Wentz Injured

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
wow... sucks. that's at least 6 weeks isn't it?

They hope to get him back before the end of preseason. I guess it depends on the severity of the fracture. When I fractured my hand, it was 5 weeks roughly. Shitty, considering preseason was basically his only chance to get game action.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Question for you NFL folks. I know in college, red shirting somebody can save eligibility. But what's the benefit of red shirting in the NFL?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This is why it's dumb to put your early first round pick with the 3rd and 4th stingers. It's pointless and will just get them hurt. I hope Goff surpasses Keenum so our 2nd or 3rd string doesn't get JG killed.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm bummed for Wentz.. I wanted him to win the starting job eventually. Him and Lynch are connected to Goff and I wanted them all to play the majority of the 2016 season.

He will be set back an extra month or so... Now he surely can't start (if he ever was) until closer to the mid season mark.. Goff will no doubt get hit tonight but if he takes off like a RB, he better get down and slide his skinny little California ass! I'm not even playing :redcard:

Last edited:

Athos

Legend
So much for the illusion of being "bigger" meaning durability for Wentz.

Big difference having NFL guys hit ya and the caliber D players he had hitting him in college.

All said, keep the first team O-Line in when Goff plays if I were you. Some guys play reckless desperate to make a play to make the team.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Question for you NFL folks. I know in college, red shirting somebody can save eligibility. But what's the benefit of red shirting in the NFL?
none....you learn by playing...you can learn a little on the sidelines...but it really won't prepare you for the speed, physicality, and the nuances of the actual game.....

This is why it's dumb to put your early first round pick with the 3rd and 4th stingers.
I think I just saw the play too...that blitzer #44.
No fucking reason to play an asset like your future starting QB behind a shaky line....same with Bradford behind Jake "just off an injured back/acl" Long...makes no sense...
If we don't keep our starters in...at least put the good returning backups in there...I'm cool with Williams, Reynolds, Wichman, and, and ....scared of Rhaney, Donnal, and, hell even Barnes....Don't know about Battle...Keep G-Rob in there, he needs the work...

So much for the illusion of being "bigger" meaning durability for Wentz.
C'mon athos, some of the hits he was taking would have killed a smaller guy...He was standing in the pocket, taking his medicine...delivering the ball. He just has cracked ribs...lucky he didn't break a collarbone or something...bigger, all other things being equal, is usually better.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wentz got hammered. But Eagles have abundance a QB's.

No more Goff/Wentz comparisons this pre-season. That's sure to pizz off a lot of talking heads.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz seemed to be a more agressive running QB in college than Goff, which might not be a good thing in the NFL for him..Still, no joy for the injury..I liked the kid and would have loved to have him here in LA if he had been the choice.

A55VA6

Legend
He got hit quite a bit.. that really sucks for him because now he might miss the rest of preseason. Could really set him back.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He got hit quite a bit.. that really sucks for him because now he might miss the rest of preseason. Could really set him back.

Yeah I saw all his plays. That line did him know favours. Was getting hit nearly every play and running for his life. Great support system they gave him.

KDS73

Rookie
Wasn't gonna play this season anyway, but it will push his development back.

Looks like he took a helmet right to the ribs.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What a wuss. Fragile Sam got pummelled almost every time he dropped back last season and still played in 14 games.