Week 1 - Suh vs Dahl <shiver>

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The awards for the first off-season scrum go to linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar and offensive guard Harvey Dahl. There was some pushing, shoving and a helmet (Dahl’s) that went flying during 11-on-11 drills. (No players were injured during this scrum.) And much to my surprise and disappointment, it didn’t involve safety Cortland Finnegan. I just lost a bet right there.
http://www.101sports.com/category/phsie ... nd-Givens/

This is gonna be a fun one to watch. I don't know that Harvey is cerebral enough to just take Suh out of the game mentally. Because of the way they're both wired, I think he's going to lure him into a fight whether he intends to or not. I honestly don't think either one of them are cool-headed enough to walk away.

Clash of the Tempers

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwiBy7yCPvw[/youtube]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The man upstairs knows that you are a fucking liar.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
I love Dahl's response.

So do I. And no, Mr. Boger, that's not fucking holding.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
DR RAM said:
I love Dahl's response.

I know, it was a total bullshit call, and it was critical in that game.

Memento

Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
DR RAM said:
I love Dahl's response.

I know, it was a total bullshit call, and it was critical in that game.

The call after the bullshit "holding" was even worse, in my opinion. Players cuss and complain about calls all the time, and Boger decides that his poor little feelings being hurt is the equivalent of a personal foul being tacked on to a ten-yard holding penalty. Absolute - fucking - horseshit - call.

I hope he never refs another Rams game for the rest of his tenure as an NFL zebra.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
DR RAM said:
I love Dahl's response.

So do I. And no, Mr. Boger, that's not freaking holding.
I know, it was a total BS call, and it was critical in that game.
That's true. I remember that play. But it did make me laugh then, and whenever I think about it. What pisses me off is that it wasn't holding and he got fined for that. If it didn't get picked up on the terrible ref's mic he wouldn't haven't gotten fined and no one would have known what he said.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
The Detroit game will be a good test to see how our O-line will handle one of the premiere DT's in the league. I know a lot of people don't like Suh, but he's a DT beast. Containing him and the others would be a morale victory to the O-line.

Attacking them through the air would be a good game plan, because their Secondary is one of the weaknesses they have. The big question mark is that if our WR's/TE's get open and Catch the ball :bummed: . Quick 3-step drop, and out of Sammy's hands to a play maker is a good way to negate that D-line. I remember it used to really frustrate me when back in the 80's when Joe Montana would drop back, and the ball out of his hands too quick for the our Defense to get to him.

It all comes down to if we can EXECUTE the play.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram_Fan said:
The Detroit game will be a good test to see how our O-line will handle one of the premiere DT's in the league. I know a lot of people don't like Suh, but he's a DT beast. Containing him and the others would be a morale victory to the O-line.

Attacking them through the air would be a good game plan, because their Secondary is one of the weaknesses they have. The big question mark is that if our WR's/TE's get open and Catch the ball :bummed: . Quick 3-step drop, and out of Sammy's hands to a play maker is a good way to negate that D-line. I remember it used to really frustrate me when back in the 80's when Joe Montana would drop back, and the ball out of his hands too quick for the our Defense to get to him.

It all comes down to if we can EXECUTE the play.
I think the opposite, actually. They're not very good against the run - or at least they weren't. 5.0 yards per carry on defense, and now we have two (potentially 3) guys capable of breaking one open. I think we absolutely wanna keep them from trying to tee off on the QB by running it right down their throats. Throw in a play-action and some well designed screens, and there ya go.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
X said:
I think the opposite, actually. They're not very good against the run - or at least they weren't. 5.0 yards per carry on defense, and now we have two (potentially 3) guys capable of breaking one open. I think we absolutely wanna keep them from trying to tee off on the QB by running it right down their throats. Throw in a play-action and some well designed screens, and there ya go.

I didn't notice that they were the opposite haha!! :boing: If that's the case even the better then. With Fisher's track record...They will Pound, Pound, and Pound the ball. It will help our defense stay off the field, and when our defense is off the field we don't have to see Stafford and Megatron.

I can't even wait until Preseason games start. :lmao:

steferfootball

Starter
Over/under:

Suh Stomps on Dahl 3 times.

And Suh lies about it 6 times.

:razzed: But seriously, like x said, just run at Suh. He sells out for the pass rush pretty easily. When I watch him I don't get the vibe that he cares about gap integrity.

Memento

Name
Jemma
steferfootball said:
Over/under:

Suh Stomps on Dahl 3 times. Under: Dahl would never allow it. Dahl would rip Suh's head off before that happened.

And Suh lies about it 6 times. Under: Suh would not be in any state to take interviews if that happened.

:razzed: But seriously, like x said, just run at Suh. He sells out for the pass rush pretty easily. When I watch him I don't get the vibe that he cares about gap integrity.

Replies in bold.

:razzed: :sly:

Speeps

Starter
The real question is, will Suh be playing week one. He and his partner, Nick Fairley, seems to know how find trouble.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Speeps said:
The real question is, will Suh be playing week one. He and his partner, Nick Fairley, seems to know how find trouble.

I can't see Suh getting in the kind of trouble that Fairley and Leshoure are. The guy's incredibly dirty on the field, but no other athlete has gave more to the community than Suh did last year. Fairley is an entirely different story. A real piece of work both on and off the field.