We need uno mas DT. How about Alameda Ta'amu?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
283_Alameda_Ta_amu_Cover.jpg

http://frogsfootballfantasy.com/prospec ... taamu.html

It is automatically assumed that a defensive tackle who weighs 348 pounds is a natural fit to play nose tackle in a 3-4 front. Ta’amu has uncommon versatility for a player of his size in that he can hold up blockers at the point of attack and penetrate gaps with excellent short area explosion. However, his skill set may make him a better fit at defensive end in a 3-4 or at defensive tackle in a 4-3. He has the lower body strength to anchor against the run, even against double-teams, but needs to be more consistent with his technique. He has a tendency to come out of his stance high, negating his size and power, and will bend at the waste in an attempt to compensate. His quickness helps him to gain a step off the snap, after which his power makes it difficult for blockers to recover.

He uses his hands well to shed, and while he lacks the ability to redirect and make plays coming back to the football, he consistently gives a good effort in pursuit. He shows good balance, discipline, and effort when working toward the sideline on tosses and sweeps, and keeps himself in position to prohibit cutback lanes. While he struggles to break down, even in tight spaces, Ta’amu is difficult to escape once he gets even one hand on a ballcarrier, and is capable of delivering punishing hits when he is able to gain momentum leading into contact. He needs to show better awareness, as he can take himself out of plays when he is slow to locate the football.

Ta’amu is not going to put up big sack numbers in the NFL, but he gets off the snap quickly, uses his hands well to slip blockers, and is able to push the pocket with his bullrush when he uses proper technique. He has an impressive motor for a player his size, and rarely comes off the field. Ta’amu has struggled with his weight throughout his career (has played as high as 360 pounds), and was significantly less productive against NFL caliber interior offensive linemen (played poorly against Stanford and Baylor in 2011), but his combination of size and ability will likely see him drafted in the back half of the 1st round of the upcoming NFL Draft.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUxVOEGGz0s[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
I like him, but not at 6.

Don't think he's there at 33
I'm planning like they're not going to keep that pick. I don't know why, but I'm thinking they might dish again.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
bluecoconuts said:

I'm planning like they're not going to keep that pick. I don't know why, but I'm thinking they might dish again.

If they do trade down again, sign me up.

Ta'amu surpassed Fletcher Cox as my 2nd favorite DT, after Brockers, with the Langford signing. (Langford + Fletcher = not enough beef). Call me crazy but, I prefer Ta'amu to Poe. Something about him sketches me out.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think Ta'amu is there at 39

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Lots of places had a 3rd round grade on this cat till the draft evaluations got really started. He could jump into the 1st now. There's a chance he could be there for the Rams in the 2nd, just depends on how many teams reach for QB's in the 1st. That always help a guy like this to drop. If he gets by the Packers and Steelers in the first the Rams will have a good shot at him.

I would take him over Poe and Worthy due to his intensity.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I'd love to see Ta'amu and David Wilson/Lamar Miller there for the Rams in round 2.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
There is a chance and I absolutely love this guy. Quickest player that I scouted off the snap, every damn time.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
bluecoconuts said:

Maybe, but I'm not so sure anymore. There was an interview where Snead talked about trading the #2 pick and he said they evaluated players and decided they didn't want to drop out of the top 10... Maybe they will be willing to again, but it seems to me like they're not willing to drop lower than the Dolphins.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think you could drop to 10 with the Bills and end up with everything you'd want. You'd still get a stud at 10 and an additional pick or two.