Well, I just finished re-watching the Texans game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Just a few comments that I haven’t seen widely reported already.

You have to wrap up this Kelly kid when tackling. Otherwise, he often makes you look foolish. Exhibit A for why size doesn’t count for everything. It’s amazing to watch.

I can’t recall ever seeing an OL that cross trains like this one. Honestly, Kromer can seemingly shuffle these backup players at will. And does. Lol. Major kudos.

Yep, Hemingway sucked as much as I thought when I watched originally.

Don’t be fooled by Mannion’s string of completions stats. Many were 3-4 yarders. So many missed and/or poorly thrown balls by him. My opinion is unchanged. We can, and must do better.

Kiser wraps up when he tackles. I mean, textbook wrap ups, something that Ogletree never mastered.

This might seem like heresy to some, but I’m just gonna say it. When I was watching Ebu, he didn’t impress me at all. Felt like he was just going through the motions. Just sayin’.

Longacre was a pleasant surprise and he certainly made his presence known. Easy player to root for, huh?

Honestly, the depth on OL is light years ahead of ‘16. I think they keep 10, even after JB comes off suspension. Gonna be some hairsplitting OL cuts this year and a few of those will get snapped up elsewhere, I think.

Heck, DL and LB cuts are gonna be excruciating, too. Nice problem to have, I suppose.

Those 7 snaps with the Ram starting D gave us a brief glimpse of the future. Especially when AD returns, this D is gonna be beastly.

When I think about this projected O, D, and ST, I see a 12-4 record, maybe even better. I see a team that is not only loaded but is exceptionally well coached. Right down to Reggie and Rath. I see lopsided scores in Rams favor. I see a deep playoff run where anything can happen.

This is gonna be a great year to be a Ram fan, y’all. Bank it.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
This might seem like heresy to some, but I’m just gonna say it. When I was watching Ebu, he didn’t impress me at all. Felt like he was just going through the motions. Just sayin’.

I honestly haven't been able to see a full game, yet, just bits and pieces, but this surprises me. Can you elaborate on this more, 43?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Nice write up once again. I’m slightly concerned about our pass rush. Without Donald, we really don’t have anyone who can get after the QB.

I hear Robert Quinn is killin it right now. We might miss him.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Appreciate the review Rams43. Good stuff! Always good top hear positives about Kiser and Kelly. They will make our team better if they keep progressing.

As for Hemingway...dude just doesn't have it. His head ain't right. Never has been, never will be.

Agree with Legatron4 about the pass rush. I'm concerned too. Combine that with a suspect run D and we may need to put up some big points on O. We'll give up yards once again IMO, but we'll live and die on our ability to cause turnovers on D. Better hope Talib and Peters come down with a few INT's and/or pick 6's.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hear Robert Quinn is killin it right now. We might miss him.

Well, I have not watched him and the Phins are 0-3 in preseason, but I wish the best for the Mighty Quinn, he was special for the Los Angeles Rams, but the Rams needed to move him for the cap space almost makes you wish now with the deep pockets of ESK, there was no hard cap.

Ram65

Legend

I was wondering about him too. Didn't look at him all the time but, sometimes. He did not seem to made a difference.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I honestly haven't been able to see a full game, yet, just bits and pieces, but this surprises me. Can you elaborate on this more, 43?

Well, I don’t want to make a big deal of it, Farr. And I didn’t watch every single snap of Ebu, or anyone else, for that matter.

Best I can describe is that when I did watch him, he didn’t flash. Even when against the Texan backups.

Other Rams that I watched occasionally flashed.

Price
Lawler
Clements
Day
Longacre
Kiser

And on and on...

Maybe Ebu just had an off day? Or he had better snaps when I was focused on someone else? I’m certainly not panicking, but I am saying that I expected a lot more after the camp reports and some of Wade and McVay’s praise.

The Ramowl

Starter
Well, I have not watched him and the Phins are 0-3 in preseason, but I wish the best for the Mighty Quinn, he was special for the Los Angeles Rams, but the Rams needed to move him for the cap space almost makes you wish now with the deep pockets of ESK, there was no hard cap.

In European soccer, teams that get very rich very quick from outer sources are generally denied their achievements under the "of course with millions anyone can win". At least with the cap, no one can accuse you of that !

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Appreciate the review Rams43. Good stuff! Always good top hear positives about Kiser and Kelly. They will make our team better if they keep progressing.

As for Hemingway...dude just doesn't have it. His head ain't right. Never has been, never will be.

Agree with Legatron4 about the pass rush. I'm concerned too. Combine that with a suspect run D and we may need to put up some big points on O. We'll give up yards once again IMO, but we'll live and die on our ability to cause turnovers on D. Better hope Talib and Peters come down with a few INT's and/or pick 6's.

Thanks for the kind words, ProGen.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the pass rush, frankly.

Our D starters have only had a total of 7 snaps this entire PS, but I’m certain that they will be dramatically better come opening day. Especially when Wade gets tricky with his scheming.

I predict that any concerns about pass rush and run D will evaporate quickly when our starters are unleashed rather than seeing our backups vs other team’s starters.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Rams need a pass rushing threat at OLB, just a staple of a Wade Phillips 3-4 or whatever scheme you want to call it. Not saying it can't come from what's on the roster, but it's paramount. Guys start throwing up risky balls passes with Talib, Peters, NRC and Sam Shield back there, it's over.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It's funny how everyone's tune is changing on our future OLB's. It's going to be an issue this year and there's no way around it. We dumped too many proven players for unproven ones. It was bound to happen.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I think about this projected O, D, and ST, I see a 12-4 record, maybe even better. I see a team that is not only loaded but is exceptionally well coached. Right down to Reggie and Rath. I see lopsided scores in Rams favor. I see a deep playoff run where anything can happen.

Other than injuries to key players, I just don't see how this team won't be a major force in the NFL this year... just can't see it. And, if they sign Donald?

I said this to my son the other day... then I said... yeah, but it's the Rams, so I don't count anything out. :LOL::oops:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
It's funny how everyone's tune is changing on our future OLB's. It's going to be an issue this year and there's no way around it. We dumped too many proven players for unproven ones. It was bound to happen.

I don’t know, Jacob. I see 1-2 pleasant surprises emerging out of this group. Despite reports on this thread, I think Samson will be one of those.

I think Wade has got this.

The other might be Longacre, if he is healthy, or Price, Lawler or Ryan Davis, Easley, EVEN Okoronkwo, who’s season is not necessarily done.

Too many guys that have to be busts there. In a Phillips defense, with Brockers, Suh and Donald blowing up the middle?

Our edge play will be a strength. Book it.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don’t know, Jacob. I see 1-2 pleasant surprises emerging out of this group. Despite reports on this thread, I think Samson will be one of those.

The other might be Longacre, if he is healthy, or Price, Lawler or Ryan Davis, Easley, EVEN Okoronkwo, who’s season is not necessarily done.

Too many guys that have to be busts there. In a Phillips defense, with Brockers, Suh and Donald blowing up the middle?

Of course I hope you're right. I just don't see it with the guys we currently have. I think they are 5-7 sack guys. Not saying that is terrible but it's not good either. Realistically we can't be stacked at EVERY position on defense. The Rams are going to have a tremendous pass-rush with AD, Suh, and Brockers. Not to mention our secondary that should be one of the best to date. I just fear there was too much turnover with the LB crew but time will tell.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a great write up. Cant add anything other than to say thanks for posting!

Rams43

Hall of Fame

Just to clarify, Farr, I’m Not bailing on Ebu just yet. It was almost a throwaway line in my post when I said he failed to impress in this game. While that is the way I saw it, it was a small sample size.

Like you, I feel that Wade has got this. And I also feel that he has more options at LB than he can keep on the 53.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Our edge rusher play will be a strength. Book it.
Last season our edge performance was inconsitant & gave way too many opportunities to our opponents with Quinn & Barwin as starters. The DL rotation also had its problems too.

Rams stand to improve the NT post seriously with Suh as the starter. Last season we tried Tanzel Smart & Tyrunn Walker along with 3 & 5 tech DL Westbrooks. Now we have All Pro Suh & new rookie Real Bonified Nose Tackle Sebastian Joseph Day to go along if they want to insert Brockers & Westbrooks. Five tech Brockers has a younger rookie version buddy named John Frankiln-Myers to spell him if they slip Brockers back to the Nose.

The 3 tech is also full of players Donald, Westbrooks & Easley dying to give the future HOF'ers some relief. Those 7 DL'ers are going to bring the fierce heat from all those positions.

Now to the edge players ....this season with Matt Longacre, Ebukam, Ejuan Price, Justin Lawler & Trevon Young just need to continue to apply the pressure /hold the edge & contain like they have this pre season & whatever front five Wade throws onto the field will raise havoc.