Week 1 thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
Memphis Ram said:
Glad the Rams won, but:

- I still say that this team needs a legit FB for more physical play in short yardage/redzone.

- How is a bubble screen to Austin Pettis even in the playbook? He offers absolutely nothing after the catch.

- That was Tavon Austin great unveiling?
Tavon is going to have his monster game soon enough. Everyone wanted to write off the Cardinals before the season even started, but that was clearly premature. All they needed to climb back into contention was a damn QB. Their defense was always stout, and they drafted that little rat bastard specifically to cover Tavon. That's going to be a nice little matchup for years. As well as Givens/Peterson.

That bubble screen to Pettis had exactly one-half second to develop. If someone - anyone - picks up the blitzer on the A-gap, then Long gets in front of the screen and Pettis gobbles up a big gainer. That's at least what I saw, but I'll check back again to make sure I'm not full of shit. lol.

You're going to take that FB argument to the grave, aren'tcha? Well, I'll carve it on your headstone. :razzed:

100% correct. pettis wasn't the problem on that play. nobody blocked anybody was the problem. pettis caught the ball then was swallowed up by two defenders before he could think about making a move.