What 3 positions need most attention?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
LesBaker said:
WR, OL and DL.

S can be covered up by better pressure. I wouldn't spend a pick thee I'd scour the street FA's and use the pick for one of the three I list. IMO those are the three that will help the team in the next two years. Safety.....meh.....not a difference maker very often.
Do. Not. Ever. Discount the impact of a great safety.

(this message is in no way influenced by my having played safety before).

A great safety.....OK I will agree. But I want pretty good to really good DL, OL and WR's. I'll settle for a great safety in a couple of years. There aren't many great ones around.

So either go with my WR, OL, DL.......or......admit you know nothing about football. :ww:

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think our DL and CB's are good enough where we can focus on other areas of the defense. OLB and S is needed.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:
WR, OL and DL.

S can be covered up by better pressure. I wouldn't spend a pick thee I'd scour the street FA's and use the pick for one of the three I list. IMO those are the three that will help the team in the next two years. Safety.....meh.....not a difference maker very often.

A great safety.....OK I will agree. But I want pretty good to really good DL, OL and WR's. I'll settle for a great safety in a couple of years. There aren't many great ones around.

So either go with my WR, OL, DL.......or......admit you know nothing about football. :ww:

Well, I don't know how much more you can invest in the DL. 3 number one picks and a decent FA signing. I guess you still need another rotational guy or two that can create an impact.

OL seems to be a really big gray area. You certainly don't have the big name impact players...but you do have some interesting guys that have potential to develop, though that is a risky way to go.

WR...again, lots of potential for development but nothing certain.

I think the latter 2 definitely are in this discussion...the first one is more of a luxury than a need.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Username said:
Doggy style, reverse cowgirl, and the New England crab cuddler. (in no particular order)
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In all seriousness, I would rank 'em:
1. Safety
2. OG
3. Tie: OLB and WR

I know it's not intuitive given our running game has been good, but we're going to need a 1A RB soon. I really like Richardson, but I don't think he has the size to be a feature back. Steven Jackson isn't getting any younger. In a year or two we will have to get someone who can replace SJax.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
For those of you,,, umm Les,,, discounting our need for a stud safety ...

You need think back no further than London this year. Fucking gronk . TEs are killing us, especially the better ones... its just going to continue until we step our game up at the safety position .

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sum1BTRthnU said:
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:
WR, OL and DL.

Well, I don't know how much more you can invest in the DL. 3 number one picks and a decent FA signing. I guess you still need another rotational guy or two that can create an impact.

OL seems to be a really big gray area. You certainly don't have the big name impact players...but you do have some interesting guys that have potential to develop, though that is a risky way to go.

WR...again, lots of potential for development but nothing certain.

I think the latter 2 definitely are in this discussion...the first one is more of a luxury than a need.

I like the idea of building on a strength and especially that unit since this is a passing league. The Giants have won two SB's in large part because of the pressure they can bring all game long from different combinations of players.

The game has changed. On defense the #1 priority is attack and pressure the QB. On O it's to protect the QB and provide playmakers for him. Thats why I said WR, DL, OL. The Rams can use all three, it won't hurt them a bit LOL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
For those of you,,, umm Les,,, discounting our need for a stud safety ...

You need think back no further than London this year. Fucking gronk . TEs are killing us, especially the better ones... its just going to continue until we step our game up at the safety position .
Yeah, Les brings up a good point about being able to successfully rush the passer with four down linemen, but I think I've reached my Dahl quota for the season. Actually, I think I've had enough to last me the rest of my life. I mean, even if I saw him *flash* once in a while I'd put a little less emphasis on the position. But that's just not happening. And chances are Mikkel is gone next year too.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
3 things come to mind when I think of Dahl ...

Plodding ,,, lumbering ,,, slow.

stan

Rookie
Selassie I said:
3 things come to mind when I think of Dahl ...

Plodding ,,, lumbering ,,, slow.

hands of stone,,,easily dragged downfield

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
X said:
LesBaker said:
WR, OL and DL.

Regardless of the message being influenced or not, I agree with X. Look at the Steelers and Ravens when Polamalu and Reed were in their prime. Hell, look at the teams in our division. Wouldn't anyone want Earl Thomas on our team?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Speaking of safety need...would any of you consider trading a 3rd round pick for Polamalu?

Yeah it's pure fantasy. Never gonna happen.

Pros: Still a beast, teams gameplan around him, blitzer, plays the run, playmaker, etc.

Cons: Older, injuries and concussions piling up.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Angry Ram said:
Speaking of safety need...would any of you consider trading a 3rd round pick for Polamalu?

Pros: Still a beast, teams gameplan around him, blitzer, plays the run, playmaker, etc.

I would in a heartbeat. If nothing more, put a young player with him and let him learn.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
X said:
LesBaker said:
WR, OL and DL.

AMEN-If I have to watch one more year of Craig Dahl I may be terminally sick.
Look what Goldson has done for SF at safety. Love to have something like that.

If nothing else if we can have some significant upgrades at Safety, WR and OL that would be a marked improvement. LB would be nice also but I really would go the other three first. IMO

We need a true #1 receiver. Look at what Amendola does now, imagine if we hade a true threat to take pressure off him? OL- That's been discussed at length. Would be nice to have a consistent OL with people at their natural positions, not a huge band-aide every week.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:

I would in a heartbeat. If nothing more, put a young player with him and let him learn.

Yeah. He's getting up there in age, but he would bring a presence to our D. We dont have anyone in a leadership role that has won at the NFL level, he has. The intangible assets alone he would bring are worth the 3rd rounder, IMO. Any outstanding play, which he is still fully capable of, would be a bonus.

AR you're part Steeler fan. Is there seriously talk of get rid of him? I know they face a bit of a salary crunch, would that be the underlying driver?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
libertadrocks said:
bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:

Yeah. He's getting up there in age, but he would bring a presence to our D. We dont have anyone in a leadership role that has won at the NFL level, he has. The intangible assets alone he would bring are worth the 3rd rounder, IMO. Any outstanding play, which he is still fully capable of, would be a bonus.

AR you're part Steeler fan. Is there seriously talk of get rid of him? I know they face a bit of a salary crunch, would that be the underlying driver?

Oh no way. The guy signed a 4 year contract last year. I just think he could be the type of player that is worth a trade with Will Hill playing well back there. He's only played in 3 games this year and is getting injured more b/c of his style. Maybe it would be best for both parties up there. But again, never gonna happen. All fantasy.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Some good prospects at safety, no Eric Berry or Earl Thomas though imo.