What 3 positions need most attention?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
What three positions do we need to improve in the offseason? Just trying to get a consensus on what everyone is thinking...not really looking for specific players are what route (draft/FA) we need to look but just an idea what positions would greatly improve the team.

Thanks!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Safety
Outside Linebacker
Wide Receiver

(in no particular order)

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Curious to see what Wells brings to the table, but the o-line overall seems to lack toughness.

An upgrade at Tackle
Wide Out
OLB

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Sadly ,,, we NEED to upgrade more than 3.

If I had to pick the top 3...

1) WR Not through the draft... sign a Quality FA

2) OL Tackle, Guard, Center (don't reach for a tackle)

3) Safety A Stud Play-Maker

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Doggy style, reverse cowgirl, and the New England crab cuddler. (in no particular order)

bluecoconuts

Legend
S,WR, OT

After that I would look to OLB and more Olinemen. Flood that position, gotta find some quality somewhere.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
Safety
Outside Linebacker
Wide Receiver

(in no particular order)

Yep.

If I had to put them in order, Id say Wide Receiver > Safety > Outside Linebacker

We really really really need a outside option for Bradford. Danny is great, but at the end of the day he is still a slot guy. An outside threat provides another outlet for Bradford, frees up space for Danny, and opens up more running lanes.

That said this may not be the year to target one in the draft. Im only moderately impressed with all the top prospects. On the other hand there are same STUD LBs and Safeties eligible for the draft this year.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Username said:
Doggy style, reverse cowgirl, and the New England crab cuddler. (in no particular order)

Yeah Boy!!! :lmao:

But in all seriousness"

1 - Safety (Dahl must go or I will personally drive to St. Louis and kick some major a$$)

2 - Outside Linebacker, or move JL to outside and draft Manti T'eo for the middle.

3 - RT (Saffold, Turner, Wells, Dahl are good start)

I think we also look to draft another receiver. IMO, we have been burned too many times with free agency receiver busts (Bennett, Robinson, Sims-Walker, Clayton, and now Smith.) I would rather look to the college ranks and find a receiver that might come from a style of offense some of the college teams run built for the NFL.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ask Josh Freeman how that "questionable" high-priced FA WR turned out for the bucs this year.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Selassie I said:
Ask Josh Freeman how that "questionable" high-priced FA WR turned out for the bucs this year.

Do tell... do tell. I guess I haven't paid much attention to Tampa due to my "wollowing in self-pitty" attitude because of the current RAMS season.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
MontanaRamsFan said:
Selassie I said:

Do tell... do tell. I guess I haven't paid much attention to Tampa due to my "wollowing in self-pitty" attitude because of the current RAMS season.

Vincent Jackson has made all the difference in the world for Freeman. Night and Day over last year.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Safety, OLB, WR.

Though Safety could be changed depending on the development of Daniels and McLeod.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Selassie I said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
Selassie I said:

Vincent Jackson has made all the difference in the world for Freeman. Night and Day over last year.

I thought that was who you were talking about. Question... who out there is available?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
MontanaRamsFan said:
Selassie I said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
Selassie I said:

I thought that was who you were talking about. Question... who out there is available?

Not sure. Hopefully a few that will command big contracts because of their on-field resumes. Sam deserves at least one more already developed WR on the field with Danny. A true outside WR. I think Wallace from Pitt might be a possibility, but again, not sure who might me there for us to make a run at. I do wholeheartedly believe that it will be more than worth the investment.

Quick will probably need another year or two in order to come into his own.... Givens maybe another year as well.

This offense is going to continue to remain stagnant until we step up our experience/talent level at WR. It's time baby.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Selassie I said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
Selassie I said:

The Rams problem with FA WRs since Bennett is the lack of desire to get into a bidding war. That might change next year depending on the quality of choices.

Btw, Jackson is more the exception than the rule. Of course, everyone who signs one thinks they have the exception.

I think Fisher is dedicated to developing his young receivers (Quick, Givens & Pettis). Which doesn't mean they won't draft a receiver, or sign one.

Safety, OLB & RT. There's gotta be someone better than B.Richardson. He might even be on the roster, but Snead and Fisher won't settle for adequate this offseason.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Selassie I said:
Bennett was certainly no Vincent Jackson.
Hence the hesitation to go after FA WRs. The Rams FO carried far too much baggage from the Linehan days. I don't think Fisher even cares about the Rams' recent past.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
WR, OL and DL.

S can be covered up by better pressure. I wouldn't spend a pick thee I'd scour the street FA's and use the pick for one of the three I list. IMO those are the three that will help the team in the next two years. Safety.....meh.....not a difference maker very often.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
WR, OL and DL.

S can be covered up by better pressure. I wouldn't spend a pick thee I'd scour the street FA's and use the pick for one of the three I list. IMO those are the three that will help the team in the next two years. Safety.....meh.....not a difference maker very often.
Do. Not. Ever. Discount the impact of a great safety.

(this message is in no way influenced by my having played safety before).