Well here it is.... (Dome Proposal)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
There's an article by Burwell: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 0c569.html

I actually totally agree with him. If you look at the plans, they call for things that doesn't necessarily help the Rams out. It may allow the team to raise ticket prices, but the real advantage will be for the city to get new conventions/events brought there. Most of the improvements are things like a better sound system, a "party zone" which would be used for big events like NCAA finals or a Superbowl, improved access at the entry points, improved lighting, etc. I'm no longer a St. Louis resident, but I would be in favor of supporting this if I were. This really is something that can be used for the betterment of area. I wonder if the city/county/state will see it that way.

StlSmitty

UDFA
X said:
Lesson said:
I know that the NFL has some sort of fund which covers $300 million for a new stadium. Dunno if that could be used for the renovation, but it would certainly help the city and probably the team in terms of cost for renovating the Dome.
Yeah, that's a G4 loan. Those can only be used for new stadiums.

G4 loans are available for renovations as well as new stadiums.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
StlSmitty said:
X said:
Lesson said:
I know that the NFL has some sort of fund which covers $300 million for a new stadium. Dunno if that could be used for the renovation, but it would certainly help the city and probably the team in terms of cost for renovating the Dome.

Hmmm. Seems I was misinformed. Can you link to an article on that? Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Angry Ram said:
But for real, EDJ has what, a 60,000 capacity, while St. Charles Arena has 12,000? Course it's better than nothing.

I smell a sell out. Let's see the NFL black out home games THEN. :lmao:

steferfootball

Starter
RamFan503 said:
Angry Ram said:
But for real, EDJ has what, a 60,000 capacity, while St. Charles Arena has 12,000? Course it's better than nothing.

I smell a sell out. Let's see the NFL black out home games THEN. :lmao:
*NFL blacks out all 8 home games*
Kevin Demoff: We are moving into a DII College Basketball Stadium. Trollface.

Also, according to google, only 9,700 fit in for football. 12,000 is for concert seating where there would be seats on the floor.

https://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=u ... sQnwIoAjAA

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
StlSmitty said:
X said:
Lesson said:

Hmmm. Seems I was misinformed. Can you link to an article on that? Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Here ya go:

KEVIN DEMOFF: The new G-4 provision allows for funds to go to renovations, which is a positive change for all clubs looking to upgrade their stadiums. However, NFL owners must approve all G-4 requests, so it's impossible to predict whether those funds would be available.

http://live.stltoday.com/Event/Rams_cha ... z1uyQNegG5

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
Here ya go:

KEVIN DEMOFF: The new G-4 provision allows for funds to go to renovations, which is a positive change for all clubs looking to upgrade their stadiums. However, NFL owners must approve all G-4 requests, so it's impossible to predict whether those funds would be available.

Thank you.

I guess I was wro.... wrr. wrrrrrrrrrrrr.

FonzieWrong.jpg

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Lesson said:
Here ya go:

Thank you.

I guess I was wro.... wrr. wrrrrrrrrrrrr.

FonzieWrong.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I used this reference all the time.