we should draft ebron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Not sure we need another tight end to be honest mate.

I'd rather we re-sign saffold and draft matthews. Jesus what a line :)

iced

I don't get the love for matthews. I mean he's a stud player and all, but drafting a RT that high with all these prospects at the top of the draft?

Sorry but his value drops tremendously if he's going to spend most of his snaps at RT. They didnt pay Jake Long a ton of money to move to the right side.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Matthews is a good player, but methinks his bloodlines have given his stock a boost via the draftnik media. If his last name were Jones he'd probably been seen on par with the rest of the top OTs in this draft class.

It's Jake Long all over again, IMO. Everyone knows about Jake Long, but few knew anything about Ryan Clady and Duane Brown who were in the same draft class even though they have been just as if not more effective in the NFL.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I don't get the love for matthews. I mean he's a stud player and all, but drafting a RT that high with all these prospects at the top of the draft?

Sorry but his value drops tremendously if he's going to spend most of his snaps at RT. They didnt pay Jake Long a ton of money to move to the right side.

Who would you get instead then? providing we're not trading down of course.

jap

Legend
Who would you get instead then? providing we're not trading down of course.

As I alluded before in another thread, let Les and his team of scouts rate the top OT prospects. Then let our OL guru, Paul Boudreaux, eyeball the candidates and let him rate them according to who he believes he can quickly and effectively get up to speed.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

I certainly couldn't be upset with that outcome. My preference is resign Saffold and draft Watkins.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't draft Ebron. Talented kid but we already have Cook and Kendricks at TE. Harkey is a TE/FB. I think we're pretty set for now. With Kendricks a FA after 2014 and Cook possibly being cut if he doesn't step his game, that might be something we consider next year.

There's a guy by the name of Devin Funchess from Michigan that will be a big time prospect if he comes out in 2015. Depending on whether he comes out this year, Troy Niklas from Notre Dame is another name.