Westbrooks' Tattoo On His Face - To Keep Himself From Ever Getting A Normal Job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We all do things we come to regret. Whether his success has something to do with the penis on his face is strictly psychological. Keep doing what your doing, man.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man this guy seems to have some issues. Little worried.
He's from Oakland, one of the toughest areas anywhere, but, I think "he get's it" and appreciates this amazing opportunity he's been given.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I don't have any ink. I used to say that I'd get a Ram tat of some kind as soon as john shaw was no longer a part of the team. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait till he dies to get it now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
They're actually cracking down on Tattoo's, at least the Navy is... They started new regs I think in '06 - not allowed to have any tattoo's that can't be covered by the uniform basically (no more sleeves/half sleeves)

Yeah the Army and Marines are too. It's a way to weed out the salty guys with multiple deployments. Transitioning to a peace time force again, they want guys to go by the books. By tightening restrictions they can get out a lot of the guys who do things unconventional, but works best during combat. Those guys tend to create a different military that doesn't put up with the BS. Even in the JSOC world they did it, pissed a lot of guys off and they left. Exactly what the military wants.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I think that he should have gotten "sacks now, pay later" on his forehead!

wrstdude

Rookie
they have but their popularity has ebbed and flowed in our society and are pop culture manifestations which changes,IMO the impetus behind the current resurgence is traceable to gangs and the exporting of prison culture to the streets ,they are though one of the more innocuous examples.
that's why I say they are fad

Wiki

A fad is any form of behavior that develops among a large population and is collectively followed enthusiastically for a period of time, generally as a result of the behavior being perceived as popular by one's peers or being deemed "cool" by social media.[1] A fad is said to "catch on" when the number of people adopting it begins to increase rapidly. The behavior will normally fade quickly once the perception of novelty is gone.[1]

The specific nature of the behavior associated with a fad can be of any type including language usage, apparel, financial investment and even food. Apart from general novelty, fads may be driven by mass media programming, emotional excitement, peer pressure, or the desire of "being hip

I'm not much of a tattoo historian, but I would guess that the tattoo culture in America really took off in the early 70s and never looked back. Tattoos have only gained in popularity as the years have gone on mostly due to cultural acceptance. One survey I found said 36 percent of adults 18-25 and 40 percent of adults 26-40 say they have one. Now, there's no way to determine how long a fad lasts, but in order for it to be a fad, there has to be a decline. I don't see anything in the numbers that suggests a decline.

Cultural acceptance, to me, suggests that tattoos won't be going anywhere. Will they be as important as they are to Polynesian culture? Probably not, but Polynesians are a great example of the exact opposite stigma formerly attached to tattoos in America.