick says his last play in the 49ers’ loss to the Rams on Sunday should have been ruled a touchdown, not a fumble.

With seconds remaining and the 49ers trailing 13-10, Kaepernick tried to score a touchdown on a quarterback sneak. But the ball came loose, and when the officials unpiled the players, Rams linebacker James Laurinaitis was holding the ball. The ruling on the field was a fumble recovered by the Rams, and no replays definitively showed whether the ball crossed the goal line before Kaepernick lost it.

I know I crossed the line,” Kaepernick said, via CSNBayArea.com. “Yeah, I did bobble the snap, but regardless.”

Kaepernick added that he’s sure he was across the goal line because “I was looking in the end zone” and he saw that he had the ball over the line before he lost control. Kaepernick acknowledged, however, that if he had played better in the first 59 minutes of the game, the 49ers wouldn’t have been in a position where they needed a call to go their way in the final minute.

“That’s why I’m here, to make plays regardless of the situation,” Kaepernick said. “I have to be better back there. I’m here to make plays. I can make people miss. That’s part of my job.”

Sunday’s loss dropped the 49ers to 4-4 on the season, and put them in big trouble in the playoff race. If the 49ers miss the postseason this year, they may look back at that last-second fumble against the Rams as the play that turned their season into a major disappointment.
-----------

Is might just be me.....but I keep hearing this statement in the "McDonald's mighty wing" voice....