Well Coco, looks like it's on... Again. Round 2!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
GcBean said:
Carter too. Pancakes even got one in tonight. Gotta keep this offense rolling!

I love me some playoff Penner. That execution on the 3 on 1 made my pants wiggle, loved it, love what Martinez is doing to up the pressure.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
That 3 on 1 was one of the sweetest plays I've seen in hockey in a while. So much fun!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fucking refs were horrid on both ends last night

bluecoconuts

Legend
Username said:

I heard quite a few Blues fans whining that Kings players were taking runs at Elliot. I just laughed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Think I'll keep my predictions to myself now.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
bluecoconuts said:
Username said:

I heard quite a few Blues fans whining that Kings players were taking runs at Elliot. I just laughed.

Heard quite a few Kings fans bitching about the refs when they we're blatantly trying to give them a tie game.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:
Username said:

Heard quite a few Kings fans bitching about the refs when they we're blatantly trying to give them a tie game.

Both teams had 2 power plays, all the Kings goals were scored even strength (although one was 4 on 4), I don't think the Officials have been giving LA anything. If they were Perron would have been ejected for running Quick the entire series, and whoever (I think it was Backes) headbutted Quick during a scrum game 3 would have been as well. Other than the first 10 minutes, Kings controlled the game, especially in the 3rd when they found another gear and just kept pressure up the entire time. Blues didn't register a shot on goal till over 11 minutes into the third, and then in the final 4 minutes during crunch time, they didn't get a shot either. Officials didn't do that (there were no penalties in the third) LA's defense shut things down. Game 2 was an anomaly, LA doesn't usually have poor 3rd periods.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:
Username said:

Both teams had 2 power plays, all the Kings goals were scored even strength (although one was 4 on 4), I don't think the Officials have been giving LA anything. If they were Perron would have been ejected for running Quick the entire series, and whoever (I think it was Backes) headbutted Quick during a scrum game 3 would have been as well. Other than the first 10 minutes, Kings controlled the game, especially in the 3rd when they found another gear and just kept pressure up the entire time. Blues didn't register a shot on goal till over 11 minutes into the third, and then in the final 4 minutes during crunch time, they didn't get a shot either. Officials didn't do that (there were no penalties in the third) LA's defense shut things down. Game 2 was an anomaly, LA doesn't usually have poor 3rd periods.

If they're going to eject Perron, they should be fair and eject Brown as well for trying to put Schwartz out of commission with his knee-on-knee and flying elbow. He went knee-on-knee with Backes the next game (third game, third period, if you want to look it up). Perron deserved to be ejected, I admit that. But Brown has easily been the dirtiest player this entire series. Both of the things I've mentioned would be suspension worthy...but Shanaham apparently still hates the Blues organization for trading his fucking worthless ass to Hartford.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
bluecoconuts said:
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:
Username said:

Oh, the Kings won straight up, but that wasn't my point.

It was a good game, imo the defense lost it for the Blues. Too many mistakes. That and ovbously the Kings out played them and were the better team in the later half of the game. Overall though they got away from what has been their strength this series and the whole year, and that's their physicality. The need to kick it up a notch and show that they really want it if they want to be taken seriously. I'm still going to cheer my heart out for them, but right now neither of these teams look like possible SC champions imo.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
bluecoconuts said:
Username said:
bluecoconuts said:
Username said:

If they're going to eject Perron, they should be fair and eject Brown as well for trying to put Schwartz out of commission with his knee-on-knee and flying elbow. He went knee-on-knee with Backes the next game (third game, third period, if you want to look it up). Perron deserved to be ejected, I admit that. But Brown has easily been the dirtiest player this entire series. Both of the things I've mentioned would be suspension worthy...but Shanaham apparently still hates the Blues organization for trading his fucking worthless ass to Hartford.

Brown throws forearms with his hits to up the power behind them, the result if he misses those is that it looks like he's trying to throw elbows. He's always hit like that though, watch his hit on Sedin, it's the same thing, just from a better angle, he likes using his forearm for power. The knee on knee was totally intentional, he was going in for the hit. It looks like he goes for an elbow, but given how he normally hits, I don't necessarily know it was his intent. Lets say it was though, I don't see him as the dirtiest player in the series. In fact, other than the running on Quick, the series has been pretty good, just really hard hitting. Like I said before, the officials aren't dictating anything with this game, this is what playoff hockey is about. It's a fun series, most outsiders are saying it's a shame this is a first round matchup, and not a WCF matchup, it could be the best series of the playoffs.... Either team could go deep, but given we're both beating each other up so much, it'll be hard.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Now it gets interesting. This game was intense, game 6 will be even more so. LA has all the momentum now, Blues have to be second guessing themselves here, after last year, and now the Kings have taken 3 in a row to wrestle away the advantage, and they're real strong at home. Kopitar looks like Kopitar since he scored, Carter looking more like himself as well. As long as the big boys are here to play, LA should be able to close this out on Friday. Blues forecheck could cause them issues though, they've been so good thus far, especially taking advantage of Muzzin's inexperience.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Uggghhh...my confidence is about shot. The Blues pretty much took it to the Kings the whole game and gave away 3 soft goals. That OT goal was terrible by Elliott.

Oh well...here's hoping for a late series surge!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Uggghhh...my confidence is about shot. The Blues pretty much took it to the Kings the whole game and gave away 3 soft goals. That OT goal was terrible by Elliott.

Oh well...here's hoping for a late series surge!

I think he was confused by it, Voynov tried to shoot high, but he couldn't get the shot off because Schwartz slashed his stick.. Shot still got off though, but Elliot was looking for it to go high, and it snuck in 5 hole.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think this video describes exactly how I'm feeling right now...just replace "do you not see this ball?" with "do you choke away games?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hfTDuISM4U[/youtube]

bluecoconuts

Legend
Holy shit, that game.... This entire series man, I don't know how any other series this playoffs tops that. The evenness of these two teams was amazing. The hits we laid on each other, over 400 between the two teams, every game being a 1 goal game coming down to the wire, fuck, this could have so easily gone the distance.

I got the games mixed up, but I was correct about Kings in 6.. Stu was correct in that he said the Kings would be advancing to the second round tonight as well.

.2 seconds left with the goal.

Great series guys, I'm hoping that we meet again, but also kind of not because that's an incredibly strong team you guys have. I think that LA was the only team that could have taken you guys down, bad luck that we drew each other in the first round.

Go Kings go!

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Wow, tough series. Blues fans, you guys have a great team. They dominated so many moments of every game, I was horrified. IMO, goaltending was the difference though. Okay, back to Rams talk.