Well here it is.... (Dome Proposal)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: Well here it is....

So basically a new stadium where the old one is?

Got it.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Well here it is....

X said:
So basically a new stadium where the old one is?

Got it.

Yeah X, I agree. I think there will be some arbitration. The positive side is that they can use some of the structure and they want to use glass to bring in more light. (Less cost with glass.)

This would be a good ROI. They are talking soccer, Final Fours, maybe bowl games in the future.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Looks good and doable,completely doable and with ALL that glass it will go up fast

steferfootball

Starter
Video boards:

-Two corner video boards: 37'hx97'w
-one Level of continuous ribbon board 3' high
-Tie concourse video components into the seating bowl video display
-Tie advertising throughout the facility into the video display components
-HD Format
-Infrastructure for temporary center hung video board.
-Digital exterior display boards similar to mediamesh integrated into east facade

Random stuffs:
-Digital concession menus (so they can easily jack up prices)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So if this goes through, where would the Rams play in the meantime??

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:

I guess the St. Charles Arena ??

steferfootball

Starter
Angry Ram said:
I think the parking lot is good. I don't think it is possible for us to have more injuries.

Just have the fans bring lawn chairs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RAMS_Southside.jpg

RAMS_graphic1.jpg

RAMS_glassfacade.jpg

RAMS_EastEntrance.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There's a whole lotta Bradford on that Stadium rendering. :p

Lesson

Oh, really?
Reminds me of the Colts' stadium with the retractable windows. While I have no clue how much it would cost for said renovation to occur, it seems reasonable to me.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I know that the NFL has some sort of fund which covers $300 million for a new stadium. Dunno if that could be used for the renovation, but it would certainly help the city and probably the team in terms of cost for renovating the Dome.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
I know that the NFL has some sort of fund which covers $300 million for a new stadium. Dunno if that could be used for the renovation, but it would certainly help the city and probably the team in terms of cost for renovating the Dome.
Yeah, that's a G4 loan. Those can only be used for new stadiums.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Too bad STL and the Rams will more than likely have to settle for something less than this.

Here in Orlando, we just built what is called the most modern and kick ass arena in existence (Basketball Arena obviously). Our old one was not old by any stretch, and most of the residents here thought is was wasteful to build a brand new arena. Most don't think that way now,,, and it's clearly not because of the Magic. Attending other events there is like an experience all to itself. The old arena was just blown up a couple of weeks ago,,, no one cared.

Speeps

Starter
Selassie I said:
Too bad STL and the Rams will more than likely have to settle for something less than this.

Here in Orlando, we just built what is called the most modern and kick ass arena in existence (Basketball Arena obviously). Our old one was not old by any stretch, and most of the residents here thought is was wasteful to build a brand new arena. Most don't think that way now,,, and it's clearly not because of the Magic. Attending other events there is like an experience all to itself. The old arena was just blown up a couple of weeks ago,,, no one cared.
Agreed. The Amyway arena is incredible. It has made and will continue to make Orlando a very profitable region.

The plan that was proposed by the Rams seems logical and doable. Of course the CVC won't agree to it, because of the cost. However, if they look long term, this arena may bring in a lot of cash to the Lou.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
steferfootball said:
Angry Ram said:
I think the parking lot is good. I don't think it is possible for us to have more injuries.

Just have the fans bring lawn chairs.

lol the parking lot. Or hell just play on the lawn in near the Arch.

But for real, EDJ has what, a 60,000 capacity, while St. Charles Arena has 12,000? Course it's better than nothing.

steferfootball

Starter
Rams played the 95 season in the old Busch stadium, as did the Cardinals when they were here.

I don't know if they can do that to the new stadium, but it beats out the 13,000 stadium.