We won't make the playoffs if...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Great thread @FRO and a few observations from another poster and they echo my sentiments to a T :

RT Rob Havenstein can be soundly beaten on speed rushes. And you don't have to have a Robert Quinn-like DE to do it either. I think that Havenstein knowswhat to do out there, but I don't think that his feet will cooperate. He's gonna need TE help or chips from the RB in order to keep Foles upright.

Even more disturbing, though, is LT Greg Robinson's play. Despite this being his 2nd year, I think that he's confused and is thinking waaaay too much out there. And while he's doing all of this thinking, the DE is typically beating him one way or another. First play from scrimmage and the DE muscles by him to stuff a run to the left side (I thought run-blocking was his best attribute?). And then, on the second play, the DE goes right by him with speed to put the rush on Foles. Thankfully Brown was there to cover his arse.

Considering the above-two observations, I think that the Rams should seriously consider moving Saffold to RT upon his return. And I think that, come training camp 2016 (if not before) Battle might force Robinson inside.

Once again, the D-line started awfully slow as the Colts were able to have good success running the ball early. Not sure if it was planned or not, but the 2nd DL unit came in on the 2nd series. When the starters returned on the 3rd, they definitely played with a lot more motivation leading me to believe they received a "talking to" on the sidelines.

Still having breakdowns in the secondary that leads to big plays.

Whether it be the penalties, missed assignments, or general lack of focus, it's clear that the Rams simply are not a well-coached team.

Regarding: Havenstein and GRob. Seems that the consensus on Havenstein was that he was overdrafted and many felt he was a 4th round talent. Maybe they were right. Good run blocker/bad feet in pass blocking. GRob....well we know the story on him. He was a big big unknown. All of the potential but nobody had any idea if he could really handle the pass blocking at OLT. He is not progressing as hoped. In year two he should look better than he does IMO. I don't expect All-pro right now but more competent and making it look a little easier is reasonable for a 2nd overall pick.

If these two guys don't pan out, it sets the Rams back a long ways.

V3

Hall of Fame
At least our Oline isn't as bad as the Buc's line. Jameis is going to be dead by the second game.
Yeah, there are several teams that have horrible lines. At least Jameis can run for his life and is built like a TE. I do like Foles' pocket awareness and he seems to be pretty slippery for how big he is.