Were the Rams going 7-9 in 2010 a fluke?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Were the Rams a fluke in 2010?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters

Lesson

Oh, really?
Wins were against:

Seahawks(Home)
Cardinals(Road)
Redskins(Home)
Broncos(Road)
Chargers(Home)
Panthers(Home)
49ers(Home)

Only one of those wins were against a team that finished above .500(Chargers).

Losses were against:

Seahawks(Road)
Raiders(Road)
49ers(Road)
Cardinals(Home)
Chiefs(Home)
Saints(Road)
Falcons(Home)
Buccaneers(Road)
Lions(Road)

4 losses were against teams with a sub .500 record, 4 above .500, 1 at .500

Were the Rams just a fluke or did that team show what a healthy team in the future could be?

steferfootball

Starter
I voted no. I said it then, and I'll say it now, but that team was still devoid of talent. It was an easy schedule, and the Rams won more games than how good they were, but I do think they were on to something.

Everyone blew us out in 09. There was a world of difference if you just consider this.

Lesson

Oh, really?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
steferfootball said:
Everyone blew us out in 09. There was a world of difference if you just consider this.

9 losses of 10+ points.

I understand the circumstances. But still, that is unacceptable.

23 of the Rams 38 losses during Spags' tenure were by 10+ points.

That's crazy.

superfan24

Starter
I voted no too. There were so many close games that the Rams shoulda won too. Such as Arizona at home, Oakland, and Tampa Bay. O ya and got screwed in SF. We are gonna be pretty damn good next year with everyone healthy because of the foundation that BD and Spags put together.

steferfootball

Starter
Lesson said:
steferfootball said:

9 losses of 10+ points.

I understand the circumstances. But still, that is unacceptable.
I am referring to 2009 vs 2010.

2010 we were -39 net points. 2009 we were -261. Basically that is what I was getting at.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
no. I think we should have won 3 more games.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No way. You don't win 7 games by "fluke." Especially in the NFL, you earn most of those games except those few in b/w won by pure luck whether it be by a ref missing a call or a fumble going a certain way.

We damn near could've lost the Chargers game if Jackson didn't go that last 3rd down, and could've lost the Broncos game.

Had that happened, it would've been 5-11.

Of course if Clifton Ryan ran a little bit faster, and that ref didn't call Robbins on a BS roughing penalty, and the phantom PI on Atogwe vs. SF, they might've been 10-6. Yeah I said it.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The strength of schedule helped, but remember, we did have a stretch of 3 straight road games and won the first 2.

(Lesson, the game against Denver was in Denver.)

We all watched the games. We convincingly won 5 of those 7 games, and lost 4 games we could have won. That's not a fluke in the NFL.

There was a lot of praise aimed at Spags (and Devaney) last year, and now they're both gone. I find that incredibly short sighted.

Morris and Haley won more games last year, and they're gone too, but they had other problems in house that led to their terminations. Spags was let go because of impatience and the almighty NFL bottom line.

But I agree that Spags' roster decisions may have contributed to his firing. IMO, Spags preferred a seasoned defense, but that didn't help him at all through the first 6 games. How many weeks went by before Chamberlain got his chance at Will?

Lesson

Oh, really?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
(Lesson, the game against Denver was in Denver.)

Typo. My mistake. :oops:

Anyways, I agree with you for the most part. The thing with Haley, though, is what I believe is tension with Pioli. From what's been said about Spags and Billy D., that wasn't a problem(though Spags' statement leads others to think otherwise). And the players flat out quit on Raheem.

I will say this, though. Spags didn't lose the locker room like Linehan did, didn't allow punks like Incognito to have a place here(Dahl isn't a punk, just a complete bad ass) and is one of the classiest coaches that I know of.