What 49ers fans are saying about their dumpster fire of a team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
From here on out, we will refer to the 49ers with this phrase: " Same Old Sorry Ass 49ers!"

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I cordially invite all 49ers fans to cry into my chalice so I can drink your delicious tears.

6S0s27a.jpg

EDIT: Damn, I want this now.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/118223237/ram-drinking-horn-beer-mug-rhyton-royal?ref=market
The greatest thing about that sucker is that you can't put it down. Drink up!!

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Excellent. A mug you can't put down without it falling over. Gotta just keep drinking from it.

Great minds think alike. Maybe I shoulda read all the responses before posting essentially the same comment, haha.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Great minds think alike. Maybe I shoulda read all the responses before posting essentially the same comment, haha.
Let me know when you get to the post where I say you *can* put it down. :p

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me know when you get to the post where I say you *can* put it down. :p
Some day we will drink beers while watching our Rams pummel a helpless opponent and you will learn that I never put a cold beer down.....ever.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/182638-which-49er-retires-next/

Which 49er retires next?

After one more arrest, and one more dumb tweet, the Niners will be due for another retirement. Who's the player that retires?

If you also want to predict the next arrest and dumb tweet, feel free to.

I'm predicting:

1. Next arrest: Jerome Simpson on drug charges

2. Next dumb tweet: Darnell Dockett makes racially insensitive tweet about rich Caucasians.

3. Next retirement: If Eric Reid takes another concussion and he decides to hang them up, I don't think anyone's surprised.
----------
Red Alice
---------
Eric Mangini
---------
49ers retirements have to have this essential "WTF?" quality about them. . Lattimore and Justin aside, which were both expected, we have had amazing "WTF?" retirement moments. So, my choices are:

1. A high draft pick from THIS year. Armstead or Tartt deciding they want to join the Peace Corps, or a monastery.

2. A young player in his prime we've been counting on to replace a departed veteran (like Borland would have replaced Willis). Hyde would be a good one.

3. A player from a comparatively contactless or low playing time position, but on whom we have been counting on. How about our long snapper?
---------
Another brilliant "WTF?" moment would be Tomsula resigning.
--------
The fact that we even have this thread tells you everything you need to know about the 49ers under Jed York.
--------
the fan base is my guess
--------
"Kaepernick quits because hes a hoe"-Matt Barnes
---------
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/182632-what-is-going-on/page8/

What Is Going On?

If the 49ers were a company with stock traded on the NYSE, all the analysts would be saying,"WTFs going on with this management team?" If a company had a sudden talent drain, with this type of mass exodus, they'd have major concerns. They'd be all over the them asking for explanations & strongly considering downgrading the outlook on their stock.

That's what reasonable & logical people do.There is a very serious lack of confidence in this FO with the players, fans, analysts, journalists and it's throwing up more red flags every day.

But for some reason this forum has a disproportionate number of fanboy sycophants that in now way represent the majority of the 49er fans.
---------
Damn

violin.gif
violin.gif
violin.gif
violin.gif

---------
Before any of these early retirements happened, Alex Boone was on record saying Harbaugh worked the guys way too hard, too often. We all know he was great coach, but we also know he was over the top intense, and it didn't always work in his favor.

Just 2 weeks after Boone's remarks, Willis retires out of the blue, saying his body was beat up. Then Borland retires a couple days later, scared to play any further. Now AD retires. Then we take into account the ridiculous number of players placed on IR, and the team becoming increasingly more injury prone, every year under Harbaugh's watch. People were questioning the medical staff, when it probably had more to do with the workload laid out by the coaching staff.

Walsh was a disciplinarian, but he also regularly held light practices to keep his team fresh. He knew when to be the drill sergeant, and when to lay off. Harbaugh never laid off. Parcells was another guy that never laid off, and after he left the Giants, he never lasted more than 4 years anywhere else. How long did Harbaugh last? 4 years. Guys like him wear out their welcome, even when they're great coaches. Tomsula is already making sure not to overwork guys, but when they do work, it's intense.

Taking Boone's remarks into account, and then watching what's unfolded, it makes sense. Many of our players got beat to hell the past few years, so much that the DEA dropped by the facility just to make sure we're not irresponsibly prescribing pain meds. Maybe that was the cost of winning, but I have a very strong suspicion that our methods on the practice field contributed to these injuries. This off-season has been odd, and so was Harbaugh. Not a coincidence.
-------
good thing the other teams in our division are having the same problems
--------
First one to use the appropriate term here, "karma". This is the psychic blowback from how they handled the whole Harbaugh affair. The whole league and everyone in it knows these guys are arrogant, ignorant and no people you want to have your back.
--------
This can't be all "bad luck". There's almost certainly something wrong going on at the depths of the organization. One has to look no further than York and Baalke.
--------
Harbaugh was a vampire of sorts; he just sucked the football life out of the players
--------
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/182033-kaepernick-thread/

Kaepernick Thread

Come on gentlemen, keep it civil.
--------
Fap for Kap
---------
I just did.

I do it with a flexed bicep. I call it Faepernicking.
--------
Looking at the recent analysis by JD on a separate thread, I wonder if CK's instincts are so far off from what you need to be elite, that its highly unlikely that any significant improvement is going to happen unless he spends a ridiculous amount of time going through the same types of reads numerous times and gets it ingrained in himself on how to react to those types of situations.

Maybe that which comes naturally to gifted quarterbacks requires him to actually get by practicing for crazy number of hours. And I wonder if he'll be actually be able to translate those learnings from practice to execution during the stress of the game.

I think last year he took off from the pocket or looked to run more due to the repeated poor pass protection efforts and when the team fell behind the opponent, in the stress of the situation, he just couldnt process things quick enough to see what really should have been done.
-------

in_before_the_lock_3.jpg
--------
It wasn't just personnel that got worse. Our coaching/scheme worked really well that season because teams weren't ready for someone like Kap, plus we had very good complimentary players with different skill sets so teams couldn't assume what we were going to run.

What happened after was we lost some of these players but we also didn't make any changes to the offense assuming well it worked before so it will work again. Problem is other defenses learned how to stop the read offense and suddenly we're super predictable and don't have the personnel to properly execute the way we did before.

Let's be honest when you're using a converted DE turned fullback as your #3 receiver and deep threat....you're doing it wrong.
--------
I feel really bad for Kaep, all you guys have to do is place yourselves in his shoes...

If Kurt Warner suddenly told you that you pretty much wasted 3 years of your career because you haven't learned much about pocket passing, and then all of a sudden that QB coach (who hasnt taught you s**t) is promoted to be your offensive coordinator, what kind of confidence are you going to have going into the season?

My nephew said it from the start, Kaep feels like he's f**ked.
-------
On top of all this:
  1. Studied with statue Warner but has a new QB coach who likes mobile QBs
  2. Lost his best run blocking OLman--Iupati
  3. Lost his best RB blocker--Gore
  4. Lost his HC who always made sure his shoulder pads were tight
  5. Lost his old locker with all the personal notes written in permanent marker
  6. Lost his favorite tattoo artist to arthritis

But he puts up a good front...

Disclaimer: fact checked by Lowell Cohn

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Evan Silva

âś”@evansilva

While you all are watching NBA, I'm contemplating the reality that someone named Frank Cignetti is an actual NFL offensive coordinator.

Follow
X @RamsONDEMAND

@evansilva How can that be any worse than Geep Chryst?
View: https://twitter.com/RamsONDEMAND/status/607719801574715392

From Rotoworld's Evan Silva bio:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2012/12twitter_evansilva.php

What is something unique about you that few would know about?
I'm from St. Louis, which is a baseball town. Yet I write about football.

Favorite NFL Team(s):
Rams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Niners' drop-off could lead to eventual Kaepernick trade
John Clayton

i

Too much to post.
LINK HERE

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I don't get it

Neither does he.

Niners' drop-off could lead to eventual Kaepernick trade
John Clayton

i

Too much to post.
LINK HERE

Some highlights:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...terback-colin-kaepernick-2016-clayton-mailbag

Football is a game of attrition. The first sign of wear and tear was visible on the injury report. The 49ers had only 16 missed starts during the regular season in 2012. Missed starts jumped to 86 in 2013 and went to 92 last year.

The reality is the current 49ers championship run is over.

Which brings us to thoughts about the future of Colin Kaepernick, who makes $19 million per year and is 27 years old. Any team with a good defense -- which I expect the 49ers to have -- and a talented quarterback can sustain success on the field, and an 8-8 season is unlikely to force a QB change unless there are viable replacement alternatives.

But the 49ers might still be tempted to trade Kaepernick to a quarterback-starved franchise for two or three high draft choices, if they found the right deal. They could then look to find a way to come away with a top quarterback prospect in the draft, while retooling other parts of the roster.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, 49ers - good luck getting much for Kaepernick. He's expensive, and teams seem to have figured him out. Oh, and he's a douche.

Sadly (for the 49ers) he is the best they have, and as long as he's around they won't develop anybody else. The one good thing about him is that his contract makes it easy to cut him - not trade, but cut.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Neither does he.

Some highlights:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...terback-colin-kaepernick-2016-clayton-mailbag

Football is a game of attrition. The first sign of wear and tear was visible on the injury report. The 49ers had only 16 missed starts during the regular season in 2012. Missed starts jumped to 86 in 2013 and went to 92 last year.

The reality is the current 49ers championship run is over.

Which brings us to thoughts about the future of Colin Kaepernick, who makes $19 million per year and is 27 years old. Any team with a good defense -- which I expect the 49ers to have -- and a talented quarterback can sustain success on the field, and an 8-8 season is unlikely to force a QB change unless there are viable replacement alternatives.

But the 49ers might still be tempted to trade Kaepernick to a quarterback-starved franchise for two or three high draft choices, if they found the right deal. They could then look to find a way to come away with a top quarterback prospect in the draft, while retooling other parts of the roster.
Ironically, getting rid of Slapperdick might actually make the team better.

So, I hope they don't get rid of him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I was making fun of the name of the OC for the 49ers.

Cignetti is a weird name, and they have a guy named Geep Chryst?

Was referring to Silva, not you. I know better than to mess with the Rodfather. :sneaky: