Were our expectations too high?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
It's obvious that the start of the season has not been a good one. Many of us thought that the team would win 7-10 games this year, but right now it looks like a 4-5 game winning team. The defense which should have been a strength of this team is getting scorched. The offense still looks like it has trouble moving the ball down the field. Both sides of the team look terrible in the first half, but in general have looked better.

Maybe with a team full of 1st or 2nd year players we should have tempered our expectations a bit. It does take a couple of years for football players to become very good at what they do. It might be because this team is so young it has difficulty adjusting so quickly. This is probably more true for the offense which in general is just full of young players.

Maybe last year's 7-8-1 record was a fluke. Last year no one was gunning for us, no one was doing much in the offseason to game plan for us. It may have also helped that it was the regime's first year, so there was nothing to game plan against. In either case, it might be that opposing coaches have been more concerned about our team and
spent a lot more time game planning during the offseason. I don't think we'll catch too many teams napping next year

What I am most concerned about this year was our defense. The unit has the talent to definitely be a top 10 defense, maybe top 5. But right now the defense looks intimidated. Last year the defense took it to them. This year it seems like we let the opposing offenses dictate the game to us. This 10 yard cushion crap is driving my crazy. It gives the opposing offense the ability to get a quick 8-10 yards and does not allow our defensive line (which should be one of the best in the NFL) enough time to pressure the QB.

Hell, the entire team just looks disinterested. They don't seem like they come out fired up. They look confused and uninspired. I don't know who the leaders in the locker room are, but they need to step it up.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Appartently yes...The defense is atrocious and last year it was very good and got better as the season progressed. The offense is still coordinated by the unimaginative & dull Brian Schottenheimer regardless of what players he has available.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Though I thought they'd have a better chance against the Falcons than the Cowboys, I actually expected a 1-2 record after 3 games.

My biggest concern is how they have looked doing it.