Well Played Schotty

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Very well done. A good offense will make this defense even more dangerous.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yes hard to debate the play calling very well done, now let's head to Washington and let's win there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PazVK4G.jpg

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Coach Fisher said that those were mostly checks by Shaun Hill.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Nothing I saw changed my mind about Schotty. I am not judging him by wins, just how the offense played. He did have a nice 1st quarter with every score going off of scripted plays.

2nd half is what I expected, no change in play calls. Nothing about his play calls were bad. Just average as usual for him........then I remembered that they had just played the Raiders.

Not impressed.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nothing I saw changed my mind about Schotty. I am not judging him by wins, just how the offense played. He did have a nice 1st quarter with every score going off of scripted plays.

2nd half is what I expected, no change in play calls. Nothing about his play calls were bad. Just average as usual for him........then I remembered that they had just played the Raiders.

Not impressed.

It's ok to call crappy runs when up 30, not 3.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Not impressed.
I thought the play calls in the second half were just as good as the first half but the execution sucked. You just can't put that on the OC. Everyone in the EJD knew the game was over and they were going through the motions. It is still on the players to put in the effort.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Not impressed.
All plays are scripted. If you're talking about the first drive, that's every team that does that. After that, it's situational playcalling.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
We've been saying he needs to use Tavon better, he did that.
We've been saying he need a to be less predictable, he did that.

I don't care if we were playing the pee wee champs of the world, we put up 21 points in the 1st quarter and that's damn good play calling and execution.

Hate on him if you want to, he got it done today.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think the adjustment made at the half was quite simple...don't turn the ball over.

It seemed very vanilla. It was my impression that they stopped attacking the Raiders scheme and simply wanted to get the game over at that point. Can't say that is a bad strategy to have when up 38-0 at the half.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We could score 50 every week and it wouldn't matter to some.
Shotty isn't the problem. He's not even a problem.

Build the oline and solidify our qb situation and we win more games. A lot more games. Most of us here already know that. (y)

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Like I said, not impressed. I'm not hating on him.........I am consistent on how I see Schotty. People are excited about the win so they want to stay positive.....that's fine.

Schotty and the offense didn't score 50. The defense also got them the ball in prime field position all day long. The team scored 50, but it's fairly clear that the two most important factors in todays game were:

1. The Rams awesome Defense
2. Playing the worst team in the NFL = The Raiders

:sneaky: