Week 15 Mock ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Big changes coming for our rudderless Rams, so the new HC is likely to design our forward direction with his own philosophy affecting the team from top to bottom. School is out on whether more front office organizational moves are made during this shake-up. Either way we can expect some player turnover, especially with potential upcoming free agents and where contracts may be determined as too expensive based on production. It will be difficult for me to imagine a HC candidate without a strong offensive resume, one which features an ability to train up young QB's. The Rams are the youngest team in the NFL for 4 straight seasons, this leads to penalties and other mistakes in regards to creating more consistent execution, couple this with the lack of a 1'st round draft pick, expect a greater emphasis on building through free agency, at least for 2017.
My 4'th round pick Awuzie has been marching up the rankings these past few weeks, his upcoming game against OSU may or may not decide whether he remains available to us at this spot. Other than currently listed potential free agents, we don't know who other teams may release at this early date, but for the moment i've cut or released 12 of our own players, all but one of whom are on our regular 53 roster. I've signed 5 free agents with this mock and the difference would be made up from currently unknown CAP cuts from other teams, our limited draft/UDFA's, and at least one player moving up from the practice squad.
The Rams are expecting to enter the off-season with approximately $43.5 mil in available CAP space, my own CAP cuts pretty much covers most of whatever it should cost to re-sign Tru Johnson, so that figure would remain relatively static once free agency season opens ... meaning my listed free agents should easily be achievable while also paying for our limited draft class and 3'rd tier free agents to fill out the roster.

Head Coach recruiting : Norv Turner, Todd Haley, Kyle Shanahan.

Re-sign : UFA's Tru Johnson, Cunningham & Zuerlein, retain RFA's Easley, Westbrooks & ERFA's Longacre & Trinca-Pasat.

Do not re-sign : TJ McDonald, Kenny Britt, Brian Quick, Chase Reynolds, Cam Thomas, Demetrious Rhaney, Case Keenum & Pace Murphy.

CAP cut : Saffold, Barnes, Sims, Mason

2017 Free Agency :

LT - Matt Kalil (short term 'prove-it deal' coming off IR)
LG - Ron Leary
WR - Alshon Jeffery
DE - Dion Jordan (another inexpensive rotational IR bargain)
DT - Abry Jones (rotation behind Brockers)

2017 Draft :

1) N/A
2) C/OG - Ethan Pocic, LSU or Pat Elflein, Oh.St
3) OG/OT - Zach Banner, USC
4) CB - Chidobe Awuzie, Co.
5) S - Jonathan Ford, Aub.
6) WR - Travin Dural, LSU

2017 O-Line :

LT - Kalil, GRob, (Williams or Battle)
LG - Leary, Banner, Wichmann
C - Pocic, Wichmann
RG - GRob, Banner, Brown
RT - Havenstein, Donnal, GRob

jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it. Although, Norv Turner would be a nightmare as HC. No way he gets another crack at it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn't mention in my mock, but I could also see Cory Harkey become a smaller CAP casualty this next season. He's largely disappeared with our withering run game, and not sure he even has a single reception this year. A legitimate FB might be found with a 7'th rounder while saving close to a $mil. off the CAP.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Personally, I think Awuzie goes late second or early third. He's a very talented cover corner. Love the Pocic selection. I doubt that Kalil goes for a prove it deal when the draft class at left tackle is shallow at best.

I highly disagree with your HC choices. Haley is a douche, Shanahan is apparently a douche, and Turner is a quitter and the game has passed him by.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Shanahan is apparently a douche, .

Please explain, why this accusation?

Matt Ryan: Kyle Shanahan would be a great head coach

Posted by Josh Alper on December 14, 2016, 6:29 AM EST
489799812-e1481714946851.jpg

After years of treating offensive football like it is the Ebola virus, the Rams have fired Jeff Fisher and many people think that they will opt for a coach with an offensive background when they hire his replacement.

Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has already been asked about potential interest in the job and Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan will probably be in the same position the next time he meets the media. He’s been on interview lists in the past and currently pilots the offense for the league’s highest-scoring team so he’s likely to get more interest this offseason.

Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan would prefer to keep working with Shanahan, but thinks a team would be making a good hire if they do force Atlanta to change coordinators.

“Oh yeah, I think so,” Ryan said on 680 The Fan, via the Atlanta Journal Constitution. “I think whenever he does get an opportunity, he’ll do a great job. I hope it’s not for awhile because we’ve got a good thing going on. Whenever he gets his opportunity, he’ll do a great job. I think he’s a good leader. I think he’s got a good feel for talent evaluation and getting the guys that he wants to make it
work for him. I think if he ever gets that chance, he’ll do a great job.”

With the Falcons on track to win the NFC South but not get a bye, Shanahan may not be immediately available for an interview with the Rams or anyone else. If the Falcons were to win a playoff opener, Shanahan would then have to decide if he’d interview before the next game or wait until Atlanta’s season is complete before thinking about next steps.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/14/matt-ryan-kyle-shanahan-would-be-a-great-head-coach/

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
You immediately get fired for considering Norv. Other than that you did very well. I like the Kalil on a prove it deal and competition for Robinson.