We won

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I would just like to start out by saying great job guys getting the win.

That being said I want this thread to be about the positives In the game.

I have listened for 3 weeks now all the negatives and just dealt with it.
Not doing it today if you have any negatives/could've done betters go start a different thread.

All that said
Stacey and Pettis played well today.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pettis earned this. Guy has been getting open all year. Just hasn't been given the time by the OL. I think he's going to end up being a solid player for us. His route running and ability to defeat the press have come so far.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
That last scoring drive was a classic Air Coryell drive.

Our offense should look like that on most drives, and shows you what it could be with a solid running game from week to week.

The scoring play was a thing of beauty from SB8 to Pettis.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Stacey was the biggest positive in my opinion. He moved the pile. Even when they knew we were running it, and they put 8 in the box, he still ran for more than 10 yards. He is exactly the type of running back this offense needed.

You could see the drop-off after Richardson would go back in there

Why wasn't Stacey playing more, earlier? Maybe he, like many young RB, didn't know his pass blocking assignments well enough yet

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like what i'm seeing from Barksdale. I saw him get to the 2nd level a couple of times. I also like that he appears to be a durable guy at RT.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
brokeu91 said:
Stacey was the biggest positive in my opinion. He moved the pile. Even when they knew we were running it, and they put 8 in the box, he still ran for more than 10 yards. He is exactly the type of running back this offense needed.

You could see the drop-off after Richardson would go back in there

Why wasn't Stacey playing more, earlier? Maybe he, like many young RB, didn't know his pass blocking assignments well enough yet

Yep. When Stacy was in, he kept finding seams to squirt through. Whenever he left the field, it seemed like D-Rich struggled to find anything between the tackles. IMO, D-Rich struggles reading blocks between the tackles. Stacy is better at that. D-Rich is better in a role when he came come in from time to time as a CoP back and run stretch type plays to the edge.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Stacy was great, you could see a clear difference when he was in there, so that is a good sign for us.

Our defensive line played way better, we played much better gap control, and swarming defense.

Our offensive line won the line of scrimmage today, and Sam had a lot more time to throw the ball.

There was an effort to get the ball to Tavon today, even though that effort was not capitalized on. Tavon looked much more decisive on punt returns, even though that wasn't capitalized on.

Zeurlein was perfect.

Sam was good in the red zone.

Pettis proves to be a red zone threat.

Ogletree made a few special plays today, IMO.

Dunbar is back.

Quick made a couple good plays, and appears to be more of an option on offense.

GIO had an unbelievable INT return for a TD.

JL had has second REALLY good game in a row, and an INT.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Woohoo! No more vent threads!! I say for every win we have let's make a celebratory thread for all us optimistic homers. :lmao:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
EastRam said:
Stacey best Rams RB period.

Great vision and power.

Sounds like he played well.

I just hope his rib injury is not serious.

Pho Kadat

Rookie
Some things we haven't seen in week's past:

-Offensive line won the battle in the trenches. They generated push and opened up holes.
-The reemergence of the fullback. Do not underestimate how important it was to have Harkey lead blocking.
-Took some chances down field. Got those safeties back peddling.
-Lotsa playaction, lotsa moving the pocket.
-Solid run stopping. MJD's still a solid back, even if his OL wasn't doing him any favors.

Also, I really liked lining up with the big set then splitting Cook out wide. His versatility makes that a very balanced formation.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Barrison said:
Woohoo! No more vent threads!! I say for every win we have let's make a celebratory thread for all us optimistic homers. :lmao:
Should have named the thread the anti vent thread lol;-)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Rabid Ram said:
Barrison said:
Should have named the thread the anti vent thread lol;-)
We can just re-name the game thread, the vent thread, lol.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
woo

hoo

:roll:

Pleasing to get some TD's , and some good ones. Bradford was good -- Jacksonville were not.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Favorite part was the balance on offense...27ish rush attempts to 33 pass attempts. When both of those are working effectively good things happen.

A55VA6

Legend
Seemed like we brought back the offense from last year. Ran the football, alot of playaction. Nice to see.