We're going 8-8

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
...in 2015, that's my prediction.

Fisher will retain Schottenheimer. Bradford will play the entire season but we won't be creative enough to take advantage of it, we'll start slow, put together some nice games against some really good teams but ultimately fail to put together any real run. All of which leads to an 8-8 record.

At the end of the day fans will be greatful because 7-8-1, 7-9, 6 to 8 wins and 8-8 is stable and consistent and it could be worse we could still have Spags.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I predict that Jim McElwain will hire Jim Haslett as his defensive coordinator. Now we're even!;)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
We'll go 8-8 if we fail to replace the interior OL. Otherwise, even with Schotty we will challenge for the division.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
We'll go 8-8 if we fail to replace the interior OL. Otherwise, even with Schotty we will challenge for the division.

I'm not as down on the OL as some.

Yes, they were freaking awful Thursday, and they've struggled at times this year. But games like the Arizona game are gonna happen. Sometimes you play a good defense and just get beat up. It happens to even good o-lines.

I still say QB is a far bigger need. I realize even Manning would have been terrible vs AZ. But in a game like that, all it takes is one or two extra plays, and that's the difference.

Look at the high throws on freaking 5 yard passes, especially the one to Sted at the end, where he had room to run. I think a better QB completes that throw and a handful of other throws, and that's the difference between winning losing the game, even if it's ugly.

I'm not saying ignore the o-line this offseason, but don't go crazy either.

Robinson with a year under his belt and a chance to focus only on LT in camp will be a huge upgrade by itself. The guy is a monster. Just develop him, and I think he can be elite.

Beyond that, I think you sign a FA center (Wisniewski? De La Puenta?) and draft one or two guys between rounds 3 and 7 ( maybe the 2nd rd), but that's it.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm not as down on the OL as some.

Yes, they were freaking awful Thursday, and they've struggled at times this year. But games like the Arizona game are gonna happen. Sometimes you play a good defense and just get beat up. It happens to even good o-lines.

I still say QB is a far bigger need. I realize even Manning would have been terrible vs AZ. But in a game like that, all it takes is one or two extra plays, and that's the difference.

Look at the high throws on freaking 5 yard passes, especially the one to Sted at the end, where he had room to run. I think a better QB completes that throw and a handful of other throws, and that's the difference between winning losing the game, even if it's ugly.

I'm not saying ignore the o-line this offseason, but don't go crazy either.

Robinson with a year under his belt and a chance to focus only on LT in camp will be a huge upgrade by itself. The guy is a monster. Just develop him, and I think he can be elite.

Beyond that, I think you sign a FA center (Wisniewski? De La Puenta?) and draft one or two guys between rounds 3 and 7 ( maybe the 2nd rd), but that's it.

I disagree wholeheartedly. It's true that Hill sucked but they won because they beat us on the lines. They established a run game that allowed them to win with a scrub under center. And they prevented us from moving forward simply by beating the OL. What Robinson does is irrelevant because he's not been the problem. I truly believe that the interior OL is our largest problem.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I disagree wholeheartedly. It's true that Hill sucked but they won because they beat us on the lines. They established a run game that allowed them to win with a scrub under center. And they prevented us from moving forward simply by beating the OL. What Robinson does is irrelevant because he's not been the problem. I truly believe that the interior OL is our largest problem.

Yeah, but do you agree games like this happen? I mean, even the GSOT was dominated by the Bucs in the NFC Championship game.

I think we should find some o-line help, with modest pickups like I mentioned, so we have fewer games like that. I think we should upgrade the line to a degree.

But I still say a better QB makes 2-3 extra plays in that game, and that could be the difference. I think it's our biggest need, but o-line is a need too.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yeah, but do you agree games like this happen? I mean, even the GSOT was dominated by the Bucs in the NFC Championship game.

I think we should find some o-line help, with modest pickups like I mentioned, so we have fewer games like that. I think we should upgrade the line to a degree.

But I still say a better QB makes 2-3 extra plays in that game, and that could be the difference. I think it's our biggest need, but o-line is a need too.

We do need both. Part of the reason I'm for going OL is the fact that I'm underwhelmed by the QBs in this draft. Outside of some sort of rare trade, or Bradford returning, I don't think we will see much better QB play next year. So, IMO fixing the OL to keep Bradford upright or help out QB X with the run game seems much more important to me. But who knows what 2015 will bring.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
1366406692_gary-coleman-sass.jpg

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Are you guys fuckin kidding me?

Seriously.

AZ is good and we got beat.

But make no mistake: We are much MUCH better now than any other 8-8 Rams team I've ever seen!

We're only going to get better.

11- 5.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think there is a real chance of going 8-8 if we don't have a serious back up QB next year. Personally, I know I'm not putting all the eggs in the Bradford basket next year. We gotta get somebody or groom somebody with the mentality that our Playoff hopes rest in them without breaking the bank. It's a heck of a position to be in.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I see that as a possibility if Bradford goes down again and we don't have a contingency plan behind him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you guys freakin kidding me?

Seriously.

AZ is good and we got beat.

But make no mistake: We are much MUCH better now than any other 8-8 Rams team I've ever seen!

We're only going to get better.

11- 5.

100% serious. How many chances have we had to make that next step? We had a tonne of hype going into last season, 7-9, we had a tonne of hype going into this season, 6 to 8 wins. We were hyped going into San Diego, we were hyped going into Thursday night. I've realised, that's all it is, hype.

Some coaches find a way to win, but some coaches find a way to win enough games not to get fired.

Alan

Legend
Rams and Gators buckling under the pressure:
...in 2015, that's my prediction.
It must be the pressure of having only $4 million ROD bucks that's causing your negativity. I just gave you some money so I expect a complete turnaround when it comes to that negative attitude you've developed lately.

Did you say 12-4 and a SB appearance? (y)

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
100% serious. How many chances have we had to make that next step? We had a tonne of hype going into last season, 7-9, we had a tonne of hype going into this season, 6 to 8 wins. We were hyped going into San Diego, we were hyped going into Thursday night. I've realised, that's all it is, hype.

Some coaches find a way to win, but some coaches find a way to win enough games not to get fired.

I dunno, I'm convinced that we can go past the .500 hump simply because we'll have continuity with this defense. Most of the peeps were on Williams's case during the first five games but once the players understood the system, they just exploded. Add that with the hindsight offense we were playing with Davis, I can imagine us beating the Cowboys and Eagles had our midseason defense played those games.

We've seen what we can do against Championship teams (Broncos, 49ers, and Seahawks). Overall, we're an enigma at this point but I can see where you're getting at. Hopefully you're wrong and we get past the .500 hump because even I'm losing my patience to build a winning season.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Look man we're gonna get better. We've had the toughest schedule in the league, or one of the toughest, paired with the youngest team and a new dc every year. Look at our issues in the beginning of the year the last couple years, it's cause the defense had issues early on. I don't see that happening next year.

On top of that, we're going to have far fewer first or second year starters which means more experience.