We STILL Don't Know How Good Our Offense Can BE!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was blown away about how good our offense looked. It was surreal how effortless it looked for them to succeed against Oakland's #1's. But still, Sammy Watkins was an afterthought as he is still learning the offense. He was used as a decoy for that Cooper Kupp TD, but imagine when he plays without thinking (playing by instinct)? He had to be stoked by what he saw last night with his new Ram's offense! Yes, Tavon Austin is never going to be a great WR imho. But he can wreck a game in his gadget guy role. The PR's I have seen play are not doing much, but when he gets the ball it's like "hold onto your seat" time. Jet sweeps that worked for some games in Gurley's rookie year, WILL work again.

There is a chance with all of the weapons that we now have, opposing defenses will look defenseless during games. I think this is going to be a magical year.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No, but we got our first clue last night....Still think we need both TE's....if it's Hemingway & Everett or Everett & Higbee or even Everett & Harkey...we'll need a seem threat.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Can you imagine a toss to Gurley and then the potential of reverses to Austin and/or Watkins....... talk about defensive coordinator's nightmare.......

:mrburnsevil::wow::rolllaugh::party::rockon::cheers::banana:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm excited about teams doubling Watkins. Leaves lots of holes in the D that we can exploit

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This offense looked really good, like a legit NFL offense, something we havent seen in a long fucking time. And that was with Watkins still getting up to speed and thats with the missed PI call on that would have been a TD if he hadnt had his left arm locked up.

And this is all without TA on the field.

Watkins
Woods
Kupp
Everett
Higbee
Reynolds
Austin
Gurley
Davis
Thomas
Cooper

Thats a lot of damn legit weapons!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
This offense looked really good, like a legit NFL offense, something we havent seen in a long freaking time. And that was with Watkins still getting up to speed and thats with the missed PI call on that would have been a TD if he hadnt had his left arm locked up.

Watkins
Woods
Kupp
Everett
Higbee
Reynolds
Austin
Gurley
Davis
Thomas
Cooper

If that list doesn't get you giddy then you're either a miserable prick or a whiners fan. ;)

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It's well-balanced. If they can click together by midseason, I see good promise for a double-digit winning season.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Just think, their preseason "vanilla offense" is more imaginative than last years regular season offense.

So I am looking forward to what they will do when games count.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Yeah, I see a sense of confidence the rams offense hasn't shown in awhile which is pretty amazing after just 2 preseason games and it really has the look of something that will only improve. Can't wait to see the real playbook in action.

The same can be said for the defense without AD, barron, easley, and webster. They did a nice job of keeping pro bowler, carr, in check, or at least playing from behind most of the time. I feel really good about this year. Maybe 12 wins.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
"We STILL Don't Know How Good Our Offense Can BE!"

Well, I'm guessing we still don't know how good our D can be either. Our front line is missing Donald, Hayes, Sims & Easley from a season ago, so we are relying on Wade to work some magic with Westbrooks, Trinca-Pasat, Smart & Fox to deliver the goods. On the other hand, our LB'er corps looks very deep, especially so if Quinn is all the way back to true form. Once healthy, our secondary should also be a real strength for this team.

TexasRam

Legend
In 2016 Oakland's defense was #20 at 24.1ppg given up.

Last night we were on pace to put up 34-41 on them when you look at offensive starters playing time and things like the Watkins drop.

Another way to look at it is we were matching or beating Carr and their #7 ranked offense, a team that had the best record in football before the Carr injury.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This offense looked really good, like a legit NFL offense, something we havent seen in a long freaking time. And that was with Watkins still getting up to speed and thats with the missed PI call on that would have been a TD if he hadnt had his left arm locked up.

Watkins
Woods
Kupp
Everett
Higbee
Reynolds
Austin
Gurley
Davis
Thomas
Cooper

Don't forget about Hemingway. He's a dark horse to start as the inline tight end, and I think that he has a ton of potential in that role.

MachS

Hall of Fame
This is how I would project our top weapons this year:

Todd Gurley
Sammy Watkins
Cooper Kupp
Gerald Everett
Tavon Austin

If these five have great years that's all we'll need :-D