Went to Watch Highlights on ESPN...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
And I got three straight videos of Michael Sam lol. I actually thought that died down a bit. It was one of the last things I was thinking about. Evidently, ESPN beleives thats all that really happened. I'm kinda bummed, I really wanted to see what they saw of the game. But hey, I take everything ESPN says with a lot of salt. They're very biased but its still entertains me.

Last edited:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Well, it's a preseason game in which neither starting QB played and plenty of other Rams starters were out. Sam was one of the most interesting stories left. Robinson, Donald, Sam. Those were the 3 most interesting guys to watch for me.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I was checking out the stats because I missed the 1st qtr in LA Traffic (FML, seriously 405/605/10!?) and while I'm reading them I hear "Michael Sam this, Michael Sam that, Michael sam" in the background videos playing and I'm thinking what about this Chris Long INT!? where is this... I want to see this!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This too shall pass.
The novelty of everything eventually wears off.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Story of Sam tonight: he was effective. Looks to have a nice inside lead on a roster spot and could provide some nice QB pressures as part of the DL rotation. Work on ST helps.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was checking out the stats because I missed the 1st qtr in LA Traffic (FML, seriously 405/605/10!?) and while I'm reading them I hear "Michael Sam this, Michael Sam that, Michael sam" in the background videos playing and I'm thinking what about this Chris Long INT!? where is this... I want to see this!

Exactly, Long's pick was the best play of the game. Bailey had a sweet TD, too. Like I said, it's a bummer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am actually rooting for Sam to be in the final cut, so this type of coverage goes away, but I don't think it will happen.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This too shall pass.
The novelty of everything eventually wears off.
nope, no way. the nfl marketing dept will exploit this all the way to a Ram SB victory in SF 2016

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just like most things on TV these days, you have to filter through to things you actually give a damn about. And sometimes, you'll find that the reporters actually will touch on what is important to you. In this case, that would be Ram's football plays.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's wrong with good press? That makes no sense to me...

Because he was the only Ram they talked about. The ONLY Ram they talked about. I've actually never seen that before when looking up highlights for a game. That's bologna.

I really liked the way Sam played, I think he makes this team. He only got that much coverage for being the first openly gay player. I just thought it wasnt suppose to matter. He's getting fair within treatment but well beyond his fair share of attention by the media. It's not like that's his fault, though. I'm ticked at ESPN for giving really crappy coverage of our TEAM. Not the first time I can say that! Lol

ESPN sucks, again! Nothing new, really...

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Michael Sam did well I thought. You don't become SEC DPotY (co or not) for nothing.

He's got pass rush skills and has ST value.

Put him and the DL is the most complete unit in the league. If Michael Sam is your 5th DE, something is going good.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't consider good press. It focuses on one player and ignores the rest. I am selfish I guess but I want to watch highlights of the team, not just one guy.

I see it as good press. I'd rather them focus on one Ram player doing good things, than players getting in trouble. It's not like there's no where else to get highlights.

Because he was the only Ram they talked about. The ONLY Ram they talked about. I've actually never seen that before when looking up highlights for a game. That's bologna.

I really liked the way Sam played, I think he makes this team. He only got that much coverage for being the first openly gay player. I just thought it wasnt suppose to matter. He's getting fair within treatment but well beyond his fair share of attention by the media. It's not like that's his fault, though. I'm ticked at ESPN for giving really crappy coverage of our TEAM. Not the first time I can say that! Lol

ESPN sucks, again! Nothing new, really...

Again, there are plenty of places to get highlights. I just don't see how them focusing on one of our guys for the first preseason game, one where we sat a bunch of guys from the get go, and we ended up losing is such a big deal. If Bradford was to play I bet there would have been attention on him coming back. I just don't see why we need to be upset about them focusing on Sam and wishing he's cut for it. Seems silly. I mean they never try during preseason, if Sam wasn't on the team they probably would have just focused on the Saints instead of the Rams. I mean I've seen them skip over Ram TDs many times in regular season coverage, in which the Rams game gets 1 minute of coverage or less while other teams get 4-5 minutes. In regular season! Frankly I'm glad they're focusing on Sam because eventually they're going to have to notice the rest of the team, and that's going to get us on TV.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I get the feeling a lot of the media is rooting for Sam to fail. I watched the highlights and the commentator that wasn't Michael Irvin said something utterly stupid "Sam took advantage of poor play." Irvin corrected him.