Week 3: What the Bucs fans are saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
"Amazingly, that marks the first time in the Bucs' 41-season history that the team has gone two games into the season without securing a single takeaway."
----------------
One game that infuriated me more than anything last season was the Rams game. They were roughing winston up after plays and the refs did nothing. That has got to stop!
----------------
Don't take the Rams lightly. This is pretty much the same team that destroyed us last year, and without Martin, Ayers, and Smith... we're in a weaker position then the last game.
----------------
Winston will bounce back this week. I'm sure he remembers the cheap shots from the Rams last year and will want to take it out against them on the field.
-----------------
With that in mind, I actually think we'll have a decent day against the Rams. I maintain that our biggest problem last game was that Winston was uncharacteristically inaccurate. I think we'll blitz a lot, and fairly effectively, against the Rams. Palmer was actually doing an incredible job of sensing quick pressure and delivering the ball early in the game, before it was out of reach and the Bucs were phoning it in. Keenum more than likely won't. Gurley is obviously a concern, but hopefully an aggressive game plan will limit him as well.

My biggest concern is that we'll try to use Sims as our starting RB and/or try some predictable low-risk stuff to get Winston going and our O will falter early
-------------------
How do you think we will deal with the biggest mismatch their DL vs. our OL? I'm assuming Donald is the one you have to double? None of our interior guys has a chance of blocking him on pass plays.

I'm guessing Smith will see a lot of Quinn, perhaps the premier speed-rushing DE in the league. Looks like an unbelievable mismatch.

Lots of draws, quick screens, roll-outs? What's the best plan of attack to prevent Winston from undergoing a mauling here?
-------------------
Was watching the Rams/Seahawks game…We need to be worried about more than just the Dline. Ogletree is a menace back there and their corners did well to contain Baldwin and Lockett.

They are not afraid, as we learned last year, to take a penalty for a late hit. We need to keep our cool and collect on those penalties.

It will be interesting to see what the Rams gameplan is if Martin is out. I think they will rush 4, not blitz too much but rather try to take away the flats. The middle of the field was pretty open for Seattle, but those receivers were taking huge hits.
--------------------
The other levels of their defense are good but they don't have a guy like PP(Patrick Peterson) who can shadow and shut down Evans. If you can erase Evans as a major factor we are in deep trouble cause we don't have a legitimate number 2.

I just hope Jameis doesn't get baited into picks on short throws.
---------------------
Big game this week. So far the 1-1 record should surprise no one. Sucks we got whooped like we did, but we are right where we should be, and this sunday is our chance to go 2-1 before facing last years Super Bowl teams and most likely certain losses. Heading into the bye 2-3 is what I expected and should give us a chance at a Wild Card down the stretch if we put it together.
----------------
If all of a sudden the Rams KNOW how to score, I swear this new defense was just to feed the fans a bunch of crap.
-------------------
based off the last 2 games, im not sure how we win this one. Rams D-line is going to be very hard on us. Winston will have to have incredible poise in that pocket. Rams will not beat us with 15+ yard passes at all. we need to worry about the dink and dunk with guys like austin and gurley. that is something we MUST stop. we must play fundamentally sound football to beat the rams. I think offensively, beat them at there own game. Sims isnt going to run for 100 yards between the tackles. We must protect winston at all costs this week or it could be a reminder of last years ketchup vs. mustard game.
We should beat this team, dammit
----------------
I see a similar split of the reps with Martin out, i.e. Sims roughly 60 percent of the time on the field and Rodgers about 40 percent, with Sims probably getting twice as many touches as Rodgers per game (ex: 20 to 10).
I also think this changes the identity of the offense, which usually runs through Martin. I have to believe Jameis will be called upon to pass more during the game. I hope he rises and the rest of the offense rises to the occasion.
-----------------
I see the offense struggling to move the ball, but luckily our defense will give us good field position with a couple turn overs. Only one offensive TD this week and it will be a pass to Sims. Defense will have a pick 6 by VHIII and Aguayo will make 2 fairly easy FGs. Unfortunately Jameis is going to get beat up, but we survive and come out with a hard fought win.
-------------------
I expect a big game from Gurley. low scoring type game
-------------------
That Cards game wasn't as bad as the score might have indicated. It just got away from the Bucs late in the first half. Despite already throwing 2 INTs, the Bucs had the ball just outside of the redzone w/ 3:00 left in the half only down 10-0 and getting the ball first in the 2nd half.

The Sims/Winston fumble, Cards go down and score and it's 17-0.
A quick 3-n-out and blown coverage by Conte and boom it's 24-0.

The keys to the game for the Rams are obvious. Contain Gurleyman and we have an excellent chance. This Bucs defense has done a good job vs the run in both games this season for the most part. What concerns about this defense is that we've already given up 3 plays of over 50 yards. I'm less concerned about that happening vs the Rams which I why I believe we will be able to outscore them this Sunday.

I expect Jameis to bounce back and have a good game. After every poor game last season he would follow it up w/ a good performance.

Whoever has Sims in fantasy should start him imo.
----------------
Losing Martin for 3-4 weeks is going to suck. He's the backbone to our offense. I've continued to say that our OL is overrated and that Doug makes the OL look better than it actually is. I hope I'm wrong and the OL opens up huge holes for Sims and Rodgers, etc....but I doubt it.

I kinda have a feeling the Rams game is a MUST WIN for how the Bucs will go this year. How demoralizing would it be to the fan base to lose to a struggling Rams team in our home opener when all we've heard is how different the Bucs are this year? And falling to 1-2 with the Broncos and Panthers coming up? *sigh*
-------------------
Disrespect stuff aside, when we fired Schiano and got Lovie I was convinced he would make Barron a stud MLB in his system. Instead, he was traded.
-------------------
I was hoping he would become the physical SS in Lovie's system. I liked the idea of him at OLB in the base 4-3 formation as well and the other LB with David in basic nickel formations, but I envisioned him still being able to play SS in the NFL. He probably could have 10 or 15 years ago, but the days of hard-hitting SS who are a liability in coverage are pretty much gone. Now you have to be good in coverage on top of being a physical force, e.g. Kam Chancellor.

Now he's where he belongs at OLB full-time. He's become one of the better ones in the league too. He has the Rams and the Bucs to thank for that.
------------------
Instead, Smith tried to use him as a roaming coverage safety. Exactly the opposite of what Barron excelled at.
------------------
http://www.buczone.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2183

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always love these. I think they are cautiously optimistic. kind of like how we are but a bit more worried.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's time to kick that @ss!:rockon:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Well, if we can become a professional offense, we will win. With Fish, I have some doubts as to care to move forward. HOWEVER, I will have to say Keenum's 8.0+ yards per pass attempt is excellent--especially against the Seahawks.
So, maybe we will move forward. Maybe Higbee and Gurley will catch a few passes and push us forward.

If Sherman covered Britt that whole game, we don't win. Britt won that game by winning on the outside against their 2nd corner---though he did beat Sherman in the endzone (bad throw). Britt is the O's MVP against Hawks...just my opinion. ;)

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Excellent job once again, @Mojo Ram

I love the insight, only a fan can give, regarding their team. You get some blind homerism, but also you get the real temperature of the team. Kind of like ROD. (y)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I have to say they have been the most realistic fan base I've read yet. Confident but not cocky.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I have to say they have been the most realistic fan base I've read yet. Confident but not cocky.

That is because they have lost more than they have won, I find that true with fans of those type of teams, whereas quite frankly can you blame a Patriot or Steeler fan for being cocky? They win and I'm sure many of us would be similar, if our team had that success, not I'm not 100% sure it would happen to me, but I'd sure like to give it a try.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, if that guy thinks that whoever has Sims on their fantasy should play him, then he thinks Simms is going to have a big game carrying the ball?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Gaines has always locked down Evans. Even back to their college days. I have a sneaky feeling Gaines could have played last week, but Fisher wanted to nurse him back to 100% health for this marquee match-up.

Not sure who the uninformed Bucs fan is, but we have our "Evans Stopper."

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same old stuff, our guys get hit late or hard and it's just good football. Theirs do and it's dirty Rams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Winston will bounce back this week. I'm sure he remembers the cheap shots from the Rams last year and will want to take it out against them on the field.
lol. He could have "taken it out against them" during the game in which it was happening.

Jameis: "Hey I'll get you guys for that!!! Better hope we don't play again sometime down the road and stuff, or it's on!"

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm looking forward to watching our d-line beat the crab legs out of Winston's pants.

But after the Whiner debacle and 3 field goal performance last week I am not exactly over confident about our team. If Gaines, Cooper, and Spruce are all back I'll look forward to seeing how they can help though.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
They sound like us. They've been through just as much bad football as we have in the past albeit one 10-6 record in 2010.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Gaines has always locked down Evans. Even back to their college days. I have a sneaky feeling Gaines could have played last week, but Fisher wanted to nurse him back to 100% health for this marquee match-up.

Not sure who the uninformed Bucs fan is, but we have our "Evans Stopper."

I went to the Mizzou vs Texas A&M game a couple years ago and Gaines put the clamps on Evans... Evans didn't do much of anything.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I kew very little about Winston coming into last years game. During the game, I quickly developed a dislike for the young man. He seemed over the top cocky to me. Funny thing, I was reading the article yesterday on the most hated NFL players, voted by the players last week. Kaeperdick was #1, and guess who #2 was? You got it.. Winston. Wonder why that is.....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Don't like it. They're giving us too much respect. Spooks me.
I think they're just being realistic!(y):D Here are some Fine points of their Record vs the Rams:
* The Rams are 13-8 Lifetime against them. Not counting 2-0 in Post Season!

* The Rams have Won the Last 4 Straight meeting! ( 2 of them in Tampa!)

* The Total points in those games, Rams-111 / Buc's-66 .

That's an average of approx. 29-17, which is probably what the Final Score of this game will look like!!:D RAMS WIN OF COURSE!!:homercrawl::mrburnsevil: